Phuket truck crushes girl, 12, drags her 150m to her death

Lite Beer

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thai style, really, so hit and runs never happen elsewhere in this world ? Last time i heard it does !

so he killed someone and just run off, thai style

when will they teach in school that this is not ok ?

Another terrible story regarding Thai roads and driving and one more little childs life cut short due to bad driving by an inexperienced driver as a good driver would have managed to stop or avoid a collision with the child RIP another little angel arriving in heaven

Why bother, by the time they catch him or he hands himself in, he will come out with such an excuse or blame it on the women and her daughter, and walk away with no charges, or a 500 baht fine, what the <deleted> is it with Thai drivers, that they always run after an accident. lets not hear we have to listen to the driver first shit, because he ran away, that says it all

R.I.P. little girl, gone way too soon. sad.png Soul destroying and tragic for the family member that had to witness this event. I can't imagine the horror of that situation. I can only hope that the driver is caught and punished to the full extent of the law. More tragic is that this is such a common occurrence. I also hope one day TV stops running pictures of deceased people particularly children.

Nope, 500bht fine and 1000bht to the family, nexxxxxt.

R.I.P little girl you have gone to a better place and God has a better life waiting for you..

To the family I hope you find peace in your life after this.

To the driver, I hope you die a really really really slow and painful death, if not then I will be happy to help you with that.

Haven't read all replies to this thread but the general consensus seems to be "hang the truck driver" !

Have any of you considered that maybe, just maybe, the woman pulled out of a side road without looking, hit the truck half way down the trailer, which would possibly explain why the driver didn't notice or stop ?

I agree that the standard of driving here is pretty low, especially amongst truck and van drivers, however it's not always their fault..

R.I.P little girl, whoever caused her death

Traggic and i feel sorry for the little girl.

And yes truck driver should stopp.

Many blaming the truck driver, we not even know how what was happen.

Over the last 26 years at had a few neer accidents with motorbikes and not much to do with the way i am driving.

RIP, little one.

Yes, RIP and get the driver responsible for this tragedy.

It is possible the mother steering the scooter is in the wrong, you think she should be banged up for 20 years if this is proven to be the case ?

It could also be that the truck driver didn't know she was trapped under his truck.

How devastating for the mother, let alone the child. But it occurred to me also that he might not have felt or noticed the collision with the bike. He might not have seen the woman running after him or thought "Well she's OK, I should stop but I don't want trouble over her damaged bike.". Such things are possible.... but utoo often the cynical conclusion reached by most posters is the likely situation. And they are very likely right this time too.

Laws with no enforcement. Failure at every level of Thai society to accept responsibility for actions. Slavery, bribery, helmets, 10 & 12 year old children riding motor bikes to school every day. The list is endless I often despair of my decision to live here.. Sometimes it gets on top of me and I really want out. So many malevolent uncaring people in the world's most religious society that somehow fails, no, REFUSES to make people take responsibility in any way The Two Monkeys is Thailand's version of the three monkeys. Hear no evil, see no evil. Forget the rest.

Very sorry. Here is 5,000 baht. Can I go now??? Wake up poor Thailand!!!

Thai people don't care of your pity. do you think they will change something...? if they can kill more they would do it... there is no way in this country to stop the carnage.

everyday 80 to 100 people die and nobody care.

Edited by VIPinthailand

It could also be that the truck driver didn't know she was trapped under his truck.

How devastating for the mother, let alone the child. But it occurred to me also that he might not have felt or noticed the collision with the bike. He might not have seen the woman running after him or thought "Well she's OK, I should stop but I don't want trouble over her damaged bike.". Such things are possible.... but utoo often the cynical conclusion reached by most posters is the likely situation. And they are very likely right this time too.

Laws with no enforcement. Failure at every level of Thai society to accept responsibility for actions. Slavery, bribery, helmets, 10 & 12 year old children riding motor bikes to school every day. The list is endless I often despair of my decision to live here.. Sometimes it gets on top of me and I really want out. So many malevolent uncaring people in the world's most religious society that somehow fails, no, REFUSES to make people take responsibility in any way The Two Monkeys is Thailand's version of the three monkeys. Hear no evil, see no evil. Forget the rest.

Very sorry. Here is 5,000 baht. Can I go now??? Wake up poor Thailand!!!

Excellent comment.... With you100 percent......

• 2 weeks later...