ChiangMai Cinephiles - new movie group offer movies at CMU)

jij

Who: ChiangMai Cinephiles

What: FARGO by the Coen Bros.
Where: CMU-Arts Center, 239 Nimmanhaemin (near Suthep), free parking
When: Tuesday, August 4, 7:30 sharp

600_440303751.jpeg

Rotten TomatoMeter: 94% fresh

100฿ donation is suggested, though any amount is welcome.

Note: We are starting our hopeful weekly showing with a somewhat well know film in hopes of meeting you and learning your viewing interests. We encourage everyone to stay for a group discussion immediately afterwards with people who are professionally related to the movie industry.

Meet us over on FaceBook, click "JOIN" and enjoy regular movie info and updates on this group.

Thank you,

ChiangMai Cinephiles

hi don -

thanks for the feedback.

i think 95% of most films ever made are available on various websites. our intention is to offer a small handful of high quality movies and build an audience that trusts our opinion, direction and instincts. after quizzing several Xpats, they were not so inclined to see Fitzcarraldo, Wings of Desire or other movies that were lesser known to the movie going masses, though are considered masterful by most cinephiles. we also are offering a discussion panel and highly encourage audience participation immediately afterwards. last night i walked out of my 8th of 10 movies. i enjoy watching film with friends and like minded people and hope to convert you soon.

again, thanks for the feedback. we want to fill seats and need to know your thoughts,

- jf

fitzcarraldo was my first pick, then viewed it again and realized that it's a three hour movie. one of my favorite movies of all-time, but not a household name, when one wants to fill seats first night out. werner was actually my neighbor back home when i lived there and yes, a 1-2 month werner-athon would be wonderful.

help us to spread the word by visiting us at FaceBook and clicking JOIN, let us know what you want, fill some seats, put some wind in our sails with a modest donation and spread the word.

- jf

I've seen Fargo at least four times, but it is SO good! I might come down and see it at your place. More Coen Bros? A Serious Man, The Man Who Wasn't There, No Country for Old Men? How about some Christopher Guest? Waiting for Guffman, A Mighty Wind, For Your Consideration?

Now, all I have to do is FIND your theater.That campus is confusing.

Might come down? Might? Please come down, join the discussion group and i'll tell you why we did not go with some of the films mentioned and why FARGO won out, until then it will remain a riddle. you don't want to mumble FARGO on your death bed and have those around you wonder what it means. if you live in a castle ok, but not for us normal folk.

239 Nimmanhaemin, if it's not raining out we'll have a FARGO sign out and certainly have FARGO signs located on the campus.

- jf

Archived