Thai Booze Ban...did not go down too well.....

menzies233

Had the crop failed, and money was lost, would you have accepted the loss as a reduced return payment of the loan?

Best idea is to set out the conditions of the loan before you shell it out, it was not really a loan but a buy into a share of the crop.

Had the crop failed, and money was lost, would you have accepted the loss as a reduced return payment of the loan?

Best idea is to set out the conditions of the loan before you shell it out, it was not really a loan but a buy into a share of the crop.

I don't think the loan was a buy into the share of the crop. The guy said he bought the land, the trees and tended them for 10 years with minimal returns. It is confusing what exactly his wife's part in the whole deal is though. Personally I think they were trying to get one over on him. Another case of Thais believing that foreigners have a never ending supply of cash so they won't mind if we take the cash because he doesn't really need it anyhow.

Well done sticking to your guns mate. I get sick and tired of the abuse foreigners face here. To those that say don't upset Thai people, lose of face etc.... Sometimes Thai people actually respect it when you' re upfront. All this pussy footing around only leads to one thing, getting taken advantage of.

It's because vast majority of men on this planet are beta men.

See what you can really accomplish in life if you try hard and drink lao kao.

Yes indeed, the hardship and toil and expense that Lao Kao has cost me over the past few years, at least 6 hospital stays of 3 to 4 days due to its amazing effects on the Pancreas, fantastic stuff, it makes the world so rosy until it tries to kill you.

It's a funny booze that stuff. I've tried it, 1 shot was enough.

I've heard it's quite common to find dearly departed still with the bottle in their hand.

Just to add it's the reason why I won't stay in the village at songkran. 51 weeks it's a nice quiet village, but the 1 week of songkran turns it into something out of a zombie movie.

When we were building our house I had a carton of Lao Khao so the workers could have a drink at the end of each day. Some local kids took and drank it, then went home looking for a fight. I got blamed for trying to destroy the village and I wasn't even there at the time.