Chulalongkorn water expert: Only 2 rain storms are expected rest of the year

webfact

I wouldn't worry too much. There'll be floods in no time and they'll happily watch all the flood waters run down the drains..

It begs the question, why don't they store the water that falls when it rains? Maybe it'd be too easy! With a bit of foresight and preparation, any prospective droughts could be avoided.

But what would "we" know, eh?

Anyone who has been here awhile knows that it usually pisses it down at this time of the year. No one needs an expert from Chula to tell them that it isn't raining, We've been discussing the drought since early March. Where the f*** was he?

Edited by Local Drunk

For the last 4 days it was raining almost all over Thailand which is happening now. I don't understand why they are saying that it is not raining?

It rained for 10 minutes here 3 days ago. Before that it didn't rain for about 2 weeks.

No rain since.

I think the rain in the Bangkok area is very local and not so much at all.

At least this guy knows about El Nino, but I can't imagine how he comes to his prediction that there will be only two more storms this year. I suppose it depends on what he means by "storms." Maybe he's thinking of typhoons or tropical depressions.

"He said that the government expected that late seasonal rains and from the two anticipated storms for the rest of the year would bring about 6,000 million cubic metres of water or 600 million cubic metres per month to replenish the shrinking water"

Me thinks this expert can't even calculate or maybe he made this up 3 months ago.... 600 million cubic a month for 5,5 month would be 3.600 cubic and not 6.000.

Says a lot about this experts !!!

How on earth can they predict two more storms...Not one or three, but two more.

The weatherman in Australia cannot even predict the weather so precisely over a 1 week period let alone for the rest of the year.

I think this is some fear tactics to make the people reduce their water consumption.

In BP today Thanawat Jarupongsakul, There is lecturer at the university's Department of Geology, says that 6-7 storms might arrive from the Pacific Ocean

between August and October, as he say could cause flash flooding.

So no problem the Rain will come

In the movie ' Eisenhower : Countdown to D-Day ' the actor playing the command weather man Group Captain Stagg has the line " predicting the weather involves a fair bit of witchcraft. "

Very appropriate for LoS and if the ' experts ' used this in their delivery the public would be right behind them. gigglem.gif

This is probably the same guy who said in early July that no rains would come to the northeast until the end of July. One week later Sisaket and some other parts of Isaan got 3cm an hour for several hours followed by a solid day of less torrential rain. Little wonder that Thais rely on superstition not science!

I'll take another look at this ... the next time it's pissing down. You have to smile at some of the stuff that spouts from the mouths over here. Back in the UK, millions of pounds are spent predicting the weather, it's barely reliable for 48 hours in advance with an accuracy of 60% for rainfall.

This guy seems to be claiming to be able to predict rainfall for the next 5 months. TiT

What happens if the rainy season ends and the major dams are not stocked up with water? Will the irce farmers have to tighten their belts again next year?

Today's BP headline reports farmers in Pathum Thani having set up 60 pumps along the river and have pooled money for fuel to operate them in defiance of Prayuth's order. There again, Prayuth did give them the green light for yet another crop in May. There is currently a stand off. But you have to wonder at a country reaching this impasse with gazillions of overpriced rice still sitting in warehouses blink.png

Ahh... Hope the old boy didn't knock on his wooden head right after making this statement.

Usually predictions like this are followed by the exact opposite of what the guv'ment said....Like that clown in Greece saying "There's no money problem", and all the banks were closed the next day.

Look at this announcement as a good omen.

--------------

Oh yeah, there's a scant 5.5 months left in this year.... SOB is the best meteorologist I ever heard of he's right.

I wouldn't worry too much. There'll be floods in no time and they'll happily watch all the flood waters run down the drains..

It begs the question, why don't they store the water that falls when it rains? Maybe it'd be too easy! With a bit of foresight and preparation, any prospective droughts could be avoided.

But what would "we" know, eh?

Planning-schmlanning.....The letter "P" in Thailand stands for planning and preparation.

Oh yeah.....the letter "M" stands for maintenance.

Edited by jaywalker

Water expert: Only two rain storms are expected rest of the year

Ok, rainstorms, listen up, if there are more than two of you going to Thailand by the end of the year, you will be sued for defamation of our water expert!

Water expert: Only two rain storms are expected rest of the year

Ok, rainstorms, listen up, if there are more than two of you going to Thailand by the end of the year, you will be sued for defamation of our water expert!

Yeah! And you two had better make sure you bring at least 6,000 million cubic metres of water between you, or else it's 44 time for the pair of you. Oh yeah, and you've got make it all average out to 600 million cubic metres per month as well otherwise, as Klauskunkel said, we're setting the lawyers on you asses for defaming our main man.