Quote for a small tiling job

Would like some opinions as to what the realistic price for this job should be. The photo shows the job in progress (end of day 1). The tiling is basically just between the counter and cupboards. Job had to be done quickly so there wasn't time to shop around for quotes.

details:

- Location, apartment in central Chiang Mai

- Total area about 3 sqm

- 2 tradesman working for a bit less than 2 days

- Tiles were not included in the cost

- Tradesmen purchased 1 bag of cement and 1 bag of grout which was included in the cost.

Total charge 5,000 Baht. Would just like to know for future reference what this kind of job should cost.

post-226567-0-98074000-1437457861_thumb.

The cement and grout are 100 Baht and 50 baht respectively so approx. 4,850 for labour. Depending on how far they travelled to the job its still a bit expensive. I would think 3,-3,500 would be a fairer quote..Most tradesmen are on 450-500 a day so there is 2k plus travelling etc. I take it they cleaned up and disposed of old tiles/rubbish and you are happy with the workmanship.

I hope it wasn't cement and that they used tile adhesive, should have been 350 baht a bag.

In the UK that job would have cost a days money, £150 and been finished in a day, and no cement/adhesive buckets left in the sink.