Decisions made for returning to the USA

bwpage3

Sounds fantastic!....

Not wishing to sound downbeat ....was curious about Florida and the crime rate, hurricanes and the mosquito and bugs.....have heard horrendous stories

Moved to Thailand 10 years ago and have 6 units ON the beach and close to Bangkok (cost $150,000... new build) ....Low crime (actually never experienced any but know its there), NO hurricanes or sunami's, and bugs are minimal as coastal wind pushes them inland. No property taxes, low electricity and water bills etc.....Corruption? yeah....but for me I don't mind paying a few hundred Baht ($10) for speeding tickets (or whatever....driving in righthand lane instead of lefthand lane) or to get something done quicky. Corruption vs Bureaucy in my opinion so about the same.

Yours sounds like a good story (and well written) but as you said "not for everyone" ....Happy in Thailand now! and unless things change for the worse, here till I die (I actually find it better than the US where I am the foreigner there now....soooo many immigrants).

OK

Just curious beachproperty,

Have you ever lived in Florida and if so where and for how long?

Oh yeah, that tiny $10 fine just encourages even more corruption, not to mention all the drunks on the road just let go.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic