Inexpensive Car Hire

matman

I need to hire a car in Pattaya for three days for a trip to Suphanburi Province. I'm hoping there will be a number of TV members that can recommend an inexpensive and reliable renter. Normally I do this trip on my motorcycle, but my wife has been unwell of late, and it would not be fair to subject her to a 400Km each way drive riding pillion. We could resort to Bus then mini van, but given the safety record of Mini vans don't think this is an option we would wish to consider.

I know that there are a myriad of adverts/web sites, but we would prefer to take advice from others who have had a good experience previously with an inexpensive renter.

Many thanks in anticipation

Just make sure that whatever car you hire has a current tax disc and first class insurance - I was made aware of some cheap hirers where one or other had expired........

And watch out for rentals where the first class insurance does not include hire & reward cover.

As previously stated, comprehensive cover, tax, etc. A friend had an accident in a rented car, and was told he would have to pay for the hire period the car was in the repair shop, apparently this was written into the contract !!

Other thing such as legal tyres, age of the vehicle, and in the event of a breakdown, a replacement car. I would most certainly not be the looking for the cheapest here, but the best deal amongst the international companies.

not only the most reputable but usually even the cheapest, particularly now in low season, is avis -> avisthailand.com you can even make a reservation online without paying a thing first and only make the payment when u take over the car. highly recommended, using them anywhere in the country since 12+ years whenever I need a car

i've seen new cars for rent at 590 a day on soi wat boon, next to the gentleman club - the winchester (never been in there, heard its crap)

yes, cars look pretty new - perhaps a nissan march for that price

That is either MAKS or Expat office 2. Maks is across the street from Winchester and Expat office 2 next to Winchester.

i've seen new cars for rent at 590 a day on soi wat boon, next to the gentleman club - the winchester (never been in there, heard its crap)

yes, cars look pretty new - perhaps a nissan march for that price

That is either MAKS or Expat office 2. Maks is across the street from Winchester and Expat office 2 next to Winchester.

no cars anymore opposite Winchester, just some red tape spanning across the space where cars used to be.