Driving my own Thai car from Thailand -> Malaysia -> Indonesia

tri

Id like to see his report when he gets back.

yes - will do that...

anyone have special secret places in malaysia/singapore?

- hotels - resorts - guesthouses

- beaches

- cities

- jungles

- islands

- special roads (we have 4x4-driven-car)

- must to see

- restaurants

- pubs

- bistros

thanks

@phuketrichard - are you at home - down in phuket in september/octobre?! for a beer or wine or water or so...?! clap2.gif

will start begin september for about 2 months!

Will be off back to Myanmar the end of sept for 2 weeks or so, Need be back in Phuket the 15th of Oct

There is so much to see between where u are and KL,

yes - will do that...

- beaches

- cities

- jungles

- islands

- must to see

- restaurants

- pubs

- bistros

thanks

@phuketrichard - are you at home - down in phuket in september/octobre?! for a beer or wine or water or so...?! clap2.gif

Will be off back to Myanmar the end of sept for 2 weeks or so, Need be back in Phuket the 15th of Oct

yes - will do that...

- beaches

- cities

- jungles

- islands

- must to see

- restaurants

- pubs

- bistros

thanks

yes - will do that...

- beaches

- cities

- jungles

- islands

- must to see

- restaurants

- pubs

- bistros

thanks

I've driven to Penang....absolutely no problems at all....I was told it is easier to go from Singapore to Indonesia

I would LOVE to hear how you get on getting into Indonesia....I've heard wide ranging tales of no carnets and huge deposits asked for.

As I would like to drive to Oz, your part of the route (Indonesia) is the most difficult.

malaysia will stick on a number plate for as part of the documentation service and insurance. (Gas was about 30 % CHEAPER in Malaysia than Thailand)

Edited by cumgranosalum

I've driven to Penang....absolutely no problems at all....I was told it is easier to go from Singapore to Indonesia

I would LOVE to hear how you get on getting into Indonesia....I've heard wide ranging tales of no carnets and huge deposits asked for.

As I would like to drive to Oz, your part of the route (Indonesia) is the most difficult.

malaysia will stick on a number plate for as part of the documentation service and insurance. (Gas was about 30 % CHEAPER in Malaysia than Thailand)

our plan is NOT to drive to indonesia and OZ...!

this was the original posting - but NOT from us...! from @tri

Edited by edh69

our plan is NOT to drive to indonesia and OZ...!

this was the original posting - but NOT from us...! from @tri

so I'm talking to the OP then, not you?

Malaysia's a doddle

Edited by cumgranosalum

so I'm talking to the OP then, not you?

Malaysia's a doddle

what do you mean with "OP"?

we (edh69) are planning about the same routing - but "only" till SQ and back - no indonesia no oz no whatelse...

thanks

"

Driving my own Thai car from Thailand -> Malaysia -> Indonesia"

Gas last month

Thailand 95 28 baht/

Malaysia 95 23 baht/

BUT near the border they make u buy the more expensive gas at 25 baht/

Gas last month

Thailand 95 28 baht/

Malaysia 95 23 baht/

BUT near the border they make u buy the more expensive gas at 25 baht/

so that's about 25%...is that for gas or diesel?

Average Diesel - I've got 22.89 for Thailand and 17.64 for Malaysia

Edited by cumgranosalum