Portforwarding on true docsis doesn't work anymore.

kriswillems

I use true docsis/cable internet in the Pattay area.
I have a webserver running behind my router (which is just the interface to another local router).
Before I used to setup portforwarding in my True/docsis router so external communication on port 8081 would be forwarded to internal communication on port 8081 (which is the port that my webserver uses).
This used to work fine.
True has changed something to their system. Now I don't get a public IP address on my true/docsis router.
The WAN IP address I get on my True/Docsis is some kind of local IP address within the true network. It starts with 100.xx.xx.xx.xx.xx
But if I look at my real IP address at speedtest.net it's a real public address.

Somehow I can still get internet access via this local IP address.
There must be in the true network some kind of translation from this local IP address to a public IP address.
In Europe most DOCSIS systems actually work like this: you don't get a public IP address on your router and you need to setup portforwarding via a website of your service provider.
I called to True, and they don't know of such a website and they don't know what the problem is about.
Can anyone help me?

Sometimes rebooting (or power cycling the router Off/On) will again provide your WAN Port an actual PUBLIC IP Address,

Though it does seem some of the Thai ISPs are systematically reconfiguring their account provisioning servers to issue enterprise level NAT configurations so they can recover the PUBLIC IP Addresses from their dynamic IP Pool and use them elsewhere.

For some, just calling and reaching someone who understands what's happening can get them to put the router back to receiving an actual Public IP address once again.

Archived