Triple entry visa, how long can I stay in Thailand

Hi,

I'm Israeli and intending on getting a triple entry tourist visa which by our royal Thai embassy website is valid for 3 months. I've asked in another forum how long I can stay in Thailand for total and I was told it is 3x(60 days+30 days extension) which is a total of 9 months.

When I researched here all I could find is that the validity of the visa is 3 months therefor I can do the last entry just before the 3 months expiration date which means the total amount of time I can stay is just a few days below the 6 months.

Which is true ?

Normally a 3 entry tourist visa will be issued with a vanity of 6 months that can give you almost 9 months of stay by doing 30 day extension of each entry. You would just need to be sure you do the 3rd entry before your visa expires which will be shown as the enter before date on your visa.

If it is only valid for 3 months the most you could get from it would be about 6 months. You would have to use the 2nd entry before the enter before date that will be 3 months from the date of issue.

Hmmmm... I just came into Thailand last night. They checked all my entries. Said I could only come into Thailand a total of 6 months and. I'm assuming it was because I was just such a great guy they gave me a bonus one month for my efforts and said I'd have to exit in one month not to return for 6 months. Didn't know there was a limit of ins-and-outs for Thailand. Will have to go to the Immigration office and see if there's anything I can do. I'd qualify for the over-50 retirement visa.

There are several posts in regards to entry without a visa where immigration have made 'noises' on entry to the entrant. But as Ubonjoe has stated on numerous occasions, there is no issue if you have a Visa.

If you qualify for the Non Imm O visa and the annual extensions of stay, that's certainly the way to go.

Hmmmm... I just came into Thailand last night. They checked all my entries. Said I could only come into Thailand a total of 6 months and. I'm assuming it was because I was just such a great guy they gave me a bonus one month for my efforts and said I'd have to exit in one month not to return for 6 months. Didn't know there was a limit of ins-and-outs for Thailand. Will have to go to the Immigration office and see if there's anything I can do. I'd qualify for the over-50 retirement visa.

There is no such limit.

Immigration gets an alert when you have 6 visa exempt entries. It does not mean you cannot do anther one for 6 months.

If you have been doing them back to back with very little time out of the country it is surprising they have not commented about your entries before.

Royal Thai Embassy have different rules.. some are valid for 3 months other for 6 months.. if you not going to travel then just get a double entry if the Embassy your going to use only issues a 3 month valid, then go to another Embassy/Consulate nearby for another double [not sure if you can on your nationality]

Does anyone have a list of all the embassies/consulates around the world which issue triple entries?

Pretty much all in North America, Europe (except France, and others), Australia, NZ. None in Asia except Bali. I think none in Africa and Middle East either.

Hello my name is Fabian Ngobidi ejike am from Nigeria i have a question to ask please,I get my addmintion in siam university Bangkok Thailand and I applied for a student visa but they gave him tourist visa, please I want to know if I can come with the tourist visa and if they can change it over there because lecture starting soon.Please I will be waiting for you reply soon thanks

Hello my name is Fabian Ngobidi ejike am from Nigeria i have a question to ask please,I get my addmintion in siam university Bangkok Thailand and I applied for a student visa but they gave him tourist visa, please I want to know if I can come with the tourist visa and if they can change it over there because lecture starting soon.Please I will be waiting for you reply soon thanks

yes you can change with a short trip to lao. very easy. people will explain you. just come to Thailand.

Does anyone have a list of all the embassies/consulates around the world which issue triple entries?

Pretty much all in North America, Europe (except France, and others), Australia, NZ. None in Asia except Bali. I think none in Africa and Middle East either.

Do you know where in Australia? Sydney only offers double entry.

You apparently did not have all the required documents to get a non-ed visa so they did a tourist visa. It would of been best to of turned down the tourist visa and obtained the required documents for the non-ed visa before traveling to here.

You should be able to change to a non immigrant visa entry at immigration if you are studying full time at a University.

There was a recent post on this forum listing the requirements for a student from Africa to get an extension of stay which would be the same as those needed apply for a visa.. One of the requirements was a criminal back ground check from their home country. It also included financial proof and proof of residence.

If you cannot get the change done at immigration you will have to return home to get the ED visa. There is no embassy or consulate within the region where you can apply for any visa.