Sophon Cable Digital Box Review and Observation

konying

So got one.

Easy enough to install, channel guide looks impressive.

Easy to connect, turn it on and .......

1. Pretty much the same channel line up as before, but now extra 70 or so THAI channels May be i am missing something, but all the extra movie channels are in Thai. Sports channel in Thai, True Vision channels in Thai

2. It claims to have better picture the sound. Well, some channels are more clear, very often "no signal"

3, My biggest annoyance with it. Universal channel and few others, voice and picture is NOT In sink.

Anyone else using it notice or is it only my box? Its sort of like internet buffering, where picture is moving but sound tried to catch up..

All in all, to be honest, if you not interested in Thai tv, this box is a waste of money

I had two channels on the list which indicated no signal when trying to tune them in so contacted Sophon and they sent out a technician. He changed some cable connections and did a few things in the central condo area and they are now working. If you get no signal on a couple of stations worth having Sophon come and check the feed to your house and box. Service was no charge.

I had two channels on the list which indicated no signal when trying to tune them in so contacted Sophon and they sent out a technician. He changed some cable connections and did a few things in the central condo area and they are now working. If you get no signal on a couple of stations worth having Sophon come and check the feed to your house and box. Service was no charge.

Did you have any problem with sound not in sink with picture?

I found their digital desktop box service to be a waste of time.Yes, sound is out of sync. But the extra channels are all in Thai. Worthless to me. The desktop box is only offered for one tv, so you must remember where the same channels are on two separate systems. Not worth the trouble to learn that. I disconnected it, put it in its original box, and stuck it in a closet. It didn't really cost me anything extra, so I'm not upset. Just don't understand why they would add those 70 channels and not even one new one in English. The picture quality was quite good, although it made no difference to me!

I found their digital desktop box service to be a waste of time.Yes, sound is out of sync. But the extra channels are all in Thai. Worthless to me. The desktop box is only offered for one tv, so you must remember where the same channels are on two separate systems. Not worth the trouble to learn that. I disconnected it, put it in its original box, and stuck it in a closet. It didn't really cost me anything extra, so I'm not upset. Just don't understand why they would add those 70 channels and not even one new one in English. The picture quality was quite good, although it made no difference to me!

So pretty much same experience as mine,

One part of the deal that really pisses me is they charge 790 baht or 690 with a coupon(which i am yet to see)

They would not discount a single baht even when i asked to buy 20.

Banglamung and Tippany cable give this boxes FREE to customers who have been with them for over 6 months

Did you have any problem with sound not in sink with picture?

I have not noticed this but only watch a few channels regularly. If you have technician come out worth asking them or even customer service on the phone if this is a regular problem for subscribers.

For me the picture quality is vastly improved and numerous of the Thai terrestrial channels are now dual language, also I live with a Thai partner so just for the enhancement of their viewing it was worth it.

Archived