3 entry tourist visa by mail in the UK

What's the latest on obtaining a triple entry tourist visa by mail in the UK? Hull used to be decent but it's all changed I hear...

Can you still apply by mail, which consulate is best and what do they require?

Thanks.

Edited by AngThong

The only place you can apply by mail is the embassy in London. All the consulates can only accept application by appointment. Don't see any special requirements on the embassy website but there again I don't have personal experience of tourist visas.

• Like 1

Applications by mail are no longer accepted by the consulates.

Mailed visa applications have to be sent to the Thai Embassy in London.

Ok. How good/bad are they compared to, say, Hull in the "good old days" (well, 2012-2013 really)? Tricky to deal with or grant most applications as long as all requirements (which would be...?) are met?

Would be very grateful if someone with recent experience can share. Need to apply for a triple entry tourist visa next month, I do have three previous visas (one triple-entry, two singles) but these are from 2012 - early 2014.

Now you have to apply by post to London immigration (Hull will only do in person applications), they have different forms to the Hull office so make sure you download them from the London office web site and not the Hull one. It's still just as quick as hull, in June I had my passport back after 3 working days. They require the completed form, passport photos, passport and fee (postal order or cash only, credit cards and cheques are not allowed).

• Like 1

Now you have to apply by post to London immigration (Hull will only do in person applications), they have different forms to the Hull office so make sure you download them from the London office web site and not the Hull one. It's still just as quick as hull, in June I had my passport back after 3 working days. They require the completed form, passport photos, passport and fee (postal order or cash only, credit cards and cheques are not allowed).

Thanks! They don't require flight tickets, travel plans, proof of income etc.?

Applications by mail are no longer accepted by the consulates.

Mailed visa applications have to be sent to the Thai Embassy in London.

Ok. How good/bad are they compared to, say, Hull in the "good old days" (well, 2012-2013 really)? Tricky to deal with or grant most applications as long as all requirements (which would be...?) are met?

Would be very grateful if someone with recent experience can share. Need to apply for a triple entry tourist visa next month, I do have three previous visas (one triple-entry, two singles) but these are from 2012 - early 2014.

I had 4 triple tourist visas in my current passport spread across 2 years as I am in and out alot, 2 from Hull and 2 from london since the changes, got my 5th one in June from london no problem at all.

And no, I was not asked for any proof, just had to complete the planned dates of travel.

Edited by B1ade
  • Like 1

I had 4 triple tourist visas in my current passport spread across 2 years as I am in and out alot, 2 from Hull and 2 from london since the changes, got my 5th one in June from london no problem at all.

And no, I was not asked for any proof, just had to complete the planned dates of travel.

Brilliant. "Complete the planned dates of travel" - on the application form? Some embassies/consulates want you to submit a separate travel plan with exact dates for your entry, border runs and exit.

No travel plans required, I had a double entry for 2 holidays four months apart issued by Glasgow.

Just fill in the appropriate form for the chosen consulate if applying in person or, as advised above, the embassy form for postal applications

Edited by The Fat Controller
  • Like 1

Brilliant. "Complete the planned dates of travel" - on the application form? Some embassies/consulates want you to submit a separate travel plan with exact dates for your entry, border runs and exit.

Its just an entry on the form, 'when do you plan on travelling to Thailand', 'how long to you intend to stay', I've never been asked for a travel plan etc from either Hull or London.

• Like 1

Its just an entry on the form, 'when do you plan on travelling to Thailand', 'how long to you intend to stay', I've never been asked for a travel plan etc from either Hull or London.

Excellent. Indeed - Hull were very easy to deal with, and London sounds much the same. Some Thai embassies in other countries can be a proper PITA with long lists of requirements.

Thank you wai2.gif