PM Pruyut concerned as Suthep to announce future plans today

webfact

This is the same guy that shutdown Bangkok for months, blocked the voting polls and threatened to kidnap the Prime Minister?

I had assumed he was put in jail.

Amazing Thailand.

He was sent to the monastery because he rather spilled the beans on just how long and carefully planned the coup was. A sort of internal exile.

He is being allowed to resume his antics because he commands the loyalty of a significant political power base from the area south of Bangkok. They (the junta) may need that power base to counterbalance one lying dormant North and Northeast of Bangkok. The "foundation" is to raise money to fund that power base, with which comes a significant number of hired thugs - we saw them on the streets in Bangkok a couple of years ago.

Of course the junta will keep a very careful eye on him. I'm sure that they are aware that he is one of the most polarising figures currently politically active within Thailand, but maybe they are considering that they may just need him and his gangs at some stage in the future.The risk may seem worthwhile.

In my opinion, if there is one thing likely to drag this country into civil strife, it is Suthep active on the streets again.

Edited by JAG

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Thais have this wonderful ability to look at something and not see it for what it is. When they say "reforms" what they have in their heads could not be further from the definition, and yet they throw the word around like there is no tomorrow. When they say "reforms" they really mean, "shoring up alliances, finding who is friend and foe, and raping and pillaging the public purse for as much as we can". This applies to all sides of the fence in Thai "politics". (Once again using the word "politics" very generously.)

yep scary stuff spoken like a true "spudater", dont do as i do, do as i tell you. lol !! and if anyone is under the illusion this lot is going to go, think again it aint gonna happen, they are getting to like it. what, back to ordering a few soldiers about, nah!!

Why hasn't this Suthep Terrorist been locked up for life?

On what charges? With what evidence? Has he gone through the legal procedures yet? Has he been to trial and been found guilty?

All those silly nit picking details haven't been done yet you want him locked up for life.

Why do you bother to ask a stupid question without thinking first?

....................."PLEASE!!! Not another riot or unrest in Thailand!".........................

Some TVF posters would be just over the moon if that happened. In fact, reading some of the posts above it sounds like they are not only looking forward to it but they are planting the seeds.

Too many assumptions and wild ideas. thumbsup.gif

"I am worried. There are many people who don't know about themselves and they can't change it," the prime minister said, when asked if he was concerned about this development."

Oh, now I understand the political situation in Thailand... it is because people dont know about themselves. And the self appointed PM, Napoleon the 2nd is trying to teach Thai people to know about themselves..

Well I guess if he is successful he should try this elsewhere in the world.. it is not only in Thailand where people don't about themselves... it is a global phenomenon.

he belongs in jail for crimes against the state.

Are you referring to him leading the protests/riots against PTP in 2014 ? If so, do you also believe the redshirt leaders who have led protests and riots should be in prison with him ?

"I am worried. There are many people who don't know about themselves and they can't change it," the prime minister said, when asked if he was concerned about this development."

Oh, now I understand the political situation in Thailand... it is because people dont know about themselves. And the self appointed PM, Napoleon the 2nd is trying to teach Thai people to know about themselves..

Well I guess if he is successful he should try this elsewhere in the world.. it is not only in Thailand where people don't about themselves... it is a global phenomenon.

............................"There are many people who don't know about themselves and they can't change it"............................

I take the so called quotes in these stories with a pinch of salt. Did he really say that, or is it just another case of woeful translating.

Whether it is a Thai who thinks he can speak and understand English or a farung with the same attitude towards the Thai language, it rarely comes out right.

And you could have picked a better avatar. Yours suggests the guy doing the pee has two dix. whistling.gif

Are you scared that he will run his big mouth about the collusion between him and you to overthrow a flawed yet elected government by the Thai people Mr General?

If you allow Suthep to speak politically after locking up the students then you will look very, very hypocritical. The political wounds of Thailand won't heal by trying to use the same agents that polarize people. Thaksin is done as a significant power player in Thailand, and so should Suthep be.

............................"There are many people who don't know about themselves and they can't change it"............................

I take the so called quotes in these stories with a pinch of salt. Did he really say that, or is it just another case of woeful translating.

Whether it is a Thai who thinks he can speak and understand English or a farung with the same attitude towards the Thai language, it rarely comes out right.

And you could have picked a better avatar. Yours suggests the guy doing the pee has two dix. whistling.gif

I suggest you get a pair of glasses.. and while you are at it a sense of humour... you may then be even more amused...

Interpret the following please. Sometimes there are things I do not know about myself(I am in the same boat I guess) and I am looking for answers. I would like to change it but I need to know what first.

I am worried. There are many people who don't know about themselves and they can't change it," the prime minister said, when asked if he was concerned about this development.

Shouldn't Suthep be coordinating which prison he will spend the rest of his life in?

One thing you must learn about tools is that you must keep them sharp at all times and readily available. You need to keep them in a toolbox so they do not stray. This tool is not a fool. If and when another election is called this guy will be laying the groundwork to participate forget his no more politics statement. A leopard does not change its spots and this one adores the limelight. Its like a magicians trick. Watch other aspects besides the bouncing blue ball. Politicians are always bouncing out balls of BS to keep our eyes away from what is truly important especially at election time.

Getting a little edgy that the Suthep faction might want to collect on previous promises or that some of your backers are falling by the wayside?

Good luck on collecting previous promises. He will be kept under wraps till needed. A large muzzle will be needed however like a visit to one of the indoctrination camps. They will no doubt lock him in a room and expose him to slides of all his misadventures during the "peoples" revolution. If that does not work maybe a subtle visit from the finance office for an audit of all the money he took in during his "peoples uprising" and also a check on his personal life for "enrichment" if any. If you open enough doors a skeleton will always be hanging behind one.

Dear Sir

Is it not the peoples free will to discuss there opinions freely. They have a right to express there concerns. You seized power with the story of giving back power to the people.

The conflict has ended and your holding on tight to a job that you forced. I think the people have a born right to choose there leader. Theres a old saying....... The truth comes out in the Wash.

The people dont vote for another 2 years LOL... What is that Peace and Order

The International Herald last week printed an article about the behind the scene battle between Prem and Prayut.

Could be a counter coup on the way.

It would be ironic if Prayut is run thru a kangaroo court and forced into exile.

Will the PM make the ritual birthday visit to Prem in August?

Suthip would like reforms that give him absolute power

This guy is very dangerous I just don't get why Thais support him

You could say the same thing about Adolph. Sheeple are funny. We seem to have a follow the herd mentality. As religion is dropping off we are looking for a Savior elsewhere in these desperate times. Maybe the time spent in the Wat has put a halo around his head well in his mind anyway. I agree this guy is dangerous with visions of grandeur. Maybe he had an epiphany in the temple and saw himself as "the chosen one" Somewhere down the road there will be a "meeting of minds" or a "butting of heads". Interesting to see how this plays out.

"There are many people who don't know about themselves and they can't change it," Well, dear leader, sounds like time for you to check into local wat and contemplate your navel, or naval, or submarines.....

"The unexamined life is not worth living" and if they would just give PM tools he wants, he'll examine everyone's lives.

I reckon this is just one more plot device in the soap opera called Thai politics.

Why hasn't this Suthep Terrorist been locked up for life?

On what charges? With what evidence? Has he gone through the legal procedures yet? Has he been to trial and been found guilty?

All those silly nit picking details haven't been done yet you want him locked up for life.

Why do you bother to ask a stupid question without thinking first?

Abhisit and Suthep were charged by NACC with abuse of power as government officials. They are charged for failing to stop the use of excessive violence against civilians in the military crackdown they authorized on Redshirt protesters in April - May 2010 that resulted in more than 90 people killed, including demonstrators, soldiers, rescue workers, and two foreign journalists. There is no bail or imprisonment requirement with this charge.

Both were originally charged by DSI in 2013 for murder in the crackdown but the Court eventually dropped those charges after the military coup as "inappropriate." This charge now can only result in an impeachment. Both would be banned from public office for 5 years. Both are currently presenting their defense to the court.

Edited by Srikcir

Surprised the guy has not been nicknamed Nitro (Nitroglycerin).

• Very volatile
  • Has to be handled with care
  • Very powerful
  • very useful if handled correctly
  • can do an awful lot of damage

Your analogy is absurd. You may exchange the word feces with nitro, and your little dittie/parable still holds true. (However in reality, he is not volatile, powerful, useful nor damaging. Concerning handling him with care, I can assure you that the southerners (from Surathani) deride him. He is very expendable.)