work permit for thailand

The company will have to meet the requirements to apply for work permit. It will require 4 Thai employees, 2 million baht registered capital, summital of tax records and etc.

After the application is done she would then need to get a non-o visa to have the work permit issued and start working.

Then to get an extension of stay she will need to be paid a salary of 25,000 baht.

I her job qualifies for the migrant worker scheme the requirements to get the work and etc would not be the same and she would get a non-la visa.

The company does not get her a wp, they do arrange the papers for her to get it thou and if the company has an agent/HR personal they will help

an than the fun begins

1st point ur gf can ONLY get a non B visa single entry in Cambodia - my gf is heading over monday to get hers after having held a non B 1 year visa for the past 3 years which had always been issued in Penang BUT as of Feb they are not allowed to anymore

than she needs to have it extended in country

If u want go the L-A non immigrant visa route find an agent in Cambodia to assist.

Edited by phuketrichard

Thanks for all the helpful replies. My gf is only going to work in a hotel/ restaurant and they said you have a job if you can get a w/p.

She has enquired in Phnom P and an agent there now says she needs a letter of a job offer and a bank acc with money in it.

Will try to get a w/p here, through an agent when she gets back here on a 2 month tourist visa.

Regulations for Cambodians are different than for Westerners. She could be hired as manual or seasonal worker. If the hotel does this kind of hiring legally they know how that is done, otherwise they are having people working illegally while promising the paperwork to be done. Dishonest employers even skim tax and social payments.

Also be aware of agents, because even if there are no possibilities of a legal visa and work permit they will still try to extract money.

Edited by paz

The company does not get her a wp, they do arrange the papers for her to get it thou and if the company has an agent/HR personal they will help

an than the fun begins

1st point ur gf can ONLY get a non B visa single entry in Cambodia - my gf is heading over monday to get hers after having held a non B 1 year visa for the past 3 years which had always been issued in Penang BUT as of Feb they are not allowed to anymore

than she needs to have it extended in country

If u want go the L-A non immigrant visa route find an agent in Cambodia to assist.

What is the L-A non immigrant Visa? My gf has been coming over for years on a 2 month tourist visa, and now she wants to get a job.

We will be going back to (PP) in November if a w/p is not possible in Thailand.

here is about L-A visa;

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/277986-registration-for-illegal-burmese-lao-and-cambodian-migrant-workers/

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/658830-burmese-people-working-in-thailand/

I couldn't make it work casue my gf has already had a wp and valid passport

this is the PP thai info;http://www.thaiembassy.org/phnompenh/th/services/1435/21865-Non-Immigrant-Visa-B.html

PP will issue a single entry non B with the correct docs and a support/intro letter, no bank account needed.

so she needs to get her employer to write that she will be hired and start the process for a wp she will get the letter from the labor dept and than

the letter of support an company docs.

Use an agent in PP, the one i am using is charging $99 ( the visa is really $80)

takes three days,

Cambodians are the same as any non thai as far as wp goes UNLESS she goes the L-A visa route ( she needs show being paid 25,000 baht/month) and need pay

Social fund each month ( insurance ) as well

Than after 2 months we need go in and sart the process to get a 1 year EXTENSION>