So is now the time to go and buy some gold?

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eric Sprott: "The Powers That Be Don't Want To Admit There's A Problem"

any thoughts/opinions of your own or only those of others? coffee1.gif

Yes there is a lot of Disinformation out there

And I try to keep away from the negative people and there thoughts and try to keep an open mind on everything

I am and have invested in Gold and Silver and Land So well covered rolleyes.gif

Edited by gazzasore

It’s virtually impossible to get physical gold in London

My baseline is they [the Chinese] have been buying and the Indian have been buying in enormous quantities. It’s virtually impossible to get physical gold in London to ship to those countries. We get permanent requests from Russia, would we please sell our physical gold to India and China. Because there is no physical, only endless promises. And I really worry that the market, that paper market, could be stamped on and people will say “sorry we’ll have a financial close out”, and it’s all over.

https://www.bullionstar.com/blogs/koos-jansen/its-virtually-impossible-to-get-physical-gold-in-london/

That’s a shame for those who want it.

Maybe they should start charging a premium for the physical stuff? Because right now gold is at a five year low, and normally when something is in high demand, you increase the price.

Just saying…

That’s a shame for those who want it.

Maybe they should start charging a premium for the physical stuff? Because right now gold is at a five year low, and normally when something is in high demand, you increase the price.

Just saying…

that's a shame for those who believe the rubbish "impossible to get physical gold in London".

https://www.gold.co.uk/?gclid=CIzrl9fB9scCFVYVjgod0ggL5Q

https://www.bullionbypost.co.uk/gold-bars/?gclid=CMLs_urB9scCFUIqjgod0foNnw

An alternative way to buy physical bullion, and have it stored conveniently for you rather than taking delivery of it, is via a website which allows you to buy gold online. One of the best known is British firm BullionVault. It offers the option to buy gold which is held in vaults in Switzerland, London and New York. It conducts a daily independent audit of its holdings, and will also allow you to take physical delivery of your gold if you so wish. A similar service is offered by James Turk’s GoldMoney.

http://moneyweek.com/how-to-buy-gold-bullion-55811/

post-35218-0-98615000-1442233813_thumb.j

Gold - The Safe Haven Asset

which during the last 35 years hasn't generated a single copper penny of yield when inflation adjusted!

Which is why it is regarded as a safe haven. Over a period of time you are not likely to lose your investment but you certainly ain't gonna get rich quick.

I have a relatively small amount invested in gold, silver, platinum and paladium and I am a couple of grand down just now due to the recent downturn. Not many of the precious metal advocates on here admitting that.

You will notice that most of the people talking up gold and silver on youtube are gold and silver dealers and have a vested interest in talking up the market. $50,000 an ounce for golf and stuff like that.

I wish......

Gold - The Safe Haven Asset

which during the last 35 years hasn't generated a single copper penny of yield when inflation adjusted!

Which is why it is regarded as a safe haven. Over a period of time you are not likely to lose your investment but you certainly ain't gonna get rich quick.

I have a relatively small amount invested in gold, silver, platinum and paladium and I am a couple of grand down just now due to the recent downturn. Not many of the precious metal advocates on here admitting that.

You will notice that most of the people talking up gold and silver on youtube are gold and silver dealers and have a vested interest in talking up the market. $50,000 an ounce for golf and stuff like that.

I wish......

i totally disagree with your first paragraph but agree with and like your second and third paragraph.

You betcha. Buy lots of it.

but don't fly to London! i heard there is none for sale laugh.png

Don't fly to London hoping to find some gold somewhere just yet - investment guru Harry Dent says it's going down to $250 to $400 !!

Just kidding Goldbugs - had to slip 'Harrer' in somewhere :-)

You betcha. Buy lots of it.

but don't fly to London! i heard there is none for sale laugh.png

Don't fly to London hoping to find some gold somewhere just yet - investment guru Harry Dent says it's going down to $250 to $400 !!

but he talks about what happened based on history except there has never been a time in history when the kind of disaster he also talks about was accompanied with every country having just fiat currency? If they get too close to a deflationary situation they can just turn on the printing presses and print to infinity.

but he talks about what happened based on history except there has never been a time in history when the kind of disaster he also talks about was accompanied with every country having just fiat currency? If they get too close to a deflationary situation they can just turn on the printing presses and print to infinity.

However that hasn't worked, instead of causing inflation and boosting gold as expected, the bulk of the newly printed QE money seems to have found its way into the stock and bond markets.

Edited by suzannegoh

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

GOLD!

Omitting stocks, futures, EFTs etc, the Indians & Thais luv the stuff.

I have very little - a few rings & necklaces for Thai family.

A quality diamond - OK.

Emerald - same

Ruby - gave it to FIL

Cat's Eye - disaster.

UP? Prospects for the next 6 months?

DOWN? Same,same.

I wish ya a bit of luck!