Suthep announces formation of mass foundation for national reform

webfact

Suthep announces formation of mass foundation for national reform

30-7-2558-12-48-11-wpcf_728x408.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Former leader of the People's Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) Suthep Thaugsuban today led all his former activist leaders to officially introduce a people's foundation to work for the true and constructive reform of the country that will benefit the people and the country through peaceful means.

The press conference was monitored closely by Army officers from the National Council for Peace and Order to ensure it would not turn to political issues.

In declaring his Mass Foundation for Thailand’s Reform at a press conference in Intercontinental Hotel on Ratchaprasong road in Bangkok, Suthep declared his mass foundation will mobilise supporters with same ideology to drive the country forward to constructive reform before the general election.

He assured that the mass foundation would not resort to political mean or create any political conflict, but would adhere to rules of laws and would cooperate with the military junta to achieve its reform peacefully without resorting to rallies or protests.

He said the mass foundation will only forward its ideas and proposals to the ruling power without making pressure, or obstructing its effort to reform the country.

He said the Mass Foundation for Thailand’s Reform was officially registered legally with authorities.

The Mass Foundation has already spent two million baht to assist in education for children whose parents were victims to political violence and will continue to follow up their livelihood closely.

He said the mass foundation will work with caution and follow the laws of the country strictly so as to avoid being criticised of double standard in case it is allowed to do activities by the military while other is banned.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/suthep-announces-formation-of-mass-foundation-for-national-reform

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-07-30

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there's a typo, it should read: "Suthep Thaugsuban today led all his former activist leaders to officially introduce a people's foundation to make Thailand's most corrupt politician wealthier".

Whatever did happen to the god knows how many millions he stripped from the gullible a couple of years back? The protests were largely financed by supporting companies etc so ...

This guy is to blame for the destruction of the Thai democracy and led to the takeover by the junta. He should be in jail.

On the other hand I hope he creates havoc again. My dollar and Euro pensions will become worth more when the Baht falls.

But very sad for the Thai people.

I'm just waiting for the announcement that Suthep's trouble making was caused by the previous government

... along with the drought, 14 student protest, forest encroachment, economy and human trafficking

This guy is to blame for the destruction of the Thai democracy and led to the takeover by the junta. He should be in jail.

On the other hand I hope he creates havoc again. My dollar and Euro pensions will become worth more when the Baht falls.

What rubbish, suggest you do some more research.

"This guy is to blame for the destruction of the Thai democracy...." False, there was no democracy for his to destroy.

"This guy is to blame for the destruction of the Thai democracy...." False, there was no democracy for his to destroy.

Try telling that to the Thais who wanted to vote last February then, who wanted to exercise their democratic right.

If there was no democracy to destroy, and never has been, according to you and many of your ilk, what on earth makes you believe that what the Junta will deliver to the Thai people will be anything close to one? There's NO such thing as a democratic military, it's totally autocratic, founded on discipline, and order.

You're given an order in the military, you follow it, you question it, you're in a whole world of hurt, the head shed don't take too kindly to having their orders, or authority questioned, and you being a former military man should know this.

Prayuth is about as flexible as a kit kat, when dealing with his subordinates. It's his way or the high way.

"I'm sorry General, we can't attack that enemy today, it doesn't feel quite right" just doesn't ever cut it.

While I hold no brief for Yingluck and her policies she was elected in an internationally certified election. I call that democracy.

What Suthep did was not unlike the infamous Munich beer hall putsch of one Adolph Hitler. In other words you go my way or I disrupt the government. That is not democracy.

Try telling that to the Thais who wanted to vote last February then, who wanted to exercise their democratic right.

If there was no democracy to destroy, and never has been, according to you and many of your ilk, what on earth makes you believe that what the Junta will deliver to the Thai people will be anything close to one? There's NO such thing as a democratic military, it's totally autocratic, founded on discipline, and order.

You're given an order in the military, you follow it, you question it, you're in a whole world of hurt, the head shed don't take too kindly to having their orders, or authority questioned, and you being a former military man should know this.

Prayuth is about as flexible as a kit kat, when dealing with his subordinates. It's his way or the high way.

"I'm sorry General, we can't attack that enemy today, it doesn't feel quite right" just doesn't ever cut it.

While I hold no brief for Yingluck and her policies she was elected in an internationally certified election. I call that democracy.

What Suthep did was not unlike the infamous Munich beer hall putsch of one Adolph Hitler. In other words you go my way or I disrupt the government. That is not democracy.

Yes, and she was removed for an abuse of power by a court of law. That's called not being above the law.

The fact she was in reality no more than a puppet for a non elected criminal fugitive, her brother, to run and manage the government how he saw fit, in his interests and in pursuit of his agenda does cloud the water somewhat.

Oh and try telling that to those who had to endure red shirt villages - and schools.

No one is claiming that the military is a democratic organisation - that's a straw man.

Prayuth has many faults but he, at least has Thailand's interest at heart, which does not coincide with those of some Farangs whose interest hardly goes beyond the exchange rate. No, FH, I'm not accusing you of being one of those but you do seem to be one who thinks that elections equal democracy & if you really are Scottish you should know that better than most, it's certainly not..

Edited by khunken

Oh and try telling that to those who had to endure red shirt villages - and schools.

No one is claiming that the military is a democratic organisation - that's a straw man.

Prayuth has many faults but he, at least has Thailand's interest at heart, which does not coincide with those of some Farangs whose interest hardly goes beyond the exchange rate. No, FH, I'm not accusing you of being one of those but you do seem to be one who thinks that elections equal democracy & if you really are Scottish you should know that better than most.

A remarkably stupid analogy if i say so myself.

There was a democracy but he and his followers blocked the voting booths and the election commission so the country could not vote at the last election or did that just slip your mind? You don't have to research that it's black and white. Maybe you should do some research before you get on social media and make a fool of yourself next time you decide to mouth off.

So...let's get that straight: there was an Army -officer present, to make sure, that nothing "political" would be talked about.

I guess, he heard at least some of the things, reported in the article.

Maybe I am getting this all wrong, but...which part actually was the non-political one?

Prayuth has many faults but he, at least has Thailand's interest at heart, which does not coincide with those of some Farangs whose interest hardly goes beyond the exchange rate. No, FH, I'm not accusing you of being one of those but you do seem to be one who thinks that elections equal democracy & if you really are Scottish you should know that better than most.

A remarkably stupid analogy if i say so myself.

And a predictable response void of any near-intelligent debate.

There was a democracy but he and his followers blocked the voting booths and the election commission so the country could not vote at the last election or did that just slip your mind? You don't have to research that it's black and white. Maybe you should do some research before you get on social media and make a fool of yourself next time you decide to mouth off.

"There was a democracy....."

Wrong in the first few words. No further comment needed.

Prayuth has many faults but he, at least has Thailand's interest at heart, which does not coincide with those of some Farangs whose interest hardly goes beyond the exchange rate. No, FH, I'm not accusing you of being one of those but you do seem to be one who thinks that elections equal democracy & if you really are Scottish you should know that better than most, it's certainly not..

Ken, being Scottish means nothing to me, it's simply a birthright, it makes me no better than anyone else.

If I had a vote on the referendum If have voted NO, and stayed in the Union, quite simply because not ONE SNP politician could answer questions about defence or the economy that made me think they were the right people to run the country.

Do you know that life long friends there started calling the NO voters traitors and called their patriotism into question!! I find that disgusting behaviour, and that's the very same problem Thaialnd has, in the lack of respect for the other persons vote.

I vote for who I feel will represent all the things I would instil in my own philosophies, things like, trust, honesty, integrity, humility, basic core values.

In my 35 years I've been able to vote not one single MP has even come close, so I have for the better part never cast a vote, does that make any difference to the bigger picture? I don't believe so, as no matter who wins an election, even if it's by 1% it still means 49% of the population think the winners are not worthy!!

As for my own personal views about Thailand and how it should be run, well I wouldn't dream of trying to express what I thought on my family if Ididnt have a vote, they are adults and the beauty of having free will is they vote how they want, it's their choice, they make up their own minds.

I have 3 grown up Children in the UK all of voting age, what would give me the right to tell them which way they should vote? surely they should have their own core values as to what they expect from their elected representatives?

You bring up good points about red villages and schools, isn't that down to the parents there to let them attend or move them to other schools? Is a red school curriculum any less full of propaganda than current schools pushing Prayuths 12 core values ? The student who wrote on her exam paper felt strongly about this, expressed her feelings and was called mentally ill, do you think that's fair? TVF members berated her, but that choice was here to make, that stand was hers to make, not the bitter and twisted Nakhon nowhere farangs to make.

We however digress too much, why is suthep allowed to form such a foundation knowing his hatred for the Shins, when if the red supporters were to do something similar, they're in the wrong?

Notice that Suthep has not mentioned reconciliation in his latest attention seeking stunt, because without reconciliation there will never be reforms and it's a conflict of interest in the juntas own reformation program.

Why is he allowed to basically undermine the efforts or lack of from the Junta, and it's alright? but 14 students from the wrong part of the country are lambasted and ridiculed and subsequently gaoled?

Everyone's opinions and rights should be respected voices of discontent should be heard as much as voices of support, every establishment needs a healthy opposition, including th current Junta, they are pushing through stupid laws without thinking, without opposition to challenge the reasons for and against.

So how is it possible that Prayuth has the country at heart? He has his own agendas plain for all to see, if he truly had the country to heart, he would step aside and get rid of the current junta, bring in people from ALL sides to fix this broken country, he doesn't represent a country he represent an oligarchy where he alone controls everything, he's the ultimate big cheese, so when it starts coming apart in places, only person to blame is one who doesn't want to share the burden and responsibilities.

Yes, and she was removed for an abuse of power by a court of law. That's called not being above the law.

The fact she was in reality no more than a puppet for a non elected criminal fugitive, her brother, to run and manage the government how he saw fit, in his interests and in pursuit of his agenda does cloud the water somewhat.

She was removed by a court of law indeed, for the very same thing that's going on hand and fist across the current snouts in the trough!!