Soldiers remove Thaksin birthday wish banner in Phrae

webfact

forget about it Thailand .... move on !!

Well said !

Thailand will move on as soon as the people have an opportunity to express their will in elections free from gun barrels or coercion .

As supported by the majority of Thailand ... most agree that Thailand is far better off now under the Military than it was before the takeover.

At least there is some form of stability now ... before it was just kaos ...

Now there is control, which was needed to stop the unruly lawlessness and thuggery that existed when the red shirts were making trouble.

Thailand is far better now than before , and if you cannot see that then you need to see an eye doctor...

coffee1.gif I like many .... hope Prime Minister Prayuth stays in for a very long time .... he's the only one who can get this country back on it's feet.

As supported by the majority of Thailand ... most agree that Thailand is far better off now under the Military than it was before the takeover.

and how would you know that to be true? poll results from the happiness folks over at Master Poll? cheesy.gif

Come on, the only people who think the country is better off under military rule are the ones cheering for the "intervention" in the first place. They're happy as pigs in a poke...

But you might recall that they are the minority... which is the reason that the Generals are their only path to power... They do not represent the majority of Thailand...

I, like many, hope that the army are thrown out of politics forever so that Thailand can become a normal country and live up to it's potential...

quote "But you might recall that they are the minority... which is the reason that the Generals are their only path to power... They do not represent the majority of Thailand..."

And how would YOU know that is true either?

I, like many, hope that the Shinawatras will be thrown out from politics so that Thailand can become a normal country and live up to it's potential...

My words are the same as yours but from the opposite point of view.

Ask yourself if it really matters what you, I or anybody else who is not Thai thinks when posting here.

The Thais will do what they will do and there is nothing we can do to stop or change that.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"The fabric banner carrying a message written in red paint reads July 26, wish Thaksin lives several ten thousand years.

Typical PT nonsense. Their promises, policies and wishes take no note of reality.

Typical PT nonsense. Their promises, policies and wishes take no note of reality

Same as Typical Democrat nonsense. Their promises, policies and wishes take no note of reality.

The reason Dems in Thailand have not won an election in more than 20 years.

Only the barrels of an armed coup guarantees them ascent to power, not the will of the people.

I am not enamored of PT historical performance. I am not a cheerleader for the Dems either.

Remember, Pleak Phibunsongkhram, Sarit, 2006, et all? Same, same only different times for the dysfunctional semi-feudal patronage system and events.

One good aspect of Thainess is the patient endurance of the people to wait until the balance of power is restored to a quasi-democracy to then express their will.

Note to Anti-PTnistas: Please, flame me with valid, rational, factual arguments. Name calling and taking the thread ad hominem only shows lack of intellectual.prowess.

"I am not a cheerleader for the Dems either."

A pity! Thai social, economic and democratic development in the 90s (under the dems) culminated in the new constitution -97 and universal healthcare etc a bit later.

Development was unfortunately halted by Thaksins quest for divinity early 2000s.

"The fabric banner carrying a message written in red paint reads July 26, wish Thaksin lives several ten thousand years.

Typical PT nonsense. Their promises, policies and wishes take no note of reality.

Typical PT nonsense. Their promises, policies and wishes take no note of reality

Same as Typical Democrat nonsense. Their promises, policies and wishes take no note of reality.

Only the barrels of an armed coup guarantees them ascent to power, not the will of the people.

I am not enamored of PT historical performance. I am not a cheerleader for the Dems either.

Remember, Pleak Phibunsongkhram, Sarit, 2006, et all? Same, same only different times for the dysfunctional semi-feudal patronage system and events.

One good aspect of Thainess is the patient endurance of the people to wait until the balance of power is restored to a quasi-democracy to then express their will.

Note to Anti-PTnistas: Please, flame me with valid, rational, factual arguments. Name calling and taking the thread ad hominem only shows lack of intellectual.prowess.

PT promises the earth and delivers nothing that does not benefit their faction of the elite.

Things to remember, I remember the bloodbath that was the war on drugs.

I remember the tak bai incident and all that has followed.

I remember the farmers not being paid and the near collapse of the rice industry.

I remember the abuse of parliamentary procedure to forward PT's benefactors agenda.

I remember the storm troopers of UDD and their violent intimidation of the lords and ladies of misrule opponents.

What are you saying? You have a good memory. Nice to remember what you want to remember. P.S Dont use the word ELITE when taking about PT. Got it?

PT promises the earth and delivers nothing that does not benefit their faction of the elite.

Things to remember, I remember the bloodbath that was the war on drugs.

I remember the tak bai incident and all that has followed.

I remember the farmers not being paid and the near collapse of the rice industry.

I remember the abuse of parliamentary procedure to forward PT's benefactors agenda.

I remember the storm troopers of UDD and their violent intimidation of the lords and ladies of misrule opponents.

What are you saying? You have a good memory. Nice to remember what you want to remember. P.S Dont use the word ELITE when taking about PT. Got it?

I made a sarcastic comment on the birthday banner put up and someone took issue with that so I made clear why I hold thaksin and PT in utter contempt.

P.S. if you think PT and their leadership are not part if the elite you are in denial. They are as much a part of the elite as any other political party.

Oh Blue spunk is that faction or fraction?

Use my user name properly if you want to discuss anything with me

P.S. consult with others before attempting humour as you are not very good at it.

Edited by Bluespunk

Well said !

Thailand will move on as soon as the people have an opportunity to express their will in elections free from gun barrels or coercion .

At least there is some form of stability now ... before it was just kaos ...

Now there is control, which was needed to stop the unruly lawlessness and thuggery that existed when the red shirts were making trouble.

Thailand is far better now than before , and if you cannot see that then you need to see an eye doctor...

coffee1.gif I like many .... hope Prime Minister Prayuth stays in for a very long time .... he's the only one who can get this country back on it's feet.

and how would you know that to be true? poll results from the happiness folks over at Master Poll? cheesy.gif

Come on, the only people who think the country is better off under military rule are the ones cheering for the "intervention" in the first place. They're happy as pigs in a poke...

But you might recall that they are the minority... which is the reason that the Generals are their only path to power... They do not represent the majority of Thailand...

I, like many, hope that the army are thrown out of politics forever so that Thailand can become a normal country and live up to it's potential...

quote "But you might recall that they are the minority... which is the reason that the Generals are their only path to power... They do not represent the majority of Thailand..."

I, like many, hope that the Shinawatras will be thrown out from politics so that Thailand can become a normal country and live up to it's potential...

Ask yourself if it really matters what you, I or anybody else who is not Thai thinks when posting here.

The Thais will do what they will do and there is nothing we can do to stop or change that.

come on, you're not that slow are you???

the way that I know that is by looking at the election results for the last 20 years.

coffee1.gif

................."Ask yourself if it really matters what you, I or anybody else who is not Thai thinks when posting here."...........................

Bill, what really matters to him is that he posts as many anti-junta posts as possible. He only posts in topics that are political, never posts in any other topics. Not quite sure who he is targeting with his anti-junta / pro-Shin propaganda.

Not sure why the soldiers bothered taking the banner down, but it would be more a case of dislike of the birthday boy, rather than fear of him.

If they had of ignored the banner it would not have made the news.

Uh, maybe I'm just dense, but is it now illegal to wish someone Happy Birthday? What law did they break?

Maybe you are and the law is called, martial law, still selectively enforced in CM Province.

the way that I know that is by looking at the election results for the last 20 years.

coffee1.gif

Right , look at the election results for the last 20 years, look a yourself screaming for an election, and look how many Thais care enough to express an opinion, let alone get off their bum to protest. One of these days you will work out that the vast majority just want to get on with making a buck and living their lives.

Good question Thaksin!......the might of the ultra powerful elite...the RTA...the RTP.......they're totally sh*t scared of him!

However bad..or good he has been or done....I don't get it!!

They're sh*t scared of the fact that he has the support of the people.

Let's be frank. There's a major change coming. This bunch need to be in power when it happens, That way they reckon they are guaranteed to stay in power (that's where the analogy of the Thousand Year Reich really fits in). If the people have a say the risk that they lose power is too great. The stakes are as high as they get.

Do you nutters seriously think there is going to be some kind of red-shirt revolution in Thailand ?. You should take more of those meds.

Let me explain it to you : the revolution is happening now. Reforms are being written which will stop the Parliament full of dirty cronies who systematically rape the country with corruption from happening again in the future.

Face it: Your style of 'dirty third world Asian country' is going out of date fast. You and your political heroes are dinosaurs who belong back in the time when some people thought communism was a good idea. People are getting educated to get jobs where they earn money, not steal it through corruption. The number of these people will increase whereas people like you will gradually disappear.

You can't stop the world moving forwards.

forget about it Thailand .... move on !!

Well said !

Well at least the gun barrels and coercion have gone for the time being.

Good question Thaksin!......the might of the ultra powerful elite...the RTA...the RTP.......they're totally sh*t scared of him!

Let's be frank. There's a major change coming. This bunch need to be in power when it happens, That way they reckon they are guaranteed to stay in power (that's where the analogy of the Thousand Year Reich really fits in). If the people have a say the risk that they lose power is too great. The stakes are as high as they get.

Do you nutters seriously think there is going to be some kind of red-shirt revolution in Thailand ?. You should take more of those meds.

Let me explain it to you : the revolution is happening now. Reforms are being written which will stop the Parliament full of dirty cronies who systematically rape the country with corruption from happening again in the future.

Face it: Your style of 'dirty third world Asian country' is going out of date fast. You and your political heroes are dinosaurs who belong back in the time when some people thought communism was a good idea. People are getting educated to get jobs where they earn money, not steal it through corruption. The number of these people will increase whereas people like you will gradually disappear.

Don't get your hopes up. History has a bad habit of repeating itself.

Yeah! The modernity that was typical of the 50's from the current gouvernement contrasts with former dinosaurs! :)

................."Ask yourself if it really matters what you, I or anybody else who is not Thai thinks when posting here."...........................

Bill, what really matters to him is that he posts as many anti-junta posts as possible. He only posts in topics that are political, never posts in any other topics. Not quite sure who he is targeting with his anti-junta / pro-Shin propaganda.

Not sure why the soldiers bothered taking the banner down, but it would be more a case of dislike of the birthday boy, rather than fear of him.

If they had of ignored the banner it would not have made the news.

pro-shin, ... cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

coffee1.gif

Right , look at the election results for the last 20 years, look a yourself screaming for an election, and look how many Thais care enough to express an opinion, let alone get off their bum to protest. One of these days you will work out that the vast majority just want to get on with making a buck and living their lives.

as usual, you completely missed the point and then make a misinformed comment. Good job.

10,000 year Reich,thats even more than Hitler asked for,

and look what happen to him.

regards Worgeordie

is there some tenuous connection between Thaksin and Hitler's Reich in your mind wg?

Aren't Hitler signs are allowed in Thailand?

Yes.

article-1221495-06E06046000005DC-698_634

coffee1.gif

Well done, good comment, oops but isn't that the same for most democratic countries. I remember in the UK a government getting in power with less than 40% of the vote with less than 60% of the people entitled to vote actually voting. Thailand should as part of the reform, make it a legal requirement to vote.

The '10,000 years' is referencing Glorious Leader Thaksin to Chairman Mao who we were told would also live this long:

post-193944-0-41842900-1438002736_thumb.

10,000 year Reich,thats even more than Hitler asked for,

and look what happen to him.

regards Worgeordie

is there some tenuous connection between Thaksin and Hitler's Reich in your mind wg?

Aren't Hitler signs are allowed in Thailand?

So are KFC signs. What has that got to do with Thaksin?