Tourists sent running after a tourist boat ran ashore in high speed in Pattaya

webfact

Tourists sent running after a tourist boat ran ashore in high speed in Pattaya

7-20-2015-12-14-51-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Several tourists strolling or sitting on Pattaya beach in front of Soi 13 were sent running in panic when a double-decker tourist boat ran ashore in high speed about 8 p.m. on Sunday.

There were no injuries however but a speed boat which was anchored at the beach opposite Soi 13 in Tambon Nong Prue suffered some damages from the collision.

Police and defence volunteers who were rushed to the scene after being alerted of the incident found the skipper of the tourist boat, apparently drunk, walking on the vessel and refusing to disembark. The boat engine was still on upon the arrival of the officials.

The officials later went aboard and took him to the police station for questioning.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/tourists-sent-running-after-a-tourist-boat-ran-ashore-in-high-speed-in-pattaya

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-07-20

Only in Thailand... I read this a bit earlier in the English Lang. Newspaper..... Another example of local ability not to see or not to ask questions...... just print. The article reported that the boat ran aground about 8PM and beach goers ran in all directions..... The article stated that when the police showed up , some 3 hours later, the engine was still running and all passengers were all still aboard. .....3 hours later police arrive, passengers still aboard...... engine still running .. No questions asked.... no answer forthcoming.....

I would say this is a direct result of training in Thai schools against asking questions

"found the skipper of the tourist boat, apparently drunk, "

How many times have we heard this kind of thing?

but.... but.... officer..... everything was fine until they put the beach in front of me....... not my fault....

Edited by Gonzo the Face

A couple of weeks back Pattayas' credibility was destroyed forever over a girl giving a customer oral sex in a nightclub. Though no danger to life whatsoever.

Yet this kind of incident happens, drunk skipper with passengers onboard runs aground at high speed, endangering not only the passengers lives, but also beach goers lives, yet no no social media uproar.

How are priorities categorized in Thailand I wonder ??

Only in Thailand... I read this a bit earlier in the English Lang. Newspaper..... Another example of local ability not to see or not to ask questions...... just print. The article reported that the boat ran aground about 8PM and beach goers ran in all directions..... The article stated that when the police showed up , some 3 hours later, the engine was still running and all passengers were all still aboard. .....3 hours later police arrive, passengers still aboard...... engine still running .. No questions asked.... no answer forthcoming.....

I would say this is a direct result of training in Thai schools against asking questions

Quote: Only in Thailand

Quite easy to find examples of this all over the world.....and probably in your own country as well? Not a fan of Thailand I take it.....

Quote: Only in Thailand

Quite easy to find examples of this all over the world.....and probably in your own country as well? Not a fan of Thailand I take it.....

Give yourself a chance apologist, and in a few more years, depending on your density , it may sink in.......all over the world , children are encouraged to ask questions....... but not here in Thailand, because if the teacher doesn't know the answer and answers wrong they will loose face...... face if much more important than the childrens education...... Look around you, many things, read, you will see daily reports in newspapers that just beg questions, but the thought process is just not ingrained to those reporters to ask questions, that the public would want to know the answers..... and , oh, chances are that I have been in Thailand twice, or three times longer than you..... so chances are I have seen quite a bit more.

Just his luck>>> in front of Soi 13

From the old sea shanty;- "What shall we do with the drunken sailor?"

Hoo Ray and up she rises.

Shave his belly with a rusty razor

Put him in the longboat until he's sober

Put him in the bed with the captain's daughter
Put him in the long-boat and make him bail her.
Put him in the guardroom till he gets sober.
Any advances on this in a Thai fashion? whistling.gif

'Drunk' Captain Grounds Tourist Boat on Pattaya Beach
By Khaosod English

14373779531437378160l.jpg
A boat captain surprised beach-goers by driving his ship onto a popular beach in Pattaya on 19 July 2015.

CHONBURI — A captain has been arrested for driving his tourist boat at full-speed onto a popular beach in Pattaya last night.

Police were alerted around midnight after locals reported seeing the boat speed towards the shore, causing foreign tourists who were relaxing on the beach to flee for their lives.

Police officers arrived the scene to find the engine of the grounded boat still running, while its captain, a man in his 40s, walked around the deck and shouted incoherently at the officers. No one else was on the 47-seat boat at the time.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1437377953

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2015-07-20

Are you drunk ?

No

OK, that's been ruled out then, why did you hit the beach ?

Anchor failed

Obviously not your fault then

Farang was in the way....so fault of Farang. Accident not happen if no Farang on the beach