Gift Suggestions For Helpful Neighbour ?

WaiWai

A young adult (late teen/early 20's) female neighbour from middle-class family is going to help us by feeding our pet for a few days while we are away.

I'd like to get her a small gift ... any suggestions ? Can you get gift vouchers for books or music here ?

We're in Chiang Mai.

A young adult (late teen/early 20's) female neighbour from middle-class family is going to help us by feeding our pet for a few days while we are away.

I'd like to get her a small gift ... any suggestions ? Can you get gift vouchers for books or music here ?

We're in Chiang Mai.

if you are outside thailand, they love imported things (well maybe not from china), but crazy for everything which looks like europe...

they loved an ugly austrian pullover....

if you are outside thailand, they love imported things (well maybe not from china), but crazy for everything which looks like europe...

they loved an ugly austrian pullover....

Just going to Kuala Lumpur on visa business.

Edited by WaiWai

We're in Chiang Mai.

Gift vouchers from Central Department Chiang Mai should be O.K. for a young lady.

Gift vouchers from Central Department Chiang Mai should be O.K. for a young lady.

Sounds like a good idea.

Can anyone confirm that Central does have gift vouchers ?

Also, approx. how many baht would be appropriate for feeding our pet for 2-3 days ?

Edited by WaiWai

Sounds like a good idea.

Can anyone confirm that Central does have gift vouchers ?

Also, approx. how many baht would be appropriate for feeding out pet for 2-3 days ?

if I'm not wrong, Central gift voucher value start from 500 baht to 5,000 baht

500 baht to 1,000 baht should be appropriate, that too depend on your relationship.

We're in Chiang Mai.

how about a return trip to Vegas staying at the Mandalay ? :o

It's got to be a small 'brand name' cosmetic thingy*, hasn't it?

Cheap as chips in Duty Free!

* - I have no idea what a 'thingy' is actually called in womens-speak as I am a beer drinking hairy-arsed bloke. The 'thingy' I buy has powder a mirror and a brushy thing in it. It causes squeals of delight for my office manager, so I guess it works as a gift.

Good luck and I hope the dog is not shitting rusty water when you get back!

Edited by CymruAmByth

We're in Chiang Mai.

how about a return trip to Vegas staying at the Mandalay ? :D

:o:D

perfume. chocolates. case of VB.

First to make me laugh, Tornado.

Anyway, would anyone like to address the question re appropriate amount of money ?

P.S. As I said, I don't know her or her tastes at all, hence the thoughts of a gift voucher.

Edited by WaiWai

perfume. chocolates. case of VB.

First to make me laugh, Tornado.

Anyway, would anyone like to address the question re appropriate amount of money ?

P.S. As I said, I don't know her or her tastes at all, hence the thoughts of a gift voucher.

The actual value is not too important, it is how coooool it looks, and does it look imported.

Whilst the VB will be imported it does not have the cooool factor. I must say the current set of VB boxes for the football finals are attractive but I think they are aimed at a different demographic.

A small perfume in a pretty bottle, or some european chocolate would be the safest. Don't make it too big and flashy or you will be asked by all and sundry when you are going away and does your dog need looking after. :o

[

The actual value is not too important, it is how coooool it looks, and does it look imported.

A small perfume in a pretty bottle, or some european chocolate would be the safest. Don't make it too big and flashy or you will be asked by all and sundry when you are going away and does your dog need looking after. :o

There's the problem - WHICH perfume/chocolate is cool just now ? Shall I just rely on intsinct ? I trust my own taste, but no idea of hers.

The gift voucher may seem too crass (?) but at least she can choose what she'd like.

Thanks for your patience, all .

There's the problem - WHICH perfume/chocolate is cool just now ? Shall I just rely on intsinct ? I trust my own taste, but no idea of hers.

The gift voucher may seem too crass (?) but at least she can choose what she'd like.

The perfume I don't feel is a good idea because girls are pretty picky about what they like in this area and may not be to her taste. Voucher gives her lots of choices and the chance to go shopping and what girl doesn't like doing that? :o My wife just said a beauty pack (set) would be good. Has body lotion and other things and comes in a nice attractive package,

Edited by tywais

The perfume I don't feel is a good idea because girls are pretty picky about what they like in this area and may not be to her taste.

That's what I am worried about. If in China, I'd have no hesitation, as any good perfume should be welcome. This young woman has, perhaps, already developed her own tastes in such things.

OK. I could get her a little bottle of classic perfume or a voucher ... what's your vote ?

The perfume I don't feel is a good idea because girls are pretty picky about what they like in this area and may not be to her taste.

That's what I am worried about. If in China, I'd have no hesitation, as any good perfume should be welcome. This young woman has, perhaps, already developed her own tastes in such things.

OK. I could get her a little bottle of classic perfume or a voucher ... what's your vote ?

I updated my post with a comment from the wife and seems a good choice too (beauty sets). BTW if you haven't looked at prices of good perfumes here you may be shocked at the prices.

My wife also said that just giving money would be quite bad (her word was ugly) and she wasn't sure about the voucher except that it gives her the choices.

Edited by tywais

I updated my post with a comment from the wife and seems a good choice too (beauty sets). BTW if you haven't looked at prices of good perfumes here you may be shocked at the prices.

My wife also said that just giving money would be quite bad (her word was ugly) and she wasn't sure about the voucher except that it gives her the choices.

Thank you :o .

That was helpful.

I would advise Sang Som.

What is Sang Som ?

Rocket fuel that construction workers rely on. :o:D ....very cheap Thai 'whiskey'

Geoff --- it is actually a rum!

Lao Khao is the really nasty stuff ('white liqour' --- about 70 baht a bottle)