Looking for Apt in Bang Saray, they want 15 baht for Electric per unit

Nice Boyd

Not a scam if they tell you up front.

Many condos do this. The difference between the government rate and the rate you pay is added to the condo account to pay for maintenance. This way they can lower the maintenance fee that owners are paying per square meter.

The advantage with this system is that owners who spend more time in the condo pay more for maintenance compared with owners who only spend a few month there every high season.

"Many condos do this. The difference between the government rate and the rate you pay is added to the condo account to pay for maintenance. This way they can lower the maintenance fee that owners are paying per square meter".

And there are fairies at the bottom of the garden!

Not a scam if they tell you up front.

Many condos do this. The difference between the government rate and the rate you pay is added to the condo account to pay for maintenance. This way they can lower the maintenance fee that owners are paying per square meter.

The advantage with this system is that owners who spend more time in the condo pay more for maintenance compared with owners who only spend a few month there every high season.

"Many condos do this. The difference between the government rate and the rate you pay is added to the condo account to pay for maintenance. This way they can lower the maintenance fee that owners are paying per square meter".

And there are fairies at the bottom of the garden!

If you believe in letting complete outsiders run your condo without proper supervision and complete insight in accounts then you probably believe in fairies as well.

All the people I know who rent condos /apartments pay high electricity bills where the landlord uses his own meters.

My friend in Bkk [Thai girl] who lives in an apartment where there are only Thais also pays 15 baht a unit.

Always ask the price per unit if renting property.

When I first came to BKK 21 years ago I was given a corner rental unit with a lot of sun...

Very high electricity bills.I stayed onlt the one month. after my friend told me to check the cost

which was app 3 times the government rate.

But how much is the commercial rate for an apartment building? Where there may be many individual apartments but there's only one electricity bill from the electricity company for the entire building?

As I mentioned yesterday there is no one commercial rate.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/840438-looking-for-apt-in-bang-saray-they-want-15-baht-for-electric-per-unit/#entry9622985

Use the link I posted to find all the possible rates.

Thanks. I did have a look. Couldn't make head or tail of it!

It certainly isnt very clear.

Basically the rate per unit changes according to the amount you use and also according to the maximum capacity of your supply.

ct individually condo units to each have an independent supply and their own official bill at domestic rates. This is what happens in my building.

Thanks. This had never occurred to me before.

Do you know how much the commercial rate is?

I believe the domestic rate is (or was) about 3.5 baht a unit.

Where have you been? Maybe about 5 or 6 years ago. My bill just came in today - averages 4.49/kWh factoring in VAT.

The OP asks "is this the New Scam???" no it is an old scam...

7,500THB PCM... if it is only worth that then do not worry about the electricity charges as it probably will not have Air Con.

Serious what is the value of the property? what fees does the landlord have to pay, then factor cost of repairs and maintenance, and depreciation of furniture and fittings??? probably a very poor ROI.

Being a landlord in "Cheap Charlie Land" probably not a good idea...

It's Brand New, Looks like a Condo Building, it has Air con, modern looking building, wants to rent for cheap then get u at end of month, hoping you just take it, because u like it, , go to Bang Saray and take a left when u see 1st Farang Restaurant's on u r left

No way would I pay 15 baht at an apartment building when the gov rate is 4.0-4.5. That's the highest rate I've ever heard of. My bill last month was 169 kw/h. At 15 baht, my bill would have been over 2500 baht -- a third of my rent.

Paying that rate would be like having a car dealer install the window tinting on your new-car purchase at three times the price of the shop down the street because you're too lazy and irresponsible with money to get it done yourself. It's just basic consumer smarts. Why buy the dealer another case of wine when it can be your case?