'Darkie' Monk arrested for lying his amulets are magical

Lite Beer

'Darkie' Monk arrested for lying his amulets are magical
By Coconuts

leklai.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A magic monk who goes by the name "Phra Darkie" was arrested today after locals who worship his amulets discovered they are in fact not magical.

Phra Darkie or Pichit Namkhot, 50, was arrested in front of a monastic center in Maha Sarakham province today and charged with fraud after several people reported being swindled into buying his amulets.

While locals did not dare to file a complaint, police began looking into the case and found out Phra Darkie had used money from his worshippers to buy three cars for his personal use,.

Read More: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/07/28/darkie-monk-arrested-lying-his-amulets-are-magical

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-07-28

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Phra Darkie reportedly claimed his magic powers can transform stones into Lek Lai, an expensive and much-sought amulet. Lek Lai are believed to protect owners from knives, bullets and even bombs.

Somehow, the locals determined Darkies the amulets couldnt magic away any of those."

So they are upset because his amulets did not live up to the BS claims he sold them under and turn into another amulet that has alleged properties that are of equal if not more BS.

Just when you thought the world couldn't get any stranger it does.

Edited by Bluespunk

He should fit in quite well with others in various sites scattered throughout the country who collect money for the sage advice they hand out as well as encourgaging those who contribute to their slush fund and / or buy special widgets which they happen to have on hand, you will achieve fortune and good luck.

You know, the more I think about this (and I wish I wasn't) has he actually committed a crime?

He said his amulets will turn into something that turns away bullets.

This is clearly BS and impossible.

Any test of such an amulet would prove this and result in death or serious injury for the idiot who thinks it will stop bullets.

The same would happen with these amulets.

Therefore they are the real thing.

Edited by Bluespunk

There is one foolproof way to test his claims. Give him the option of standing in front of a firing squad wearing one of his amulets. If he is unhurt, he goes free. If not, Som Nam Na. The only problem would be finding enough police / soldiers who can shoot straight.

Edited by bangkokfrog

"Phra Darkie reportedly claimed his magic powers can transform stones into Lek Lai, an expensive and much-sought amulet. Lek Lai are believed to protect owners from knives, bullets and even bombs.

Somehow, the locals determined Darkies the amulets couldnt magic away any of those."

So they are upset because his amulets did not live up to the BS claims he sold them under and turn into another amulet that has alleged properties that are of equal if not more BS.

Just when you thought the world couldn't get any stranger it does.

It's disgusting a monk could abuse his position like this and profit nicely thanks very much and it's sad he, and others, have a ready made audience more than willing to believe the BS. Says so much doesn't it ?

Mine work fine. When I wear them, the in-laws stay away and do not beg for money. clap2.gif

You are going to be swamped by PMs from members asking where you got them. giggle.gif

A nice earner on the horizon if you act as middleman.

There is one foolproof way to test his claims. Give him the option of standing in front of a firing squad wearing one of his amulets. If he is unhurt, he goes free. If not, Som Nam Na. The only problem would be finding enough police / soldiers who can shoot straight.

Given that the ASEAN community is all about co-operation perhaps the Thai's can ask the Indonesians to send over one of their squads from Nusakambangan.

Mine work fine. When I wear them, the in-laws stay away and do not beg for money. clap2.gif

You are going to be swamped by PMs from members asking where you got them. giggle.gif

Or swamped by PMs begging for money....just to prove they don"t work.

Or swamped by PMs begging for money....just to prove they don"t work.

Would take some major juju to stop Thai families begging / demanding / looking for money.

I doubt anything available is that powerful.

In fact not magical....... This should make a great court case

I think people "somehow found out that they were not magical" has more to do with outrage at him buying the THIRD car. The first two were OK.

His argument against the amulets not working will be that the people for whom the magic did not work had bad karma. "You only have to look at all the people for whom the magic DID work....see, he's never been stabbed since he gave me 20 000 baht."

How many more stories must we hear about corruption in the Monkhood before the Government starts a crackdown. I know Thais are gullible and believe in magic but my blood boils every time I pass a Wat dripping with gold surrounded by poor people. Why don't Thais start a Twitter/FB campaign to stir this hornets nest of corruption?

Monks never -

tell lies

cheat

crave for material possessions

have sex

obsess with smartphones

eat KFC

overeat - never seen a fat monk

They seek enlightenment & serve the community!

Not much difference to farang 'good luck charms' pilots and soldiers carry with them, if one is stupid enough to pay a lot of money for a magical charm it's down to you, the monk made some money with the stupidity of others, it's not morally correct considering his position but hardly criminal, he robbed nobody, they robbed themselves, ask the banksters and fund managers how it works.

Not much difference to farang 'good luck charms' pilots and soldiers carry with them, if one is stupid enough to pay a lot of money for a magical charm it's down to you, the monk made some money with the stupidity of others, it's not morally correct considering his position but hardly criminal, he robbed nobody, they robbed themselves, ask the banksters and fund managers how it works.

wrong.

He made a promise that the magic will work.

If you lie about a product, you are committing fraud. If he had provisos or qualifications with each sale, such as "might not work for all people" or "fund growth depends on market forces", then he is in the clear...but somehow I don't think he did that.