AIS Fiber any experience?

nivram4491

I noticed workers rolling out cable in my mooban this morning so I stopped to ask what it was.

Apparently it is AIS Fiber. Does anybody have an experience using this? I am thinking of getting 30Mbps/10Mbps for 1190 Baht if it is stable and reaches the speeds advertised.

They also offer AIS Playbox included in the monthly price which is an IPTV service offering both live and recorded TV. Has anybody used this? What live TV is included.

Where is the office in Chiang Mai?

Also office on upper floor of Maya.....They told me 15/5 was 750++, free install and router with contract, but enconomy 590 thb service was not available, but they check their computer...it is some places. For now, my 10/1 3bb for 590 is good enough for global free calls and watching my parent's Verizon TV account on a VPN, which is 20 USD for 6 months. Will see how the football is. ESPN was fine last time I tried...and most of the games come on in low traffic times for internet...unlike the weekday afternoons, here. I do like AIS, but the 3bb guy at Airport Plaza speaks better English, installed my router right there, (because I didn't have Windows at the time), and I chose to get the router from them for 650 thb just so everything would be covered at one place, without any "fingerpointing." Funny, do they use that term in the Asian techWorld like they do in the US, with pointing considered so impolite?

I Have the 750 package 802 including tax .I get over 20 Mbps Download and 8.40 Mbps upload minimum.Far faster than 3 BB which i had for 8 years at 964 a month.

I also ran both together for 2 months to compare them.

I Have the 750 package 802 including tax .I get over 20 Mbps Download and 8.40 Mbps upload minimum.Far faster than 3 BB which i had for 8 years at 964 a month.

I also ran both together for 2 months to compare them.

Did that involve a new line from the pole? Sometimes, you have to switch companies to get new technologies. Same way for satellite TV.

Take a photo of the wire. Is it rat/squirrel proof? Rats or squirrels chewed my 3bb three nights in a row outing me every night. They raised the wire above the bundle and it's been good for a week. I see new wire around here and it seems thick. The 3bb is the size of two toothpicks looks like black inside phone wire.

post-232807-0-92576000-1438443776_thumb.

All Thai retail ISP''s offer FTP (Fibre To Premises) - Acronym not to be confused with File Transfer Protocol. They only do the "last mile" the city wide backbones are under government jurisdiction CAT/TOT...

So it's simple, when you are in Central Festival, go to the booth with the cutest chicks for your Moo Baan wub.png

I have the 50/20 package with free AIS playbox and HOOQ for about 2 weeks now.

Before had True 16/1 adsl package and while it was ok AIS is much better so far.

I used to get WiFi drop outs on the 2 IPADs my kids and I use and now none of that but this was probably the True router causing some issues. Also had internet drop outs once or twice a day where I had to wait a few minutes to open some sites and keep refreshing and slowdowns in the evenings and none of that now.

Speed on AIS as advertised to local servers. Can stream youtube in HD on 4 devices at once without issues.

Obviously Thai connection to the world isn't as good as a EU 50/20 package would be but so far I am happy with the upgrade and change.

Got up to 5.9MB/s on some torrent files.

This is all in a condo in Sathorn district.

the office I know of is in Central Festival on 3rd floor. They are promoting fibre optic there

Thanks. Went to Central Festival 3rd Floor and registered for fiber optic 30/10 Mbps. Signing up process much more professional than 3BB. Let's hope it continues along the same vein.

did you pay 6 month or 1 month ?

because here 3bb they say for foreing need to pay 6 month , only for thai people month by month

I haven't paid anything yet but sent me a PDF document which charged me for 1 month and 4 days so it looks like I don't have to pay 6 months up front.

I have used 3BB for a long time and have never been asked to pay 6 months in advance. Possibly it depends on whether you are renting or live in your own premises.

• 2 weeks later...

We have 20 mb fibre now with that tvbox-thing. It also has ip radio which is great for me, no more thai language all day.

Can you guys watch internet tv from your homecountry's?

The speed is great so far.

Yes I run Kodi through my android box,it's the best thing I ever did.

Iptv is the future of television.

We have 20 mb fibre now with that tvbox-thing. It also has ip radio which is great for me, no more thai language all day.

Sorry mate but what is Kodi? It's all new for me but works great so far.

Sorry mate but what is Kodi? It's all new for me but works great so far.

www.kodi.tv

Do you know how to add on Thai subtitles?

Can people with varying packages please report their actual international speeds.

Had a report of 50Mb/20 package hitting 16Mb/6Mb, sounds quite typical and alright.

Big question - does the 30Mb package get slower international and does the 100Mb package get faster?

did you pay 6 month or 1 month ?

because here 3bb they say for foreing need to pay 6 month , only for thai people month by month

I haven't paid anything yet but sent me a PDF document which charged me for 1 month and 4 days so it looks like I don't have to pay 6 months up front.

I have used 3BB for a long time and have never been asked to pay 6 months in advance. Possibly it depends on whether you are renting or live in your own premises.

I had to pay 3BB 6 months upfront, when I was new, but I also got free install. I got the router mounted on the wall, and that was a good move, but I can still use a cat 5 cable to direct connect. I like them up hith, like at many hotels, but then it will be hard to connect with a cable. Also, consider power outlet availability, especially in older buildings. I had a custom 8 inch RJ-11 connector made, just so I didn't have the extra five feet of slack in the phone wire that comes with the router...20 THB. A little planning will help out a lot.

BTW, I own and had the Chinot available. You also agree to pay 5000 THB for early termination...

Can people with varying packages please report their actual international speeds.

Had a report of 50Mb/20 package hitting 16Mb/6Mb, sounds quite typical and alright.

Big question - does the 30Mb package get slower international and does the 100Mb package get faster?

I tested it on a server in Europe and i got 21 mb downloading and 8 up.

AIS fibre.

My wife does all the work with installing and whatever, i even don't know which remotecontrol to use, we have so many of them now.facepalm.giffacepalm.gif

I am more interested in online radio from my homecountry, we bought a fibrecable for the stereo to connect with that routerboxthing but haven't connected it yet.

• 1 month later...

I just subscribed to AIS Fiber 20/7 Mbps.

Internet is working fine with the expected data rate.

But, I cannot use my AirPlay device on that Wifi local network (Apple TV, and my wireless speaker).

Does anyone experienced that kind of problem ?

Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived