Supreme Court acquit Abhisit, Suthep and Ong-art of defamation charges

webfact

A majority of the Thai population voted for the bogeyman in Dubai and only fanatics like you dispute the fact that even though vote buying did take place the outcome would have been the same without it. And only fanatics like yourself want laws in place to stop the great unwashed masses to elect whoever the he!! they please.

That kind of elitist thinking is quite honestly disgusting. In whatever country you come from are there laws in place to prevent people from electing whoever they want??

Didn't think so....coffee1.gif

Posting lies is against forum rules. In the 2011 election the constituency vote for PTP was 44.3%, the proportional vote was 48%, as you said, with vote buying and electoral bribes like the rice scam. That is only a majority in thaksinist propaganda and your mind. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thai_general_election,_2011

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thai_general_election,_2011

" the right of the majority to rule is no more inherent than the right of the minority to rule; and unless the majority represents sane, righteous, unselfish public sentiment, it has no inherent right." ~William Allen White

Any comparison of the Oz democracy and the farce called democracy here is ridiculous. When they achieve an educated and informed populace and a free and critical press to inform them, they may have a chance.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, slap on the wrist, and off you go....

Being found innocent is not a slap of any kind. A slap on the wrist is what Prompong got, and which he decided to appeal. Typical PTP moron unable to accept that anything they do is possibly wrong.

Being found innocent is not a slap of any kind. A slap on the wrist is what Prompong got, and which he decided to appeal. Typical PTP moron unable to accept that anything they do is possibly wrong.

No matter who's in power, the influential party leaders always get away with seeing any time in jail,.....

I ain't supporting nobody, dude....

No matter who's in power, the influential party leaders always get away with seeing any time in jail,.....

I ain't supporting nobody, dude....

I didn't accuse you of supporting, I pointed out that being found innocent is not a slap. Prompong currently in gaol might argue your new claim, I suppose he's not influential enough.

Red shirts going to jail, yellow shirts being acquitted.

All as expected.

Yellow shirts ?

Well anyway, did the Democrat party fellows do anything wrong? It would seem not, so acquitted.

BTW there do not seem to be 'red shirts' involved in this case either.

Well anyway, did the Democrat party fellows do anything wrong? It would seem not, so acquitted

At any rate, nothing that the court accepted.

As non-native English speaker my interpretation of English might not always be correct, but I sense a suggestion that you are not completely satisfied that the court accepted the 'correct' evidence. Of course you have some circumstantial evidence to explain why that is so?

A majority of the Thai population voted for the bogeyman in Dubai and only fanatics like you dispute the fact that even though vote buying did take place the outcome would have been the same without it. And only fanatics like yourself want laws in place to stop the great unwashed masses to elect whoever the he!! they please.

That kind of elitist thinking is quite honestly disgusting. In whatever country you come from are there laws in place to prevent people from electing whoever they want??

Posting lies is against forum rules. In the 2011 election the constituency vote for PTP was 44.3%, the proportional vote was 48%, as you said, with vote buying and electoral bribes like the rice scam. That is only a majority in thaksinist propaganda and your mind. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thai_general_election,_2011

" the right of the majority to rule is no more inherent than the right of the minority to rule; and unless the majority represents sane, righteous, unselfish public sentiment, it has no inherent right." ~William Allen White

Any comparison of the Oz democracy and the farce called democracy here is ridiculous. When they achieve an educated and informed populace and a free and critical press to inform them, they may have a chance.

Yes, until the (country side) populace are as educated and informed as the elite then democracy cannot work. Better be ruled by the whims of a military strongman.blink.png

Since you are referring to Oz can you tell me at what point in time did the population of Australia deserve democracy? At what point in time did the country bumpkins become enlightened enough to deserve the vote?

And you cheerleaders; please stop posting the following quote:

This is just pure, unadulterated BS sprouted by some of those who support the losing side in an election and cannot handle it. In every democracy on the planet (AFAIK) the party that gets most of the votes will be the one that forms the government.

Well no one need worry. They are a spent force anyway. I can assure you from first hand encounters with them that the righteous monk carries no respect, no trust and bears very little power over the people. Never again will you see him parading like he was down the streets like the pied piper. Those days are over.

Yes, until the (country side) populace are as educated and informed as the elite then democracy cannot work. Better be ruled by the whims of a military strongman.blink.png

Since you are referring to Oz can you tell me at what point in time did the population of Australia deserve democracy? At what point in time did the country bumpkins become enlightened enough to deserve the vote?

This is just pure, unadulterated BS sprouted by some of those who support the losing side in an election and cannot handle it. In every democracy on the planet (AFAIK) the party that gets most of the votes will be the one that forms the government.

Thank you for your apology for knowingly posting incorrect claims. To answer your question, 1901 at which time a free basic education was available, of a standard possibly better than offered in Thailand today, and a free press flourished.

If you don't like my quote, why don't you find one that says pandering to the ignorant and uneducated, proposing policies that are ruinous and unachievable, and making promises that you have no intention to keep, is an excellent way to gain power in a democracy, and you and your elected cronies have the inalienable right to steal as much as possible and then vote yourselves an amnesty. Try Thaksin's autobiography.

Thank you for your apology for knowingly posting incorrect claims. To answer your question, 1901 at which time a free basic education was available, of a standard possibly better than offered in Thailand today, and a free press flourished.

If you don't like my quote, why don't you find one that says pandering to the ignorant and uneducated, proposing policies that are ruinous and unachievable, and making promises that you have no intention to keep, is an excellent way to gain power in a democracy, and you and your elected cronies have the inalienable right to steal as much as possible and then vote yourselves an amnesty. Try Thaksin's autobiography.

Firstly; where is the apology?? Suggestion; lay off the Lao Khao in the morning - this will (possibly) make you more alert and coherent.

" pandering to the ignorant and uneducated".

I guess that is your definition of elections in which the unsophisticated and unrefined are allowed to cast a vote. Thanks for showing us your brown shirt creds.

Firstly; where is the apology?? Suggestion; lay off the Lao Khao in the morning - this will (possibly) make you more alert and coherent.

I guess that is your definition of elections in which the unsophisticated and unrefined are allowed to cast a vote. Thanks for showing us your brown shirt creds.

The thank you was to highlight your unrepentant ignorance.

So " ignorant and uneducated" equals brown shirt and "unsophisticated and unrefined" equals red shirt. Interesting fine line of distinction. As you seem to accept Thaksin's propaganda, which would you use to describe yourself?

So you had no problems with the rest of my suggested quote?

So " ignorant and uneducated" equals brown shirt and "unsophisticated and unrefined" equals red shirt. Interesting fine line of distinction. As you seem to accept Thaksin's propaganda, which would you use to describe yourself?

That's right. Resort to childish bickering when it's clear your anti-democratic and elitist arguments don't cut it. Anyone that has grown up in a democratic society but still supports a military take-over of another democratic country don't deserve any respect.

All this "but, but, but...Thaksin" whining used to justify everything that's going on today is just idiotic. As is the labeling of everyone that is critical of the current administration as red shirts. Oz sure didn't lose a great thinker when you left (assuming you live here at all).

What a surprise! I wonder who will be acquitted next? New PM but nothing ever changes!

One should be excused to interpret your post as a distinct show of lack of respect for justice being applied here.

That's not true. It can easily fail because of distortions in the system of representation, e.g. the electoral college in the US and parliaments in countries where parliaments can readily dismiss governments.

And that is after blatantly lying about "A majority of the Thai population voted for the bogeyman in Dubai..."

It certainly wasn't a majority of the Thai population, but it was a majority sufficient to kick Abhisits backside, at least the EC said so (yes, *that* EC). Or perhaps you might say they bought the votes? That's the usual refrain to excuse treason, coup d'etat and sundry other criminalities.

No one has ever suggested that they didn't win the election, though I should have said electorate rather than population. Nor has it been claimed that vote-buying was the reason for the coup. People rose up in outrage because of the incompetence, blatant criminality, and the attempt to whitewash themselves, rejected by 100% of the senate. The coup was both to stop the incessant violence of their supporters, and to resolve the political impasse.

Red shirts going to jail, yellow shirts being acquitted.

All as expected.

What yellow shirts?

C'mon, like me, you didn't just get off the last banana boat. They're as real as redshirts, probably more so and a huge threat to democracy in Thailand.

seems to be a new tactic, just deny the continued existence of yellow shirts... some dupe tried that on me earlier this week...

That's right. Resort to childish bickering when it's clear your anti-democratic and elitist arguments don't cut it. Anyone that has grown up in a democratic society but still supports a military take-over of another democratic country don't deserve any respect.

All this "but, but, but...Thaksin" whining used to justify everything that's going on today is just idiotic. As is the labeling of everyone that is critical of the current administration as red shirts. Oz sure didn't lose a great thinker when you left (assuming you live here at all).

Isn't it just a tad hypocritical to accuse me of labeling you (which I did not) after you have called me a brown shirt. To wit "Thanks for showing us your brown shirt creds." And that is after blatantly lying about "A majority of the Thai population voted for the bogeyman in Dubai..."

So really I don't want or expect your respect, as you've never bothered in the past.

Having grown up in a real democracy, I recognise one when I see it, and I certainly didn't see it here. I saw a criminal buying the highest elected office by suborning corrupt MPs and then using the party list to appoint himself, family, unelectable scum like Chalerm, and other criminals. The ordinary people of Thailand put up with a lot of crap, but twice now they have risen up in outrage at Thaksin governments corruption. And all his propaganda artists can't conceal that they weren't "elite" or "amart" or "yellow shirts". Which is where we started, and you still have no answer for that.

I DO NOT label everybody critical of this current government as red shirts. They have made some mistakes, they suck at PR, Prayuth is hardly diplomatic. But until they are caught diverting funds or changing laws to benefit themselves like Thaksin governments, I will give them a go and defend them against mindless and baseless criticism such as you put out.

But until they are caught diverting funds or changing laws to benefit themselves like Thaksin governments, ...

I believe that the interim "constitution" with amnesty and article 44 would qualify in most reasonable people's opinions as "changing laws to benefit themselves".

Given the complete shutdown of any kind of investigative press, it will be some time before we find out about "diverting funds", ... Thailand had to wait until Sarit died, ... although appointing generals to the most "lucrative" ministry positions is one clue that the basics of Thai politics has not changed...

Isn't it just a tad hypocritical to accuse me of labeling you (which I did not) after you have called me a brown shirt. To wit "Thanks for showing us your brown shirt creds." And that is after blatantly lying about "A majority of the Thai population voted for the bogeyman in Dubai..."

So really I don't want or expect your respect, as you've never bothered in the past.

Having grown up in a real democracy, I recognise one when I see it, and I certainly didn't see it here. I saw a criminal buying the highest elected office by suborning corrupt MPs and then using the party list to appoint himself, family, unelectable scum like Chalerm, and other criminals. The ordinary people of Thailand put up with a lot of crap, but twice now they have risen up in outrage at Thaksin governments corruption. And all his propaganda artists can't conceal that they weren't "elite" or "amart" or "yellow shirts". Which is where we started, and you still have no answer for that.

I DO NOT label everybody critical of this current government as red shirts. They have made some mistakes, they suck at PR, Prayuth is hardly diplomatic. But until they are caught diverting funds or changing laws to benefit themselves like Thaksin governments, I will give them a go and defend them against mindless and baseless criticism such as you put out.

But until they are caught diverting funds or changing laws to benefit themselves like Thaksin governments, ...

I believe that the interim "constitution" with amnesty and article 44 would qualify in most reasonable people's opinions as "changing laws to benefit themselves".

Given the complete shutdown of any kind of investigative press, it will be some time before we find out about "diverting funds", ... Thailand had to wait until Sarit died, ... although appointing generals to the most "lucrative" ministry positions is one clue that the basics of Thai politics has not changed...

Snap!thumbsup.gif

Snap!thumbsup.gif

So, Abhisit, Suthep and Ong-Art acquitted of defamation charges.

Seems enough reason for some to continue with the mere suggestions that something must be wrong. No need to offer proof, or even strong circumstantial evidence. No, the fun of Social Media like TVF is that just 'wondering' is enough.

What deludes you to believe you are a reasonable person? While I'm no fan of article 44, especially in its latest application, it certainly doesn't have the stench of changing tax laws to defraud your nation of billions. Or of offering hugely expensive electoral bribes to ensure your re-election.

What deludes you to believe you are a reasonable person? While I'm no fan of article 44, especially in its latest application, it certainly doesn't have the stench of changing tax laws to defraud your nation of billions. Or of offering hugely expensive electoral bribes to ensure your re-election.

what "deludes" me into believing that *I* am a reasonable person is when I read comments like this one...

While I'm no fan of article 44, especially in its latest application, it certainly doesn't have the stench of changing tax laws to defraud your nation of billions. Or of offering hugely expensive electoral bribes to ensure your re-election.

coffee1.gif

You mean the article that says an unelected PM can do anything to anybody? And you're no fan?? WOW - what a concession!

I have to respect this decision as much as I had to respect Chalerm's defamation charges being dropped in January. As much as I had to respect Abhisits defamation suit against Jatuporn being dropped in December, 2014. Why? As Jatuporns criticism was "honestly made". I didn't agree with it, but the outcome must be accepted.

It is called respect for the law. A principle of democracy which we all cherish on TVF.

To question it or denounce goes against democratic values.

Well done to Ahbisit.

I have to respect this decision as much as I had to respect Chalerm's defamation charges being dropped in January. As much as I had to respect Abhisits defamation suit against Jatuporn being dropped in December, 2014. Why? As Jatuporns criticism was "honestly made". I didn't agree with it, but the outcome must be accepted.

It is called respect for the law. A principle of democracy which we all cherish on TVF.

Well done to Ahbisit.

cheesy.gif That's pretty rich coming from a cheerleader. If this was this written with a straight face then you are seriously delusional.

Well done to Ahbisit.

cheesy.gif That's pretty rich coming from a cheerleader. If this was this written with a straight face then you are seriously delusional.

The words "respect for the law" has hit a nerve it seems. Or is it just the word "respect"....For instance calling me delusional because we have differing opinions. This lack of respect is exactly what I was referring to and thankfully has been left in the political past of Thailand.

Thanks for inadvertently reinforcing my statement my friend.

It warms me to no end and in fact I take it as a a compliment that you focus on one sentence out of the whole statement. When looking at all the previous comments to this article there seems to be only one side that does not respect the law making your reply contradictory to what you are trying to imply.

Have a great day and rest assured even with differing opinions you still have my respect. I will not denounce you or belittle because of this differing opinion. That is part of democracy as well.

Defamation, defamation!!!!!!!!!!........ the FACE -Law

.............. the modern world is Laughing their a****** off about such a law, integrated for years to save the influential leaders' or famous personality's FACE cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Only in the land of smiles..... and no matter which political party is in power.... the nation is stuck in the FACE-laws