9 billion Baht trimmed off so far from 2016 budget

webfact

9 billion Baht trimmed off so far from 2016 budget

BANGKOK, 24 July 2015 (NNT) - The committee on the 2016 fiscal budget has so far trimmed off 9 billion baht from the budget allocation for 18 Ministries.

According to the budget committee spokesperson, Maj Gen Chatudom Titthasiri, budgets requested by 302 agencies of 18 Ministries account for 76 percent of the entire budget. So far the committee has been able to shave off 9.754 billion Baht from the initial numbers.

The committee will proceed to consider budget allocations for the Ministry of Interior, followed by non-ministry agencies and independent organizations.

Regarding the Ministry of Defense, Gen Chatudom disclosed that the committee had decided to increase the budget for the Ministry by 10 billion Baht as a result of an increase in compensation to its regular army personnel and ranger force. He, however, noted that the committee did not allocate any budget towards the Ministry’s planned purchasing of submarines in 2016.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-07-24 footer_n.gif

Is this 9.74b thb that could have been saved last year if not for the corruption?

One submarine down 2 more to go. I thought the government was in a expansionary mood because of the slowing economy not in a contraction mode. Do they get say 10 to 15% of what they shave off.?

Edited by elgordo38

"Regarding the Ministry of Defense, Gen Chatudom disclosed that the committee had decided to increase the budget for the Ministry by 10 billion Baht "

So no savings have been made at all.

Though, on the plus side, this should give them the money they need to pay for dance classes.

Edited by Bluespunk

Is this 9.74b thb that could have been saved last year if not for the corruption?

Did you not read?

9 billion was shaved off several ministry.

But 1 special ministry was allocated 10 billion more than normal budget.

Since there was money left over after the cuts.

So, 10 billion added to the 192 billion the MoD got 2014/2015. That's a little bit more that 5%. How about the other ministries. We need more info to be able to put all in perspective.

Did you not read?

It doesn't say they put that 9.74b to use in the defense ministry. That is only your assumption. The way I read it was that after the cuts and increase to the defense they still have an extra 9.74b .

Although given translations we could both be wrong heheeee....

I have fairly well consoled myself that info will not nor could not be forthcoming that could be used to put things into a perspective form of any recongizable standard that the rest of the world would be able to interpert. I base this opinion on news , press releases, statements made by those in authority of the people who are sent out to accomplish a task that they havn't a clue as to which end consumes the material, what material, information, etc is needed and which end is going to produce a shi..y result

The latter mentioned result seems about the only foregone give conclusion to the majority of their efforts that are expended

Edited by slapout

Very similar value to what the lady who posted on FB......... about a certain someone transfering to Singapore.......of course...it's just a coincedence...smile.png

On the other hand it could be said that the 9 billion baht shaved off the budget was real money requested and that figures were available, whereas the lady who posted on FB was merely mindlessly repeating something that she had heard on FB which as it is social media MUST have been true.

Now that isn't a coincidence unless somebody believes it and publishes it.

Did you not read?

I would shift 99% of interior to defense !

And would put the rotten RTP 100% under Military rule !!

And I would feel 1005 safer in LOS than now !!