Boat-parking chaos near Bali Hai Pier

Rimmer

Boat-parking chaos near Bali Hai Pier

n18speedi-1.jpg

PATTAYA:--As Pattaya begins repairs to Bali Hai Pier, the need to bring order to speedboat parking there has become even more evident.

All manner of boats - new, old, pristine and battered - are parked under the flyover bridge.

Somjai, a nearby resident, said speedboats belong to private owners and the area where they park is used as a repair zone. There is a repair shop in a soi near the bridge, but it cannot accommodate a large number of boats, so the vendors park them under the bridge until they are fixed.

The area is a public space but it has been like this for years, she complained.

Authorities have acknowledged the problem and have outlined plans to reorganize parking areas for boats, but Somjai fears it will be years before anything actually changes.

- See more at: http://www.pattayamail.com/localnews/boat-parking-chaos-near-bali-hai-pier-49464#sthash.LDMM006j.dpuf

pattayamaillogo.png
-- Pattaya Mail 2015-07-31 footer_n.gif

That whole area is a complete eyesore, stinking of oil with dirty old boats laying around all over the place, it is a disgrace

It should have been developed into a tourist beauty spot with pristine scenery and a majestic marina coupled with resturants footpaths and lighting, instead it is a dump - one of the worst eyesores in Pattaya, it is a fine example of how Thailand does not reinvest some of the tourist trillions they receive every year and instead stuff it into their pockets as fast as they can get it in their then stick their heads in the sand and wonder why everyone thinks it's a (deleted)

That whole area is a complete eyesore, stinking of oil with dirty old boats laying around all over the place, it is a disgrace

It should have been developed into a tourist beauty spot with pristine scenery and a majestic marina coupled with resturants footpaths and lighting, instead it is a dump - one of the worst eyesores in Pattaya, it is a fine example of how Thailand does not reinvest some of the tourist trillions they receive every year and instead stuff it into their pockets as fast as they can get it in their then stick their heads in the sand and wonder why everyone thinks it's a (deleted)

I heared nowadays - pier is packed by Chinese,

so that means this conditions are just adapted for the Chinese,

so that they feel home stay !!

Not surprising really, there is a motor bike repair shop and a car repair shop near my place and both have taken over the road in front of their businesses. They have made the road surface a filthy, oil covered mess with old tyres, parts scattered everywhere. Have a look at any similar shop in Pattaya and it will be just the same.

Boats. Cars. Whatever.

Parked where the owners want whenever they want with the mandatory selfish Me Me Me attitude.

And who's to blame ? Authorities for allowing this trend.

Thats right the left lane (1 of 3) on beach rd next to curb ( parking lane ) is now a de facto parking lane for all kinds of vehicles.

Chaos is everywhere now with hundreds of vendors chasing after the tour buses when not lying around blocking footpaths.

The mass tourists , Chinese and Indians, are oblivious to all this.

The long time residents just put up with it. As do the visitors here for nightlife. At this point I dont understand why any other category of foreigner would visit here for a second time.

Edited by morrobay

Boats. Cars. Whatever.

Parked where the owners want whenever they want with the mandatory selfish Me Me Me attitude.

Thats right the left lane (1 of 3) on beach rd next to curb ( parking lane ) is now a de facto parking lane for all kinds of vehicles.

Chaos is everywhere now with hundreds of vendors chasing after the tour buses when not lying around blocking footpaths.

The long time residents just put up with it. As do the visitors here for nightlife. At this point I dont understand why any other category of foreigner would visit here for a second time.

when exercising on my bicycle the biggest decision is should I ride down Beach Road itself and battle the tourist buses, the baht buses and the vendors running in the middle of the road or should I ride along the walkway next to the beach and fight my way through hundreds of Indians and Chinese who are standing blocking the entire walkway oblivious to any pedestrians wanting to pass throughblink.png

Edited by Asiantravel

• 6 months later...

Boats. Cars. Whatever.

when exercising on my bicycle the biggest decision is should I ride down Beach Road itself and battle the tourist buses, the baht buses and the vendors running in the middle of the road or should I ride along the walkway next to the beach and fight my way through hundreds of Indians and Chinese who are standing blocking the entire walkway oblivious to any pedestrians wanting to pass throughblink.png

I would avoid Pattaya beach from north to the south all together, especially the road around the new state-of-art marina near the lighthouse unless you are carrying pepper spray for those friendly dogs that always try to sample some of your flesh while riding your bike.

What a disaster that area has become!

How did they go thru 700 million of taxpayer money and totally wasted it!

Incompetency at it's best!

What is annoying is the area continuous from the overpass to the greasy mess of a boatyard parking lot, to the bay, and up to lighthouse pt

The new walkway from Bali Hi with lamp post lighting looked OK for the first 6 months. Then of course the walkway undermined and collapsed in some parts and the 10 ' lamp posts eroded and fell over. Then they built a garbage loading platform halfway out to the point.If any one wants to walk out and look at this mess take a stout walking stick for the dogs.

Edited by morrobay

I would avoid Pattaya beach from north to the south all together, especially the road around the new state-of-art marina near the lighthouse unless you are carrying pepper spray for those friendly dogs that always try to sample some of your flesh while riding your bike.

The marina is in major degradation: The only remaining structure are the massive concrete breakwater/ piers.75 % of the floating pontoon, iron framed, wood planked docks for boat slips are in a train wreck piles along the breakwater. They are separated : pontoons, frames, wood planking. The other 25% are in complete disarray and half sunk around the concrete piers. The walkway is a motorbike parking lot with shanty shacks and two junk tractors out at the lighthouse on the walkway. All the lamps/ lamp posts are gone and concrete benches broken.The boatyard has piles of garbage stratified with oil a foot high. This place makes San Pedro look like Newport Beach.

Edited by morrobay

The construction is nearly complete of a 53 storey highrise condo building placed directly in front of the Pattaya Hill lookout. If that's how they treat the best view in Pattaya - a tourist attraction, there's no hope of any beautification development in this century.

"Too high". LOL The only way to fix that eyesore is demolition.

Edited by Rimmer
26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuk

The marina is in major degradation: The only remaining structure are the massive concrete breakwater/ piers.75 % of the floating pontoon, iron framed, wood planked docks for boat slips are in a train wreck piles along the breakwater. They are separated : pontoons, frames, wood planking. The other 25% are in complete disarray and half sunk around the concrete piers. The walkway is a motorbike parking lot with shanty shacks and two junk tractors out at the lighthouse on the walkway. All the lamps/ lamp posts are gone and concrete benches broken.The boatyard has piles of garbage stratified with oil a foot high. This place makes San Pedro look like Newport Beach.

" The marina is in major degradation: The only remaining structure are the massive concrete breakwater/ piers.75 % of the floating pontoon, iron framed, wood planked docks for boat slips are in a train wreck piles along the breakwater "

And floating about freely amongst the rubbish. You can see them in this picture to the left of the boats. And now there is a broken down rusty Kobelco excavator with a broken rusty steel track which I bet will just sit there for months and months. This is why I laugh when people say Pattaya rich and moneyed investors will come to live here. rich and moneyed investors do not want to look on such an eyesore.

post-149848-0-80202100-1455010541_thumb.

post-149848-0-73665900-1455010670_thumb.

Edited by Asiantravel