Indonesia restricts Thai airlines

webfact

Guys, isn't it time for you to set down your beer glass and stop complaining about Thai airways. It's not the worse airline, the service is good the only negative is that it's pricy on some routes compare to the government substituted Gulf airlines. Don't understand all this negativity since a lot of you guys live in the country.

Hmmm....another press release, who needs those?

Guys, isn't it time for you to set down your beer glass and stop complaining about Thai airways. It's not the worse airline, the service is good the only negative is that it's pricy on some routes compare to the government substituted Gulf airlines. Don't understand all this negativity since a lot of you guys live in the country.

I live half and half, Oz and Thailand, and I won't fly with Qantas or Thai having tried both. My next trip Surat Thani - KL - Gold Coast and return cost me AU$330 by picking the eyes out of Air Asia sales, and about what I would pay BKK Air to fly Samui - BKK - Samui before I even think about a Thai ticket.

They need to hire foreigners in the top position in the aviation industry here, but the thai government would prefer that everything collapses then do that. The fear of hiring a qualified foreigner is stronger than the need of protecting the industry of total destruction. It reminds me of isolated countries and cultures like Japan and China 200 years ago. Thailand is literally hundreds of years behind the west, and it's because the elite that control the country refuses to develop.

Indonesia - one of the worst aviation safety countries in the world...

So you are saying that if they try to improve on their aviation safety, you are against that also?

Indonesia - one of the worst aviation safety countries in the world...

Here's a real case of the pot calling the kettle black.

Indonesia is one of just a handful of countries that currently are on the U.S. FAA's "not in compliance" Category 2 listing.

But, don't worry, Thailand is trying quite hard to join them and looks to be headed in that same direction by later this year, based on the results of the recent FAA examination of Thailand's government civil aviation regulatory system (or lack of one, to be more precise).

I live half and half, Oz and Thailand, and I won't fly with Qantas or Thai having tried both. My next trip Surat Thani - KL - Gold Coast and return cost me AU$330 by picking the eyes out of Air Asia sales, and about what I would pay BKK Air to fly Samui - BKK - Samui before I even think about a Thai ticket.

Well done!! wish I'd hopped into these specials.

How embarrassing! Slammed by Indonesia who has lost more airliners than the Germans lost fighters and bombers in WWII.

While Indonesia has lost a lot of planes, the reality is that they are the leader in ASEAN. Their economy far surpasses that of Thailand. And their economic growth rate is almost double that of Thailand. They are quite important in terms of their power and their resources. So, on a lot of levels their standing in the world is significantly beyond that of Thailand. Rightly so, they should be the authority within ASEAN, and they have every right to lecture Thailand. This place has a lot of room for improvement, and it is a very positive thing, when that is pointed out by fellow ASEAN members.

And yet, LION AIR which is owned by Indonesia can fly around Thailand at prices that make long haul bus rides to shame.

agree.

and LION AIR Indonesia is easily the most dodgy Airline in all of Asia (had to use them way too many times as they dominate the Indo domestic market). Unfortunately, their CEO is a personal adviser to the new miserably performing President Jokowi, so they do not have to fear any consequences, no matter what they do.

I would not be surprised if this backfires on THAI LION - Indo gov made Thailand lose face, after all, and that's dangerous ^^

Get real will you ... Compared to their prices Thai Airways is the worst in the World ...

So when you live in a country you cant criticize something thats obviously not working ... Welcome to N. Korea then blink.png

They need to hire foreigners in the top position in the aviation industry here, but the thai government would prefer that everything collapses then do that. The fear of hiring a qualified foreigner is stronger than the need of protecting the industry of total destruction. It reminds me of isolated countries and cultures like Japan and China 200 years ago. Thailand is literally hundreds of years behind the west, and it's because the elite that control the country refuses to develop.

In fact Thai have just done just that!... they have hired Wayne Pearce ex-Oman Air CEO to advise them.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general/630080/ex-oman-air-exec-signs-on-to-thai

In fact Thai have just done just that!... they have hired Wayne Pearce ex-Oman Air CEO to advise them.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general/630080/ex-oman-air-exec-signs-on-to-thai

Good start. Marketing Advisor sounds like a bit of window dressing. They need some core

changes that he won't be addressing. Hopefully, more to come.