Cable management

Cloggie

In a few weeks we will move to a new office. I have seen it and I was very surprised to see no network and no telephone connection whatsoever...

Basically I have 4 walls, 2 floors and a roof but NO power, telephone or internet...

It's a 15 * 20 meter office ( two floors) with only 2 power sockets at each floor and I need to put in at least 10 desks with telephone, computer, monitor, local printers, network printers, faxes etc... at each floor.

Minimum requirement : 5 power outlets, 1 telephone, 1 network connection per user

As I have been told it must look professional I look for the following cable management conduit - see attachment.

Somebody can point me in the right direction where I can buy something like this or similar.

Thanks for your help.

post-83687-0-90812900-1438066007_thumb.j

post-83687-0-69087800-1438066017_thumb.j

wifi for network?

I heard Edison was working on delivering electrical wirelessly. I wonder how that's coming along.

I was going to suggest IP Phones, but they need power.

Cloggie,

Do you have any nice new businesses nearby that have installed powered/cabled cubicles? They should be able to recommend a source.

Getting a good design/installer company (that also has certified electricians) is always a challenge.

Are you looking to install yourself or hire someone?

If the latter would suggest aiming sights lower and find an electrician who can do it and let them suggest the trunking they can work with.

Cant think offhand of many places with that quality trunking...most is just rectangle trunk and boxes on the end.

Spoke with one company a while back, in the village on suk, seemed good and that line of stuff but never checked it out.

Wifi, maybe router in client mode per table would help on net and phones and limit the amount of cabling.

wifi for network?

Difficult because walls and floors are too thick

Wifi would not be difficult at all for wireless devices. Wireless Router on floor where cable comes into building and wireless access point on the other floor.

wifi for network?

Difficult because walls and floors are too thick

Wifi would not be difficult at all for wireless devices. Wireless Router on floor where cable comes into building and wireless access point on the other floor.

You could install some of these on the ceiling in choice locations; connect via Ethernet cable, power with POE

160.jpg

I prefer not to install a wireless network when I have 30 desktop PC's in the office, besides that I then also need to buy 30 wireless network cards...

In general I just look for a company that can install a professional network with 220V, CAT6 and telephone cables in cable trays (220V separated from CAT6 and telephone) - see pictures post

I prefer not to install a wireless network when I have 30 desktop PC's in the office, besides that I then also need to buy 30 wireless network cards...

In general I just look for a company that can install a professional network with 220V, CAT6 and telephone cables in cable trays (220V separated from CAT6 and telephone) - see pictures post

Yes understand wireless for desktops is not the way to go. I was just putting out your wireless options.