US: Phoenix police suspect husband of decapitating wife, 2 dogs

webfact

Police suspect husband of decapitating wife, 2 dogs

PHOENIX (AP) — A woman was found decapitated along with two dogs in a blood-soaked Phoenix apartment, and police said Sunday they suspect her husband, who was found naked and severely wounded, in the grisly attack.

Police responded Saturday morning after being tipped off by a neighbor, who said the man answered his front door nude with a severed left forearm, a missing eye and cuts on his chest.

The 43-year-old suspect hasn't been identified, but police say he will be charged in the slaying after he recovers from his wounds, which they believe were self-inflicted. He was in the hospital Sunday after undergoing surgery.

The victim, 49-year-old Trina Heisch, and the dogs were discovered in a bedroom closet, police spokesman Trent Crump said.

The couple have a history of mental illness, domestic violence and drug abuse, he said.

Family members told investigators the couple met at a mental health facility.

The suspect was arrested in 2003 after being accused of attempting to kill an unidentified family member.

Heisch was arrested in March after police said she tried to stab her husband.

aplogo.jpg
-- (c) Associated Press 2015-07-27

"The 43-year-old suspect hasn't been identified, but police say he will be charged in the slaying after he recovers from his wounds, which they believe were self-inflicted. He was in the hospital Sunday after undergoing surgery."

"The suspect was arrested in 2003 after being accused of attempting to kill an unidentified family member."

So, they know he is 43 years old, they know he was arrested in 2003, but he has not been identified? I find that very hard to believe. facepalm.gifcrazy.gifwacko.pngcoffee1.gif

This sounds more like Thai reporting, than American reporting. cheesy.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gif

Edited by Traveling Sailor

"The 43-year-old suspect hasn't been identified, but police say he will be charged in the slaying after he recovers from his wounds, which they believe were self-inflicted. He was in the hospital Sunday after undergoing surgery."

"The suspect was arrested in 2003 after being accused of attempting to kill an unidentified family member."

So, they know he is 43 years old, they know he was arrested in 2003, but he has not been identified? I find that very hard to believe. facepalm.gifcrazy.gifwacko.pngcoffee1.gif

This sounds more like Thai reporting, than American reporting. cheesy.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gif

See. Same same but different. ☺

Rest assured the police will know who he is.

They haven't identified him publicly, yet, for some reason.

Rest assured the police will know who he is.

They haven't identified him publicly, yet, for some reason.

I would guess because they are never going to get a conviction and probably won't even try.

My guess is that he will be involuntarily incarcerated in a mental health facility for a very, very long time.

As such, he is a patient and is entitled to privacy.

"his wounds, which they believe were self-inflicted...........

Heisch was arrested in March after police said she tried to stab her husband."

Could be she tried again and he reacted rather more forcefully.

How can you sever your arm AND cut out an eye?

Dang...I thought I had a dysfunctional marriage...this story beats my being chased around the room by an irate female wielding a butcher knife...

I am proud to say that I managed to remove the knife from her hand without either of us sustaining any damage...whereupon...she reached back into the drawer and pulled out another knife...wai2.gif

Dang...I thought I had a dysfunctional marriage...this story beats my being chased around the room by an irate female wielding a butcher knife...

I am proud to say that I managed to remove the knife from her hand without either of us sustaining any damage...whereupon...she reached back into the drawer and pulled out another knife...wai2.gif

But this truly was a marriage made in .... hell:

Family members told investigators the couple met at a mental health facility.

He was not identified to the press bimbo.