Foreign motorbike theft gang arrested by Police in North Pattaya

webfact

Foreign motorbike theft gang arrested by Police in North Pattaya

bike-21.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Banglamung Police received information from their colleagues at nearby Laem Chabang Police Station that a motorbike theft gang were thought to be residing in their area and within hours, the gang members had been arrested.

The case began with the theft of a Honda MSX motorbike on 20th July in the Laem Chabang area. Security camera footage was analyzed and details of the gang were given to Banglamung Police as the offenders had left Laem Chabang in the direction of Pattaya.

In the early hours of Thursday a checkpoint was set-up in Soi Tunklom Tanman in East Pattaya where the suspects were thought to be residing and within minutes the motorbike was spotted and its 27 year old Cambodian driver and 15 year old Laotian passenger were arrested. A third Laotian boy aged 16 was also arrested later in the morning in connection with the case.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/204599/foreign-motorbike-theft-gang-arrested-by-police-in-north-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-07-24

Please refrain from referring to Cambodia and Burma people as ' foreigners ' because foreigners means

something entirely different in Thailand, and they are not the above people from those country...

Cambodian and Laotien again, Thais cannot do it.

Ummm, caught red handed on the stolen motorbike. Nationality has been confirmed obviously using ID papers.

So what's your point? Oh..... I get it, you just needed to get in your morning dose of Thai bashing eh?

Sorry to interrupt, please tell us again how great your home country is.....

Edit: BTW it's LaotiAn, not LaotiEn

Edited by Unky Dozer

I thought they were stealing Harleys.... they're foreign..... in spite of ASEAN deals, motorcycle theft gangs are still a protected profession: Thais only.

The way the headline reads... Made me think it was a pack of farangs stealing bikes.

In this instance, good job RTP. This past week, I've come across many police checkpoints on side streets where the police appear to be checking licenses, registrations and ownership of motorcycles and scooters.

Now if the crimes committed against persons gets as much attention, the credibility factor for the police will raise. One can only wish.