Torrents, adding old torrents to a new client for seeding.

Vogele123

I have been a member of a private torrent site for many years now, sadly, they are banning the use of my current client - Tixati.

The only option I have is to use uTorrent, however, I cannot seem to be able to transfer all of my current trackers to the new client.

My directory structure may be the problem not sure - Currently Tixati is set up to start saving new torrents to F:\Downloading, then once the torrent has completed it is set to move the completed folders to F:\Videos. All of the tracker (.torrent) files are located in F:\Trackers.

I have set up uTorrent exactly the same and tried double clicking a .torrent file which uTorrent loads but then starts redownloading.

I have tried "force recheck etc. but nothing seems to work, there are literally hundreds of torrents that I need to get back into seeding mode.

Anyone managed to get this to work, anyone give me a step by step help?

I have managed to reload seeds previously when I used to use uTorrent, I remember it was a bit fiddly, but I cannot remember all of the steps and I have never transferred torrents from one client to another.

Thanks in advance!

The usual way is to start the new client downloading, then stop the download.

Copy the completed files over the newly started download files, then force recheck.

When you re-start the download the client should do all the moving as if it had just completed the download.

The usual way is to start the new client downloading, then stop the download.

Copy the completed files over the newly started download files, then force recheck.

When you re-start the download the client should do all the moving as if it had just completed the download.

Crossy you are a bloody gem mate!

I have been on for hours trying to get it to Force Recheck etc. all to no avail - tried what you said and it works like a treat, Thanks a lot.

I successfuly moved a qbittorrent install from one linux OS to another with no issues, but same client software so understandably easier. Good to know this incase ever need to change client.

On that note... a certain tday site has just stopped downloading recently, can still login but no movement up or down. Anyone else having similar issues?

I found a slightly easier method as well, this was based on Crossy's idea. In uTorrent, set the download directory to the same directory that contains the completed videos, then reload the trackers, it does exactly the same thing. Once it has rechecked everything you can reset the directory back to how you want it.

I found a slightly easier method as well, this was based on Crossy's idea. In uTorrent, set the download directory to the same directory that contains the completed videos, then reload the trackers, it does exactly the same thing. Once it has rechecked everything you can reset the directory back to how you want it.

Do take care, a number of clients default to 'if file exists, overwrite' which, of course, kills the completed file (I have that T-shirt) :(

It's also worth setting so that new torrents don't start automagically, so you can do a re-check before anything gets downloaded.