Lost my Receipt showing I reported as required. What Can I do?

I am desperate because I am still new at this. I last reported in March but left the country and returned April 21st, so I am not scheduled to report until around July 19th. I thought I left the document at home but it is definitely NOT HERE. I may have put it back in the passport and with the going back and forth at the different immigrations in India where I went, it may have got lost. Now that I am getting my docs together to make copies is when I realize I do not have it.

WHAT CAN I DO??? This gave me instant d---rr--a!

Further to UbonJoe's comments, if you returned to Thailand (arrived in country) April 21, then what you should have is the blue departure card stapled in your passport. It would have the date stamped in it.

You seem to say you thought you would have the 90 day report card with you while traveling in India, but that cannot be the case. When you arrive you start a new 90 day cycle. You still have to report but you should be looking for the blue departure card in your passport.

Did you lose the blue departure card? The blue arrival card is what they collect when you clear immigration entering the Kingdom.

• Like 2

Thanks very much, Ubonjoe and Minnehaha for your timely responses.

I do have the blue TM.6 form. What I lost is the stamped receipt which I thought I was required to produce for the next reporting. I thought I read somewhere that it is one of the documents you must produce when you report.

Does this mean I have nothing to worry about?

I've decided not to try messing around with online reporting as I have a mac and no access to printing, so I'll just mosey on up to ChanWattana or whatever first thing in the morning and get it over with.

Pulpeddoes:

To put your mind at ease, you have no worries.

I will tell you, that on Thai Visa, UbonJoe is the most respected source of information, and in 5 years, have never seen his info be at fault.

Relax, no worries.

Thank you, bangkokequity.

I have not been a member too long long and I figured that out about Ubonjoe. I posted expecting him to answer and I would have followed whatever he said, because reading his responses in the past year indicate to me his knowledge of the topics.

Thank you for being there, Ubonjoe. You are much appreciated! (Sometimes it is good to hear it.)

• Like 1

As always Ubonjoe is technically correct.

But as the OP left the country , surely his previous 90 report receipt in inconsequential..............as a new 90day reporting period started upon his arrival back in Thailand.

So , in effect , this visit to Immigration will be a "new" first report where he will receive a receipt for the report .

• Like 2

Immigration could want proof of the previous report being done prior to leaving the country.

Entering the country does mean you are starting all over again if you have needed to do reports prior to leaving the country.

• Like 1

A data point to add - did a 90 report in February, left the country in April so next 90 day report due this month. Mailed in my 90 day report (to Chiang Mai) and did not include the receipt from February's report. I did make certain to highlight the stamp(s) on the photocopied passport page that showed I departed and returned.

Processed as normal.

Thanks The Appletons.

I will actually go to Immigration directly on Friday morning. Last time I went, I dealt with a very hostile officer, so here's hoping...

I will highlight my departing and arrival dates as you suggest. Too bad they don't enter the 90 day reporting stamp in the actual passport somehwhere! :-(

So Ub​onjoe, are you saying that I can still have a problem if they ask for that receipt? I am hoping that the officer will not be too hostile and will be willing to verify it in the system. After all, the validity of one's reporting should not rest solely on a manually stamped piece of paper.

Then again, this is Thailand.

I used to deliberately throw away the old 90 day report sheet when I left the country, returned and started a new cycle.

I had this underlying fear that the sheet would draw their attention to the fact that it was well over 90 days since my last report (despite having re-entered during).

Not easy to win an argument with an immigration official.

Due to Ubon Joe's comment above I shall 'have it available' just in case.

• Like 1

I have never considered that slip of paper to be a receipt, just a notice of the next report date. Why would there be a receipt for a transaction that involves no money? As noted, Immigration has a record of your last report, and a new period begins on each re-entry, making the previous slip irrelevant.

I have never considered that slip of paper to be a receipt, just a notice of the next report date. Why would there be a receipt for a transaction that involves no money? As noted, Immigration has a record of your last report, and a new period begins on each re-entry, making the previous slip irrelevant.

The word receipt means "the action of receiving something or the fact of its being received". In this case it is for them receiving your 90 day report.

As said before immigration could want to see that you have been making reports in the past.

All they would have to do is look in your passport and notice that prior to leaving you had stayed longer than 90 days.

Immigration should have record of your last report in their computer database but if that somehow got lost it would mean they would have to look for your last report in their archives.

Having the old receipt also helps now because it now has a bar code they can now scan that makes it much easier for them to find your record.

• Like 1

Exactly! Thank you. I lost my last slip, and have not given it a second thought.

Reports are processed and archived (obviously) ... the "reminder' slip is, in a legal sense, meaningless.

Exactly! Thank you. I lost my last slip, and have not given it a second thought.

Reports are processed and archived (obviously) ... the "reminder' slip is, in a legal sense, meaningless.

The slip as some people call it does say it is a receipt. It does not have a space on it for your next report date until they stamp it or it is printed on it when they print out the receipt now.

post-66997-0-27086300-1436935558_thumb.j

Loosing it can be a big problem it your record is lost on their computer system. It would mean going through stacks of reports to find your last report. If that could not be found it would be a 2000 baht fine.

• Like 2

Well now, I am somewhat not as panicked as I was earlier but still not too comfortable. I guess I will go on Friday morning and pray for the best outcome, (I do that generally) and will report how it turned out.

First thing I will do when I get home is make a copy of the pesky receipt!

Thank you all for your input.

UPDATE:

I went to Immigration in BKK this morning at 8:45 and was out by 9:45. No questions asked. At all.

The 15THB I spent for copying pages was a waste of money. They only needed the TM.47. Just in case, I am making a digital copy of that receipt that reminds me when to report next and the bar code on it though.

Thanks to all who responded.