NBTC: digital TV broadcasters will not need to close down

webfact

NBTC: digital TV broadcasters will not need to close down

BANGKOK, 29 July 2015 (NNT) – The National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission (NBTC) has expressed its belief that there is no need for digital TV broadcasters to close down, as their viewership continues to grow.

NBTC secretary-general Takorn Tantasit revealed on Tuesday that the number of viewers of digital TV channels has risen to 1.6 million per minute. Total income from advertisements on all 21 channels is expected to average 197 million baht per month this year, which would be a three-fold increase from last year's monthly average of 63 million baht.

Mr. Takorn noted that the income of each broadcaster depended on whether the content they provided was interesting and whether they were able to tailor their programming to target viewer groups. According to him, it would be easier for a channel to gain consumer recognition if these conditions were met.

Meanwhile, broadcasters have noted a change in consumer behavior, with the majority of viewers only listening to the TV program and no longer paying attention to the images on the TV screen. The broadcasters also noted that new players in the field would need time to build up their viewership and income base.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-07-29 footer_n.gif

Sure that is why you turn on the TV to "Listen" to the TV without viewing the images blink.png

What a ridiculous statement Why have TV then vs Radio

You listen to the Radio and View the TV I may as well have an aquarium Screen saver on my TV with just audio coming through

A statement like that really puts a lot of Faith in secretary-general Takorn Tantasit cheesy.gif

And people ask why there is a political problem in Thailand. With leaders like this ?

Honestly I cant bear to watch the stupid antics by Thai shows

Its so bad that I banned all Thai soapies and other nonsense (any show that had men dress as women and had sound effects added for the punch lines... That went out in the 70's)

I lifted the ban on Thai TV a while back and the response was.... My Thai wife now thinks Thai TV is just stupid and refuses to watch it

So all the True boxes where returned and replaced by Droid boxes ... and we now have streaming Netflix and a range of other channels to watch, with entertaining (as opposed to childishly moronically stupid) shows for the adults and my kids

My wife cooks more western food and my kids are doing more art and being more creative at home....

The weirdest thing is my kids dont find Thai food as appealing anymore.... and I think its because my wife has introduced foods with different flavors, textures etc... However, Somtam is still a requirement :)

And they just LOVE the western kid shows....

The change away from anything "Thainess" has been very positive !!!

So for me... Thai TV was just keeping the family dumbed down.... The droid box and access to the world via the net has awakened more truths and exposed more lies about Thailands greatness....