Decent Venue with Live Music to take my 16yr old Daughter?

JT65

Hi All

Looking for a decent venue i may be able to take my 16yr old daughter too relax and listen to music.

She loves music and we used to go to the beer gardens every now and then in oz for something to eat and to listen to the local bands.

Is there anywhere in CM that may have decent bands playing with good food that would be suitable to take a 16 yr old?

Obviously want to avoid any sleazy places.

Any good info appreciated.

Cheers

JT65

Boys Blues has a bar licence, under 20s not allowed entry ...... big fine for both.

For a 16yo, you need a place with a restaurant licence.

Tiger Kingdom on MoonMuang should be OK.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

Promenada Shopping Centre has live bands on Friday & Saturday nights from 7-11 p.m.

It is open-air (between the 2 main buildings).

A range of young Thai bands play Thai/Western music.

Good crowd of younger people with inexpensive and varied food available.

Very suitable for a 16 year old.

Lots of family groups

The food court at KSK, seems to be surprisingly good, and budget oriented...It's pretty regular, but I don't know the who and when, but they have a nice piano set up, and they do Elvis impersonators. Clean restrooms/food/security/parking/aircon/cheap...Dayli on Nimman soi 11 is also kind of beer gardenish, but it is officially a restaurant, so I don't think age would be a problem there...live music at 21:30 about 5 nights a week...Zero Acoustic Band, who are pretty good. Very Thai. Lots of early 20s crowd, and on up to 70 yo expats....but very few expats in there, but definitely welcome to all. I wouldn't call it a college bar, but it is close to a major U, so there is clearly an influence, as there is an influence from the local medical facilities. IMO, it's good to expose teenagers to university students, as it will make them look forward to attending. Also, there is music on the Maya rooftop, and that same band plays there, too. Never been though. Perhaps, Harry Nick will chime in.

Boys Blues has a bar licence, under 20s not allowed entry ...... big fine for both.

For a 16yo, you need a place with a restaurant licence.

Tiger Kingdom on MoonMuang should be OK.

Tiger Kingdom was closed last time I tried to go there. There was a fire I believe. Does anyone know if they ever re-opened?

Promenada Shopping Centre has live bands on Friday & Saturday nights from 7-11 p.m.

It is open-air (between the 2 main buildings).

A range of young Thai bands play Thai/Western music.

Good crowd of younger people with inexpensive and varied food available.

Very suitable for a 16 year old.

Lots of family groups

This would also be my recommendation. The only thing is that the music is more jazz/easy listening. May be a little boring for a 16 y/o.

The food court at KSK, seems to be surprisingly good, and budget oriented...It's pretty regular, but I don't know the who and when, but they have a nice piano set up, and they do Elvis impersonators. Clean restrooms/food/security/parking/aircon/cheap...Dayli on Nimman soi 11 is also kind of beer gardenish, but it is officially a restaurant, so I don't think age would be a problem there...live music at 21:30 about 5 nights a week...Zero Acoustic Band, who are pretty good. Very Thai. Lots of early 20s crowd, and on up to 70 yo expats....but very few expats in there, but definitely welcome to all. I wouldn't call it a college bar, but it is close to a major U, so there is clearly an influence, as there is an influence from the local medical facilities. IMO, it's good to expose teenagers to university students, as it will make them look forward to attending. Also, there is music on the Maya rooftop, and that same band plays there, too. Never been though. Perhaps, Harry Nick will chime in.

KSK Food Court?blink.pngunsure.png Nah, I'd think my Dad was a geek if he took me there for entertainment.

Yup, Star Avenue bars. She will enjoy them. MAYA roof top bars are very nice, but do they have live music?

Great new avatar there, Bangmai.

The garden bar and restaurant which is at the top end of Thae Pai Rd has bands every Sunday (Market day). But you may need to check as 2 weeks ago they were refurbishing the place. Good food too

re

Tiger Kingdom was closed last time I tried to go there. There was a fire I believe. Does anyone know if they ever re-opened?

no not yet !

and it wont be re e opening this week or anytime soon :(

pic taken this morning

dave2

post-42592-0-52860400-1437238903_thumb.j

'Absurd Comment'......

You obviously don't have a 16 year old daughter !!

I quite like Papa Rock and the food is pretty good.

I recently took some people aged in there 20s and they couldn't wait to leave.

Musicians aged 50+ singing songs from the 70's doesn't usually appeal to 16 year old girls !!!!

'Absurd Comment'......

Musicians aged 50+ singing songs from the 70's doesn't usually appeal to 16 year old girls !!!!

'Absurd Comment'......

This is just a sample of famous international musicians that have played there in the last few months

Clem Snide -

Ned Evett -

Local Latin Jazz band -

Perhaps its best to find out who is playing before you go - great advice for any LIVE MUSIC VENUE