Thai govt to stay until 2017: Official

webfact

I wonder how many of the 28 million households will read the 300 page document? That's even more paper wasted than in a Government office.

Don't you mean you wonder how many of the 28 million CAN read that document and if they CAN then will they be able to understand any of it?

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There will be no coup.

I will not be Prime Minister.

There will be elections next year.

Am I seeing things, or is there a pattern emerging here?

No, just a cunning plan from Baldrick being put into operation, Black Adder is now running the show

This will give the leader more time to instill that elusive happiness to the Thais.

"Who do you Think I am, a magician? I have no control of the weather! The drought is not my making! Here have some Bananas!.....Stupid questions....."

Edited by AlQaholic

Good. Better than any others there have been since Thaksin first came to power.

Maybe but how is that good?

Are they really killing corruption or just corruption in stealth mode?

Stealth? More like blatant. Start by explaining why the motorway project in Chonburi was increased by 4.2B or 26.25% from the original budget approved by the previous government.

And the Fat Lady has not even landed at Swampy yet !

Yes the USD has done rather well over the last 15 months. Perhaps you could tell us which currencies it hasn't appreciated against, or even which have fared better than the THB?

Swiss franc and yuan. And I assume you meant depreciated not appreciated ???

2017 you are kidding more like 3017 democracy inThailand has come to an end !!

And exactly when was there any democracy in Thailand?

Every time a government elected by the people was in power. Before you junta camp followers start shouting about corruption, I think most of us here realise that there has been a sniff of corruption about the PTP and other governments, but you can't blame that on the people. They vote for a party, how that party performs in office is not the fault of the people. If a party is allowed to go it's full term, then another party can then put it to the people how they'll govern, and the people then have a choice of voting the previous party out of office, or not as the case might be. But the final decision is with the people; that's democracy. Simples.

Apparently the junta requires more time to line their pockets with money in this period of declining economic activity. At their age, I doubt the future success of the country is what occupies their minds, but instead what wealth can they accumulate to ensure that they and their family are able to overcome any hardships that the general populace may face.

Or perhaps I am wrong... perhaps the junta are equating a constitution with laws? A constitution is not to hard to draw up... it should not take more than a couple of nights. Just pick one from any civilized country as a template. Voilà!

Propably already brainwashed in I saan :-(((;

So less corruption as now, LOS had not in last 100 years,

and from day to day more of this fishes are catched !

Therefore TS have to fear their funds are getting law for the " 500 free election support !!

If you are educated and from an democratic country ,

than you would know what time is neede to write a trustfull constitution;

In Africa, yes they do it in a minute with a gunshot !!

Please use discretion in your references to the government. Phrases which can be considered as anti-coup will be removed. Referring to Thailand or the government as a dictatorship, military dictatorship or other such terms will be removed.

Some posts have been removed.

Just curious, when has Thailand had or been a democracy?

On the occasions (4 I believe) on which it has elected a government this century. You see the fact that you dislike or disapprove of such a government does not mean it is not democratic.

It has ceased to be a democracy each time (3 I believe) that the removal of such governments has been engineered by the military . The fact that you applaud or approve of such actions does not make them any more legitimate.

Edited by JAG

Just curious, when has Thailand had or been a democracy?

On the occasions (4 I believe) on which it has elected a government this century. You see the fact that you dislike or disapprove of such a government does not mean it is not democratic.

It has ceased to be a democracy each time (3 I believe) that the removal of such governments has been engineered by the military . The fact that you applaud or approve of such actions does not make them any more legitimate.

So elections = democracy? Gee, here I thought it was a lot more to it than that.