British Open Coverage

LarryBird

You are correct: THE British Open.

Friday's weather for St Andrews looking very benign. Watch the eagles and lesser birdies fly.

Lowest Asian player thus far is Anirban Lahiri at -3, local guys Jaidee at E and Aphibarnrat at +1.

If nothing changes looks like Cut line at Even par. Bye-bye Woods, TWatson, NFaldo, etc.

Even as a non-golfer but from a golfing family I know that it should be referred to as THE Open.

Pointless post. Are you a member of THE grammar police or just being pedantic.

Nothing to do with grammar, just correcting the title as it's not called the British Open, just the Open.

It is officially The Open Championships

But never mind that, when are CTH or True going to wake up & give us a cricket channel.?

UBC used to offer us a package for the Ashes as a pay per view, but now True have taken over

they cannot be bothered

It is officially The Open Championships

But never mind that, when are CTH or True going to wake up & give us a cricket channel.?

UBC used to offer us a package for the Ashes as a pay per view, but now True have taken over

they cannot be bothered

365sport have a cricket channel, but I wish I hadn't bothered watching THE Ashes last night

The open Championship is being aired on Fox Sports HD but according to CTH there is no english commentary available. However 365 Sport is showing exactly the same pictures from Fix Sports but this does have an English commentary - Peter Alliss, Julian Tutt, Ken Brown et al. When I pointed this out to CTH they denied it. As far as I am concerned I will now dispense with CTH altogether as it is clearly a cheap charlie broadcaster that can not or will not pay for the English commentary. The same situation applied for both Wimbledon and the French Open Tennis, i.e. no English commenatary on Fox Sports HD.

The open Championship is being aired on Fox Sports HD but according to CTH there is no english commentary available. However 365 Sport is showing exactly the same pictures from Fix Sports but this does have an English commentary - Peter Alliss, Julian Tutt, Ken Brown et al. When I pointed this out to CTH they denied it. As far as I am concerned I will now dispense with CTH altogether as it is clearly a cheap charlie broadcaster that can not or will not pay for the English commentary. The same situation applied for both Wimbledon and the French Open Tennis, i.e. no English commenatary on Fox Sports HD.

I watched Wimbledon, Roland Garros and am now watching The Open Championship, all in English.

I have TrueVision and the telecasts have either been on channels 680 or 689.

If somebody is not getting the English commentary on TrueVisions, they need to change the language on their "set top box" from Thai to English.

Good luck with CTH.

There was only ever one reason to get CTH and that was the Premier League. Hopefully this forthcoming season will be their last, and a comparatively decent broadcaster will get the rights in Thailand for the next 3 seasons.

Fox Sports HD and the other Fox channels are all in English on Truevisions.

I watched the coverage on Fox sports on Truevisions and the coverage in the studio is atrocious. We want to see all the action not some silly presenter trying to look cool and has-been (in other words, cheap) golfers interrupting the action.

Agree that the studio coverage is bad but the BBC doesn't do a good job of coverage. With a leaderboard this packed with players that have a chance to win they don't seem to be able to switch quickly between golfers making shots. Too much time wasted watching a golfer walk to his next shot or waiting to hit. I also love the rain on the camera lenses during the 3rd and 4th round. On rounds one and two they should have invested in some GoPro cameras. At least the image stablization works on GoPros but not on the BBC cameras. Hopefully when Sky picks up the Open in 2017 they will do a much better job of producing and directing.

• 11 months later...

Skys coverage this year is unreal.

I do miss the quality of the BBC coverage in the past, but some of the new technology sky is using is pretty good. The split screen traser on number 11 is cool and the overhead wire mounted camera on 8 works well. Some of the shots from the helicopter yesterday on the drives was really good. They do seem to have trouble picking up the second shot pretty regularly.

All together, I give the a solid B so far. Let's see how the weekend plays out when there aren't so many players.

Mickelson just made another birdie, leads by 4 again.

TH

Edited by thaihome

Skys coverage this year is unreal.

I do miss the quality of the BBC coverage in the past, but some of the new technology sky is using is pretty good. The split screen traser on number 11 is cool and the overhead wire mounted camera on 8 works well. Some of the shots from the helicopter yesterday on the drives was really good. They do seem to have trouble picking up the second shot pretty regularly.

All together, I give the a solid B so far. Let's see how the weekend plays out when there aren't so many players.

Mickelson just made another birdie, leads by 4 again.

TH

This is way better than the BBC IMO.

I'm from Troon, gutted i'm not home for it as i've not missed one since 89.