Benzbromarone for gout ? do you know of it

i claudius

Introduction

Benzbromarone is a nonpurine xanthine oxidase inhibitor used for the treatment of gout, but never approved for use in the United States because of concerns over reports of acute liver injury and deaths with its use.

Introduction Benzbromarone is a nonpurine xanthine oxidase inhibitor used for the treatment of gout, but never approved for use in the United States because of concerns over reports of acute liver injury and deaths with its use.

actually you can get it in the US according to the internet ,and only 1 death has ever been reported ,but thanks for the heads up

I have used Colchicine which I bought in China. Not sure if you can get it in Thailand but it works for me.

I don't want to scare you, but in my opinion Colchicine is poison. Google around.

Why not use Diclofenac.

I used Colchicine in the states.Allipuranl tears up my stomach. My doctor at Bangkok Hospital prescribes the Benerone, 6 months supply at a time. It is not available in Pharmacies, only the hospital, but it works.

I used Colchicine in the states.Allipuranl tears up my stomach. My doctor at Bangkok Hospital prescribes the Benerone, 6 months supply at a time. It is not available in Pharmacies, only the hospital, but it works.

Yes my doctor prescribed it as allupirinol gives me liver problems and she wanted to try 50mg benerone ,but i did not want a prescription from the hospital as its twice the price of Farcino ,now i have to go back to buy there ,how much is 6 months supply by the way.thumbsup.gif

Edited by i claudius

I have used Colchicine which I bought in China. Not sure if you can get it in Thailand but it works for me.

I don't want to scare you, but in my opinion Colchicine is poison. Google around.

Why not use Diclofenac.

Actually colchicine is a poison ,thats why you can only take a certain dose ,but it only masks the pain it is not a way of reducing uric acid which causes gout. but dont worry if you only take the prescribed dose it will not harm you.

My sympathy, know the pain. Allopurinol works very well for me, no problems, have been using it for some fourteen years now, 100 mg every morning. What are the symptoms of your liver problem with it?

Normally my liver count is under 40 but when i take allupirinol it goes up and up so if i kept taking it it would damage my liver ,once i stop the readings go down quite quickly, that is why she is trying this other drug ,however it can do the same ,i get all my readings done on a regular basis ,but when on allupirinol every two or three weeks for my liver .

Just out of curiosity, have you cut from your diet those foods known to be high in purines? I'm presuming you would have, so I'm wondering why the continued bouts of gout.

After my cardio put me on plavix, I was hit by the most savage bouts of gout in succession that lasted a month. She refused to take me off the plavix, so I was forced to alter my diet. Up till then I was a rabid eater of Vegemite and the occasional liver paste sausage, plus peas, chicken and a few other purine-high foods. All those have gone now from my diet, and I have had only one incidence of gout since, curiously after I ate one chicken drumstick one night and some peas the next. It was fixed with colchicine.

I'm interest to hear your thoughts.

Wit.

Just out of curiosity, have you cut from your diet those foods known to be high in purines? I'm presuming you would have, so I'm wondering why the continued bouts of gout.

After my cardio put me on plavix, I was hit by the most savage bouts of gout in succession that lasted a month. She refused to take me off the plavix, so I was forced to alter my diet. Up till then I was a rabid eater of Vegemite and the occasional liver paste sausage, plus peas, chicken and a few other purine-high foods. All those have gone now from my diet, and I have had only one incidence of gout since, curiously after I ate one chicken drumstick one night and some peas the next. It was fixed with colchicine.

Wit.

And don't forget the beers and booze. Don't see you mentioning that in your diet

Distributor is SPS Medical Co. Ltd.. Email admin [AT] sriprasit.com. Brand name is Benarone. They should be able to tell you who stocks it in your area.

Thanks gave them a bell ,very helpful,they gave me two local chemists one of which did not answer their phone but the other has them and I pick them up tomorrow,80 baht for 10,or spa medical can post them Edited by i claudius

Wit.

I still eat chicken,but not many other prurines ,funnily enough while on allupirinol and since I came off it I have been gout free. Even though my uric acid level has gone back up Edited by i claudius

Wit.

And don't forget the beers and booze. Don't see you mentioning that in your diet

Ahhh, beer - I remember it well. We had some good nights together, beer and I. :) Quit 14 months ago, mate, along with the smokes. A heart attack is an excellent way to bring wide boys down to earth. violin.gif

You should try Apple Cider Vinegar. It works a treat for gout. You should also make some dietary adjustments.

I just don't understand why you would take potentially dangerous drugs for a condition that is easily manageable in most cases without the need for prescription meds.

You should try Apple Cider Vinegar. It works a treat for gout. You should also make some dietary adjustments.

I just don't understand why you would take potentially dangerous drugs for a condition that is easily manageable in most cases without the need for prescription meds.

Because some people myself included find that in my case taking allopurinol daily stops my gout.

Also not all people are able to follow strict dietary regimes due to factors such as work,travel etc.

It's a lovely thought but not always feasible,factor in the cost as well,maybe not so much here in Thailand but some again who split their time between here and Europe may not be able to afford all this healthy eating lark.

Cherries are another remedy.

You should try Apple Cider Vinegar.

According to the Internet it also cures diabetes, dandruff, high blood pressure, cancer and acne. Drinking it also helps you lose weight and brings about world peace.

Or is this just another totally unsubstantiated medical claim devoid of any scientific rationale?

I just don't understand why you would take potentially dangerous drugs for a condition that is easily manageable imost cases without the need for

pprescription meds.

Tried it for 4 months,I might as well have a cup of tea,sorry but it was useless same as all the other. Home remedies that I got from the internet allupirinol worked a treat but it put my liver readings up so had to stop it

Distributor is SPS Medical Co. Ltd.. Email admin [AT] sriprasit.com. Brand name is Benarone. They should be able to tell you who stocks it in your area.

Thanks gave them a bell ,very helpful,they gave me two local chemists one of which did not answer their phone but the other has them and I pick them up tomorrow,80 baht for 10,or spa medical can post them

Picked them up today fingers crossed they don't mess with my liver as well

To be honest I have tried everything in the past from all the home remedies to cutting out prurines ,nothing but the drugs worked

But then I was a child of the 60s lol