Thai wine. Where is the good stuff?

Spaniel

I have treid and tried to find a wine over here, but found nothing but gut rot. I cant understand why! they have wonderful, weather mountains, and also seem to grow a fantastic amount of grapes

I really know nothing about making wine,or the grape required, but have visited vinyards all over France Italy and Germany,and love good wine.

Come on Thailand Get your Fingers Out ( a Prince Philip Quote )

Certainly limited knowledge about wine...

Wonderful weather? Too humid,too wet in rain season not much temperature difference between night and day.

Furthermore any business have to be learned though give them time...

To the OP:try monsoon valley vineyard nearby Hua Hin ...ain't bad and German cellar master...

PS You seem to of got it all wrong!! one min you say its too wet and humid,Then you say they make good wine in Hua Hin made by a German

SO what are you trying to say? German wine is as far as I am concerned mostly gut rot anyway. Cant compare with French etc

Ok. Listen my friend...in my post above I never claimed to know ALL about wine- agreed?

I never said anything about the quality of German wine- agreed?

Hua Hin is one of the dryest region in Thailand though there is no contradiction in my post- agreed?

The German cellar master has been mentioned due of her qualifications ( master degree which is pretty hard to obtain) and her skills...

Before you buffle on just try one of their wines probably " Colombard"...and let us know the outcome...

Will do thumbsup.gif

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have treid and tried to find a wine over here, but found nothing but gut rot. I cant understand why! they have wonderful, weather mountains, and also seem to grow a fantastic amount of grapes

I really know nothing about making wine,or the grape required, but have visited vinyards all over France Italy and Germany,and love good wine.

Wonderful weather? Too humid,too wet in rain season not much temperature difference between night and day.

To the OP:try monsoon valley vineyard nearby Hua Hin ...ain't bad and German cellar master...

PS You seem to of got it all wrong!! one min you say its too wet and humid,Then you say they make good wine in Hua Hin made by a German

SO what are you trying to say? German wine is as far as I am concerned mostly gut rot anyway. Cant compare with French etc

Ok. Listen my friend...in my post above I never claimed to know ALL about wine- agreed?

Hua Hin is one of the dryest region in Thailand though there is no contradiction in my post- agreed?

The German cellar master has been mentioned due of her qualifications ( master degree which is pretty hard to obtain) and her skills...

Before you buffle on just try one of their wines probably " Colombard"...and let us know the outcome...

Will do thumbsup.gif

Thank you from here we can go on.

As stated before the Colombard is a pretty good white wine just to drink or paired with not too intensive seafood.

Than they have two rosés.one with a light vanilla flavour (prefered by women) and one with a hint of tobacco(preferred by man)... Both are great with the right temperature to enjoy a nice sundown.

Than they have their flagship range where I really have to admit they have to work on to bring it to value...

The sparkling wine is great but limited due of limited output.

Btw I am not working for them I just want to give the OP an advise where to get good Thai wine.

Furthermore I'd like to add there are great French wines but the so called new world is cathing up especially in value(same as in food) France is living too much on reputation than in innovation...

Edited by Crazy chef 1

Will do thumbsup.gif

Thank you from here we can go on.

As stated before the Colombard is a pretty good white wine just to drink or paired with not too intensive seafood.

Than they have two rosés.one with a light vanilla flavour (prefered by women) and one with a hint of tobacco(preferred by man)... Both are great with the right temperature to enjoy a nice sundown.

Than they have their flagship range where I really have to admit they have to work on to bring it to value...

The sparkling wine is great but limited due of limited output.

Btw I am not working for them I just want to give the OP an advise where to get good Thai wine.

Furthermore I'd like to add there are great French wines but the so called new world is cathing up especially in value(same as in food) France is living too much on reputation than in innovation...

Yes France is living on its reputation,I like new world wines,and they are great value. But for me you just cant beat french. As I have said before its all down to ones taste.

I have had wine from Chateau de Loei that wasn't bad at all. Rarely see it in the stores, and not cheap either.

yeah,...Chateau de Loei was it !!... I couldn't remember it...My wife and I had a couple bottles of that wine, and that was OK, not top !! but good enough to have with a good meal or on the balcony watching the sunset...it was good enough...

In the North they have those fruit wines, made with those exotic fruits like leechee, Rambutan, Strawberry, pinaples,etc....very sweet....maybe too sweet...!! something like 99. Thb per bottle....you can find them on the border check point at Mae Sai....and on the road to it.

But I would not call them wines, heavy fruit juices is more like it...! interesting tastes dough...

Best regards.

What you wrote with one image shot in front of Mae Fa Luang's arboretum - road 1149

15875069529_4476fabed3_b.jpg

15438627234_d3c3dbeba2_b.jpg