Visa for filipino

I know of a young Filipino man - a friend of a friend who came in on a regular tourist visa from Manila ... when it was about to expire and he wanted to stay I suggested going to Vientiane, Laos for a 2 Entry Tourist visa ... it was granted without question,

• Like 1

whistling.gif Yes you probably can.....but I warn you getting a passport for a young Filipino woman will be difficult not because of the Thai immigration.....but due to the Philippine government itself.

Unless she already has a passport.... it will take time and cost you some money to get hat passport.

I know of a young Filipino man - a friend of a friend who came in on a regular tourist visa from Manila ... when it was about to expire and he wanted to stay I suggested going to Vientiane, Laos for a 2 Entry Tourist visa ... it was granted without question,

Thanks was thinking about going to Cambodia

Edited by ubonjoe
moved reply to quoted text

whistling.gif Yes you probably can.....but I warn you getting a passport for a young Filipino woman will be difficult not because of the Thai immigration.....but due to the Philippine government itself.

Unless she already has a passport.... it will take time and cost you some money to get hat passport.

Thanks for that we got the passport no problem and not expensive I brought her here already for 1 month before with fly in visa I need to know how to extend it

Thanks for that we got the passport no problem and not expensive I brought her here already for 1 month before with fly in visa I need to know how to extend it

You've been answered above in post #2.

I misread...
so I deleted my post. I see where she already has been here.

But yes....just as we do..she is free to apply for a 60 day visa. and can extend.

It would not hurt to ask for a double entry...

just make sure she has an itinerary, and sufficient funds (10,000 baht), along with her address.

Edited by slipperylobster

Visa Exempt 30 days.... I never heard of a fly in visa.

In common (incorrect) parlance, fly in visa == visa on arrival == visa exempt.

And another one: "holiday entry permit". From another thread today.

Edited by paz

Paz- you know what you wrote above is incorrect, a "fly in visa" would refer to a visa exempt entry, not a visa on arrival. How can you possibly say that a visa exempt entry and a visa on arrival are the same !?

I misread...

so I deleted my post. I see where she already has been here.

But yes....just as we do..she is free to apply for a 60 day visa. and can extend.

It would not hurt to ask for a double entry...

just make sure she has an itinerary, and sufficient funds (10,000 baht), along with her address.

Thanks for that does she have to apply for that in Philippines,

Or can we do it in Jomtien

Ps. She will be traveling with me]

Paz- you know what you wrote above is incorrect, a "fly in visa" would refer to a visa exempt entry, not a visa on arrival. How can you possibly say that a visa exempt entry and a visa on arrival are the same !?

What Paz was (correctly) saying is that many posters refer to a visa exempt entry as a visa on arrival. While even more confusing than fly in visa or holiday entry permit, it is actually the most commonly used wrong term.