Flights To Penang

Will take the airasia 7.30am flight to Penang arriving at 10.00am with the view of getting non immigrant visa application in at the embassy same day. Can someone advise if I should take 5pm flight from Penang the next day or 10.30pm flight? Will the 5pm flight be cutting things short? Any experiences?

Thanks. JJ

I was told by a friend who went to Penang two weeks ago, that it's possible to pay 600 Bhat extra and get the visa the same day. I can't confirm this, but I'm sure others would be interested. - if you could be kind enough to check it out and report back it would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Geoffphuket

You should be able to pick up passport at 2 pm so 5 pm fight should be OK. From my understanding Air Asia is not know for on time departures (especially later in the day) at any rate. Hopefully a recent traveler can add to this.

Thanks Lop, any other recent experiences?

i got my passport before 12 noon. awful lot of time to spend in the airport for the 5:30pm flight.

Also you can re-check status of double/triple entry tourist visas as I am sure many here would appreciate to know that Cheers!

dont bother goignt to Penang to get a double or triple tourist visa, they aint giving it out, only single, might as well go to singapore for a few day, they dont ask question giving out single either.

Why the rush?

Penang is a pleasant place to spend a few days. In Penang I give my passport to an agent at noon. I just sign the form and hand him 2 photos and the fee. I go out and have 2 enjoyable days and nights, meanwhile he brings the passport back to my hotel the next day with the visa. The following day (2 days later) I'll catch Air Asia's 10:30am flight back to Bangkok.

Visa runs can be a pain in the ass, but why not try to enjoy them. I usually extend my stay in Penang to 5 nights.

You won't get the 2 and 3-entry visas now, but I doubt you'll get them anywhere.

As a military coup has just begun as of this writing, who know's what's going to happen. It's likely that the visa rule change will not be enforced.

it amazes me how clueless this board is, how littel people know about procuring visas, tranist and god...TAKING PLANES only to go to penang!

john: you turn in your visa 9-12 and can expect it back the next day. you SHOULD be able to make a plane by 5pm but you have check in and the airport is way away from the consulate. expect a HUGE influx of people at the consulate also... since you are clueless about the coup (not mentioned) who even knows...open? visa? how long??? i take the train 2nd sleeper, like the thai people. maybe you should think about it...

firefan: singe entry "that is the new rule" - that was spoken to me directly. he tossed back my rm100. as it was raining i waited 30min before leaving EVERYONE applying for tourist visa= SINGLE.

thrill seeker: if you got your pp before noon it could only be becasue you did not go next day. there is no way they would do this for you since about 1998. thats a load.

max: correct about penang. but i HEAR singapore is not ez for visa and if anything only single only.

tropo: i do not find penang pleasant but i have been there many times for visa and to indonesia. it is really boring (but if you are first timer there is lots to do so i do agree for a few days). my favorite thing is to go to my low class bar and get really drunk with the poor chinese, bumiputra and hindus and we all discuss politics and its great fun and i can use my indonesian...you are correct. no 2-3 visa.

PEOPLE WHAT ARE YOU THINKING AT THIS POINT. THERE IS COUP DE MAIN AND YOU THINK THEY WANT TO DOLE OUT TRIPLE TOURIST VISAS???

PASS THE DUTCHIE MON....

SINGLE VISA IF YOU ARE LUCKY!