Things that worries me the most about moving to Thailand some day

Phatbeets

I love the thunderstorms! Amazing. Plus I dont see much problem with the health system in Thailand. A full check up for £100 isn't bad.

We all have to die sometime anyway

Perhaps a bit off topic, but where do you get real fish fingers in Thailand?

I've had fish fingers in many countries.

Never had to fry any of them either thumbsup.gif .

Enjoyed every minute of it.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are a true German, member of the Master Race. Master of everything except your own mind. Really such stupid questions. Why would anyone take a wife to retire with in Thailand. Go on your own and have a different wife every night. Taking a wife to Thailand is like taking your own chocolates to a chocolate factory. Who wants to work in Bkk ? the pollution, the traffic the only reason to go to Bkk is the shopping certainly nothing else there. Beer drinking is overated. Get some class and drink wine, though its expensive in Thailand that should limit you to just a few drinks per nite. Too hot for wine you say ? No never, chilled red wine on ice is sooo much better than beer. Enjoy your retirement, best wishes from an old retired Englishman. PS You people bombed our fish n chip shop, (no hard feelings).

What a pathetic comment. Somebody asks a perfectly reasonable question about life in Thailand and you ridicule him. Based on your advice regarding your presumption regarding his marital fidelity, I am sure that given his profession he will have any repercussions following on from that matter covered. I suspect all this is sour grapes or wishful thinking on you part. Did your wife feed the ducks?. Yes Bangkok is polluted but there is far more to the city than that. There is excellent classical music, opportunities to discover Thai culture and music and Bangkok is one of the world's culinary centres. In Bangkok many women's social groups help women integrate into the expat and Thai community.As far as beer goes, the lighter lager/pilsner beers such as Heineken are perfectly suited to the climate Of course the thick warm heavy real ales are best left to the sleet and hail of rural England.

I also wonder what Baron Rothschild would say about adding ice to his fine products.

I think a more measured response would have been that generally it is very difficult to find employment in Thailand, however it is possible in certain areas where Thais don't possess the particular skills required for a position. In these cases support from your employer would help you find employment, especially if they are willing to employ you in your specialized capacity.

PS Sehr Schlect.are you sure you're not related to Basil Faulty

My observation -

Booze is a big problem for both Thai & Farang men.

But, it does not have to be.

Language is #1 problem for me.

Culture, visa, food - no problem.

It ain't the same as home. That is why we emigrated.

"Old, fat alcoholics."

Well, let's see. I'm 66, so I guess that fits in the "old" category.

Now, at l73cm and 63kg, don't think "fat" applies to me in any way, shape or form.

And I'm about as far from being an alcoholic as you can get, without being a complete "teatotaler".

Ok, I'm safe. lol

Almost 67, 176 cm, 62 kg approx., no alcohol, no pharma, immune against almost all tropical diseases, life expectancy another 30 years.

Many expats got healed here, Farang pharma made us sick.

If you want to learn about the role of pharma, I would advice you to work with some NGO first. And most important of all: learn from the locals in the country.

If your wife is German or French and you are moving here as a younger couple with limited money who need to work, have work permits and visas, etc. I'd say, "Forget it!" Most foreign couples who moved here that I know of either broke up within the first two years or moved back to their home country. Temptation will be all around you, and by experience, the ones who always state things like, "Me, never would I touch a Thai girl!", "I, paying for sex, are you craaaazzziiieeee?", "Never would I trade my Buttercup for one of those cheap Thai girls!" are the ones who go down in round one! You'll remember my words, some time in the future, sitting either drinking alone or with a pretty Thai babe sitting on your lap saying, "Yeah, that Blitzkrieg Bob guy was right after all!"

If you work here than it should be not a problem.no employer likes his staff pissed at work...though I limit myself to two beers on working days...off days- different story...

Btw you're either French or German...

To be honest cc with the way he uses English i am not sure he is German or a garlic eating surrender monkey
Couldnt have put that better if i tried....you made me wet my wife's panties!...er i mean my pants...

My company delivers large MES projects and process automation.

All those are doing business in Thailand and are or were our customers

Pfizer

Sanofi

GlaxoSmithKline

Merck and

Novartis

I worked and still work for 3 of those companies in long term projects.

I would not count on employment as a automatic option despite your credentials or connections. Even in very large private hospitals non Thai Doctors are as rare as hen's teeth now.

Nweever drrink dore 5 cloxks...

Which 5 oclock?

Because its possible to still be drinking at 4am, thats before 5 right?...only 2 beers though, oh and a good chunk of a bottle of Blend, the rest evaporates according to the Mrs...

OK lul at some of the lame answers I got. Good job guise this forum is already growing on me thumbsup.gif

My wife is Thai, my bad I forgot to specify that in the first place. Seriously I don't see the benefit of throwing away a marriage just for an affair with another Thai girl but whatever. iiwii I guess.

Im not a noob when I say I could find a job here I have researched it and have one or two connection that could help. No offense to Thai engineers but you need large knowledge in all manufacturing process

(e.g. Dispensing, Manufacturing pills or liquid drugs, Packaging, warehousing, interfaces with ERP or different third party system like LIMS or CAPA systems as well as with the machines on the automation layer)

and at least the 5 fallang companies I mentioned make big usage of external consultants.

Not really proud to work for one of the devil but there are other like banks, insurances, energy trading companies etc. and you need to win your money somewhere I guess.

Also I totally understand any peeps that refuse to be a big pharm pill addict.

"chilled red wine on ice" cracked me up most I believe - you have talent bro.

What else?

^

"work at A Pharmacy"

uh nah its not that at all.

And like I mentioned I would definitely try to get hired from here b4 moving.

Anyway can we get back on topic...

You find something else to do rather than drinking.

I neither drink by myself nor let my drinking get to the point I don't know what I am doing. When I do drink, I put down a good base of food.

If those things are difficult for you, do something which makes you want to stay sober.

I like to ride motorcycles; you are outside, but the breeze makes the heat tolerable. Perhaps, best of all, the riding takes your mind off the drink and the dangers of the Thai roads help you remember not to drink so much.

Another pleasant way to lay-off the booze; when you want to go out for a drink, have sex instead.

"Old, fat alcoholics."

Well, let's see. I'm 66, so I guess that fits in the "old" category.

Now, at l73cm and 63kg, don't think "fat" applies to me in any way, shape or form.

And I'm about as far from being an alcoholic as you can get, without being a complete "teatotaler".

Ok, I'm safe. lol

Almost 67, 176 cm, 62 kg approx., no alcohol, no pharma, immune against almost all tropical diseases, life expectancy another 30 years.

Many expats got healed here, Farang pharma made us sick.

If you want to learn about the role of pharma, I would advice you to work with some NGO first. And most important of all: learn from the locals in the country.

Sorry for trolling, my personal experience with German pharma is not your fault.

For working in Thailand, you would need a contract and a working permit. It is Thai politics (like German politics) that foreigners are only allowed to work if no local can do the job.

Alcohol should not be a real problem once you find out how bad booze actually taste and how silly it is to have a hangover every morning.

Thai ladies are a challenge of course, they are simply too beautiful to resist.

Anyway, once all the paperwork is done and you have a working permit, then of course Thailand might be a good country for you. You're young, and you can go back to Europe in case you don't like it.

Your situation is different from us old pensioners, so don't listen to us too much.

Archived