Buying 10 litres of alcohol

petedk

It has always been possible to buy alcohol during the no alcohol sales time, if you bought at least 10 litres.

Today, however, today I was told by the staff at Big C. that now it is impossible to buy any alcohol, no matter how much you want to buy, between 14.00 and 17.00 and before 11.00.

Is this a new law?

You could previously buy alcohol between 2& 4 pm if it's 10 litres. Then they changed this to people who held an alcohol resale licence, now total ban.

If memory serves me well!

(a checkpoint for my next visit at Makro)

YouOne can buy alcohol during the restricted times if one has a valid alcohol selling license and then still in an amount of 10 litres or more.

So "You" can't tongue.png

Makro markets display this in clear English.

Tesco did'nt make the effort and in English just writes "no alcohol..." while the Thai text is more comprehensive (I haven't tried to read it).

Maybe the rule existed ever since, but was just laxly enforced by waiving the check of alcohol license when more than 10 liters were bought ?

Edited by KhunBENQ

Now is a good to to quit for a few days and see if you are an alkoholic or not.

Well, I can't remember last time I bought more than 10 litres. I bought 6 cans of beer about a month ago and they are still in the cupboard.

I just asked because sometimes we hold a party and need to buy some drinks and I often go shopping early in the morning (9 am) so I am forced to buy 10 litres.

Anyway, I am one of the privileged. I live on Thong Lor. Nuff said!