Flour -

phutoie2

Thanks for that, will get on the case soon I am a retired baker but still dabble a bit. Usually I get my flour and pre-mixes from an Austrian buddy who runs a bakery in Bangkok. Unfortunately he is in Europe now and unavailable for a bit. This type of flour is suitable for diabetics and I have been asked to bake some bread using it.

NB:

Just looked at the website, pricey 160 - 210 THB for 250g packs, put that in perspective, I buy good quality rye flour for 530 THB for 5kgs.

Thanks for that, will get on the case soon I am a retired baker but still dabble a bit. Usually I get my flour and pre-mixes from an Austrian buddy who runs a bakery in Bangkok. Unfortunately he is in Europe now and unavailable for a bit. This type of flour is suitable for diabetics and I have been asked to bake some bread using it.

NB:

Just looked at the website, pricey 160 - 210 THB for 250g packs, put that in perspective, I buy good quality rye flour for 530 THB for 5kgs.

Would you please let me/us? know how you make bread for diabetics.

I bake sugarless cookies:

100 gr oatflakes, 100 gr cornmeal,100 gr whole wheat.

some dried fruit (50 gr of each): cranberry, raisins, prunes, apricots, dates

some nuts and seeds(50 gr of each): almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, pistachios sunflowerseeds, pumpkinseeds.

1 egg, 2 spoons Rice-oil, 3 teaspoons baking soda, some water

1 hand full of stevia leaves

mix in the KitchenAid. Form cookies. Bake at 180°C for about 20 min.

Not the best cookies I ever had. But OK.

I believe to have seen "specialty" flour at Makro ( in Ubon Ratchathani ) last week. I am not sure if the flours on your list were there as well...but I will take a look next time I am there.

You mentioned that you can get a good quality Rye flour for 530B / 5kg. Would you mind sharing or PM'ing me your source?

Archived