Thai tourist VISA - need help ASAP

It's my first time with a tourist VISA (3 re-enters). It's been in Thailand for just over 3 months.

After the first 60 days I renewed at immigration, where today (90 days) I tried to do the same thing but I was told I had to leave the country and come back?

Can I just fly to KL and fly straight back? What about if I go via road?

From what I've been told, every time I come back in, I get an extra 30 days then have to leave the country and come back?? In total 270 days??? I thought I purchased a 6 month tourist VISA (longest time for tourist VISA).

You are only allowed one 30-day extension of permission to stay for each entry into Thailand. That is why you got the first one, and why you can't get a second one (on the same entry).

Yes, you can fly to KL and straight back, which will use up one of visa entries and get you 60-day permission to stay, as long as your visa is still valid (that is, it is before your enter by date). You could do the same thing at a land border.

Every time you enter Thailand using your Tourist Visa (3 entries), if you enter by the enter by date listed on the visa (that is, the visa is still valid), you will receive 60 days of permission to stay in Thailand. That permission to stay can be extended by 30 days if you apply at an immigration office (and pay 1,900 Baht).

If you still have entries and time in your visa (and if you have 3 entries and 6 months, then you do), you'll get 60 days when you come back, and can do another 30 day extension. Just check your visa for Enter Before -date, and be sure to use your last entry before that day.

You paid for a 3 entry tourist visa with 6 months validity. The 6 months does not mean you can stay for 6 months without leaving it is the amount of time you can use the visa for entry.

You can get one 30 day extension of each 60 day entry the visa allows. Then after that 90 days you must leave and re-enter the country to use the next 60 day entry.

You can leave and re-enter the country by land or air on the same day.

Edit: Not sure about staying overnight at the airport in KL. You would have to do it after entering Malaysia, There are several flights a day to Kl from Bangkok that would allow you to return on the same day without a problem.

You will have to pay an overstay fine of 500 baht a day on departure from the country.

So 270 days in total?

Can I sleep at the international airport in KL overnight without trouble?

You need to find the date when your visa expires. If you entered Thailand on that day or before, you would receive 60 days, which could be extended an additional 30 days. That is the best way to figure out (and maximize) your stay in Thailand on the visa you have.

Yes you can sleep at the airport in KL:

http://www.sleepinginairports.net/asia/kualalumpur.htm

Although I expect it's possible to fly early in the day to KL and back the same day given the number of flights available between Thailand and KL. Air Asia probably has some inexpensive flights.

Edited by skatewash

what about if i hire a car or do a VISA run? I find it's allot more cheaper so I'm leading towards one of these two!

Baht for baht the cheapest border hop from Bangkok is train to Cambodia.

Note VISA all uppercase is the logo for a credit card.