Taking the wife out for a night out?

JT65

Yep

Had enough of the kids and we both need a good night out.

Problem is that we have no idea where to go.

When we lived here nearly 8 years ago we used to love a place called Hot Shots but apparently it got closed down. Back then it had live music and was quite fun. Another place in that era was a place called Gi Gi's but that seems to have been finished up as well.

We won't be eating out , just looking for a live music show and alcohol. Somewhere to relax and let our hair down ( well hers, I'm losing mine ).

Any good suggestions would be much appreciated.

Cheers

JT65

Gigi! Now that's some time ago.. ;)

Anyway, At some point in the evening I'd head over to the BoonYoo/Reggae Bar area. Gets very clubby later at night.

That's what I do with the Mrs.anyway. not as boring/yuppie-ish as Nimman and less sleazy than LK. Santitham also an option.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Thanks for the tip

We were heading down that way as we figured it would be our best bet due to so many options.

Will be sure to check this out.

What time does it usually get going?

about8-30 is a good time not too much later as they have a promotion on three big classic 100bht and even though they have about eighty tables the place gets full quick

The Thai Euro bar (Or is it the Euro Thai bar) in Anusarn night market has a good local band. They play a lot of heavy rock.....Guns and Roses, Led Zepplin, Pink Floyd, AC/DC etc. Quite entertaining show.

Worth a look and starts off around 830-9pm

Would be a great help if you tell us where you are, one mentioned Soi 7 so poss you are in Pattaya, if so great place on beach rd just past 777 seafood restaurant called "We are the World" great music group and singing and have a good dance.

Would be a great help if you tell us where you are, one mentioned Soi 7 so poss you are in Pattaya, if so great place on beach rd just past 777 seafood restaurant called "We are the World" great music group and singing and have a good dance.

Seeing as we are in the Chiang Mai forum, let's have guess where the OP is clap2.gif

Your a growth boy and can't figure out how to be romantic by now. Why involve drinks, how about an excursion, an adventure. Sex in the woods, under a waterfall, try mother nature not a BAR.

The guy wants a night out with the wife, away from the kids! They want to party. Guess you don't have a family facepalm.gif

I'm not local, but visited a couple of months ago, and the band in a bar off the night market near the Duang Ta Wan Hotel was the best!

It was an open restaurant/bar the right as you entered the market from the Duang Ta Wan side.

Excellent show. Think it stopped at midnight.

I'm not local, but visited a couple of months ago, and the band in a bar off the night market near the Duang Ta Wan Hotel was the best!

It was an open restaurant/bar the right as you entered the market from the Duang Ta Wan side.

Excellent show. Think it stopped at midnight.

Possibly the same band I mentioned in post No.8. Its to the left of OMalleys and about 5 or 6 doors along.

The lead singer gets right into the theme and most of the girls like him. It is a good show and they do pretty good renditions of covers. The GF and I go there whenever we get tired of the same ole at Zoe and other places. Beer prices are ok and food is alright..... not bad but nothing to rave about.