Jomtien traffic, and beach masseuses again targeted for change

Rimmer

Jomtien traffic, masseuses again targeted for change

PATTAYA:--Aborted last year, the plan to make Jomtien Beach Road a one-way thoroughfare could soon be revived, along with the oft-discussed idea of capping the number of beach masseuses.

At a July 14 Pattaya City Council meeting, Councilman Thongchai Ardzong complained that the number of women offering massages in Jomtien has grown rapidly and tourists are being pestered, leading to damage to the city’s tourism image.

Deputy Mayor Wattana Chantanawaranon agreed about the increase in masseuses and said he already has told relevant agencies to organize a meeting to discuss putting limits on the number of people working the beach.

Deputy Mayor Verawat Khakhay also told the council that city hall is working on reviving the plan to change Jomtien Beach Road into a one-way street, with opposing traffic traveling on Jomtien Second Road.

City and police officials bungled a similar plan in November when, after several meetings in which the public was not invited; Pattaya announced the change in traffic flow.

- See more at: http://www.pattayamail.com/localnews/jomtien-traffic-masseuses-again-targeted-for-change-49238#sthash.UwPEz7bH.dpuf

pattayamaillogo.png
-- Pattaya Mail 2015-07-24 footer_n.gif

these people are not licenced to work the beach move em on and they reappear in a different spot how can 1 control this unless a strict patrol is introduced oh but w8 this costs money and resources so better we let em be attitude.

Deputy Mayor Wattana Chantanawaranon agreed about the increase in masseuses and said he already has told relevant agencies to organize a meeting to discuss putting limits on the number of people working the beach.

They tried that in Pattaya, hire a 50 seater bus and 20 odd police officers, then round up 50 free lancers on the promenade at night, but at Tb100 times 50 ...costs them more than they make.gigglem.gif

Edited by Basil B

I reckon there are more ice-cream and sunglass vendors on the beach than masseuses.

As to the one way theory - it will be a debacle if they don't sort out the closed U-Turns and blocked off intersections on 2nd Road. Oh wait, who am I trying to kid - TIT.

It will be a debacle whatever they do. blink.png

The beach vendors are pests. Disrespectful pests. I recently watched a family on the beach trying to enjoy their holiday. One aggressive disrespectful vendor after another, haranguing these tourists. 30 or 40 of these jerks per hour hitting on this family. Non stop, in your face, pushy jerks. They will even wake you up if napping.

Maybe a shot of pepper spray or a zap with a taser would teach them some respect?

The massage ladies are about the only hawker that does not bother me at the beach. They kind of go hand in hand....Beach, relax, massage.

Not sure why some retard would think I might want a belt or a fake watch out the clear blue though.