Over 50 Underage Drinkers Found in Pub

khwaibah

July 27, 2015

CityNews – Following new rulings by the Junta that pubs and clubs that are less than 300 metres away from an educational institution, the military and police began crackdowns in the Chang Klan area, finding one pub with over 50 underage drinkers being served.

underage-drinking-1024x768.jpg

http://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/news/over-50-underage-drinkers-found-in-pub/

That raid should have had a camera crew on duty just to record the number who escaped, and the number of police required to round up and hold 50 of the little butt heads.. I reckon the police caught their quota at the single club and did not search any further.

Expect more of these raids in the next few weeks to show how vital these new rules are.

Expect more anti booze ramblings from the Thai Visa Morality 'police' too as 'Tee Rak' slams their pensions in her pocket to give to 'her brotherwink.png ' before they are allowed to even think about a beer....

Expect more of these raids in the next few weeks to show how vital these new rules are.

Expect more anti booze ramblings from the Thai Visa Morality 'police' too as 'Tee Rak' slams their pensions in her pocket to give to 'her brotherwink.png ' before they are allowed to even think about a beer....

huh??? what planet are you on?

Let me get this right. As a minor if your rob multiple people of mobiles, laptops, violently assault someone, deal in yabba, involved in a gang fracas ...your photo gets pixilated or you get to wear a balaclava.in your police media shot....but if you are out with friends causing no problems but underage in a bar you get rounded up and a clean head shot in the media???

I notice that CM108 had a few more photos, and did manage to obscure the identity of the minor master criminals. Maybe Chiang Mai City News should consider the same?

http://www.cm108.com/bbb-pic/test10/uploads/monthly_07_2015/post-1-0-47339100-1437893576.jpg

http://www.cm108.com/bbb-pic/test10/uploads/monthly_07_2015/post-1-0-47734100-1437893300.jpg

Most people in Chiang Mai know where under-age or late-night drinking goes on, as well as any other illegal activities such as gambling, and see these little shows of force for what they are, a sham. Since anyone operating illegally is paying the boys in brown it wouldn't be difficult to solve any of these so-called problems if they really wanted, assuming they could tolerate the financial loss. Every now and then they introduce some sort of blanket ban and present photos like this to show that they're doing something about it. It may be a bit different during martial law but generally this is what happens.

Having said that, bit by bit the rules are beginning to stick, such as no smoking and no advertising alcohol.

Edited by Chiengmaijoe

This is Thailand isn't it?

One cannot built over 4 floors inside 300 m of a temple or courthouse, right?

Watch the construction of the condo building going higher by the minute next to the temple and courthouse on the super highway / cm-doi saket crossing.

Wife thinks a few officials won a huge lottery price.

if they want to drink someone will serve them somewhere. We all did it at their age!

The 300 meter just means they will drive a vehicle to go to a farther area, and they will drive back later.

I see this law accomplishing nothing, Stop the sales to under aged persons.

Hide the cigarettes didn't work either!

Most people in Chiang Mai know where under-age or late-night drinking goes on, as well as any other illegal activities such as gambling, and see these little shows of force for what they are, a sham. Since anyone operating illegally is paying the boys in brown it wouldn't be difficult to solve any of these so-called problems if they really wanted, assuming they could tolerate the financial loss. Every now and then they introduce some sort of blanket ban and present photos like this to show that they're doing something about it. It may be a bit different during martial law but generally this is what happens.

Having said that, bit by bit the rules are beginning to stick, such as no smoking and no advertising alcohol.

Not most people, but certainly many people.

Down my way many of the locals know where the junkies hang out, where the drunks hang out and so on. This is the same the world over.

One main reason why I love this present government, is as I have said many times; these are leaders of action and not just hollow threats, they really do have teeth and they`ll bite if necessary.

As has been the case in the USA, Europe and the UK for decades, the burdens of running clean legal establishments is being placed on the owners, meaning the owners will have to take off their blindfolds, show more initiative in the running of their businesses, be on the scene more often and start overseeing their staff and customers. Or in other words, work harder for their money, because the business owners have had it too easy for too long, the days of flaunting the laws and making pay-offs so they can continue flaunting the laws are nearing an end, and for those who can`t hack running businesses strictly as imposed under the laws, will go down the tube.

But on the other hand, who would be insane enough to consider going into the Chiang Mai hospitality business in these uncertain times? When owners can be whacked out of business at the stroke of a pen? Not me, that`s for sure, because thank Buddha, I`m not that desperate.

Edited by Beetlejuice

Down my way many of the locals know where the junkies hang out, where the drunks hang out and so on. This is the same the world over.

One main reason why I love this present government, is as I have said many times; these are leaders of action and not just hollow threats, they really do have teeth and they`ll bite if necessary.

As has been the case in the USA, Europe and the UK for decades, the burdens of running clean legal establishments is being placed on the owners, meaning the owners will have to take off their blindfolds, show more initiative in the running of their businesses, be on the scene more often and start overseeing their staff and customers. Or in other words, work harder for their money, because the business owners have had it too easy for too long, the days of flaunting the laws and making pay-offs so they can continue flaunting the laws are nearing an end, and for those who can`t hack running businesses strictly as imposed under the laws, will go down the tube.

But on the other hand, who would be insane enough to consider going into the Chiang Mai hospitality business in these uncertain times? When owners can be whacked out of business at the stroke of a pen? Not me, that`s for sure, because thank Buddha, I`m not that desperate.

These are ridiculously small fry in the scheme of things.

Makes good publicity though.

When and only when the big guys on BOTH sides get theirs should the cheering begin.

BTW

So are you calling everyone in the hospitality business desperate?

Your third line about the "...present government..." and its "...leaders of action and not just hollow threats..." is spot on and perceptive.

This is the cleanest government since Anand Panyarachun was PM in the early '90s.

Your last line is hogwash.

You seem to be on a personal crusade to kill off whatever nightlife still exists in Chiang Mai. It's an obsession that you return to in post after post.

Yes, there are clip-joints and other abuses, but let the Thais settle things in their own way... or not at all. We don't need self-righteous vigilantes who would close down the whole scene.

I thought the Mayflower and the pilgrims landed in America.

post-240734-0-87637800-1438059709_thumb.

post-240734-0-69356900-1438059745_thumb.

Your third line about the "...present government..." and its "...leaders of action and not just hollow threats..." is spot on and perceptive.

This is the cleanest government since Anand Panyarachun was PM in the early '90s.

You don't think that's anything to do with perception then? You know, a certain someone:

“We’ll probably just execute them,” said *******, without a trace of a smile, when asked by reporters how the government would deal with those who do not adhere to the official line.

blink.png

Mind boggling how long some of you have lived here, and what you think this is about...

The fact that you are not going to enlighten us is not mind-boggling.

To be honest, I pretty much agree with your post. I believe all of this is just a show of being well intentioned.. 'We're gonna clean up this place, once and for all.' While the things that are actually important to everyday life, the real corruption, is business as usual.