Reds vow response to Suthep

Lite Beer

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"when they don't like something"

like the repeated violent overthrow of democratically elected governments?

Or judges making judgement in accordance with the law; or the Shins actually being subject to the laws just like anyone else?

There was a lot of violence prior to the removal of the caretaker PTP regime which had lost any semblance of control. But I don't recall any violence in their removal.

"But I don't recall any violence in their removal."

Their removal started with the shooting and bombing of policemen, seizing government buildings and making the business of government impossible, all done with the approval of the traitor Prayut to enable the coup. The reciprocal violence by the reds was in response to the direct threat to democracy, as has since been proven. As a westerner, your continued defence of the destruction of democracy is reprehensible.

As a Westerner your continued support of a criminal fugitive dictating to a bunch of paid lackeys pretending to be a democratic government is more than reprehensible. It's beyond words how anyone believes a government can hand over power and decision making to a non elected criminal fugitive, openly lie, cheat and refuse to be transparent or accountable and claim it's all o k because they were elected, so it must be democratic.

Please give the details of the bombing and shooting of policemen, I was here but missed those reports. I do remember off duty police being caught firing at demonstrators and being let go with no charges.

If you believe the Red shirt violence was due to the desire to defend democracy then I'm sorry but there is little hope for you.

Shins - use paid red shirt / black shirt militia and police to do their violence. Usually throwing bombs, indiscriminate shootings and threats and intimidation such as throwing blood, excrement and burning mock coffins. The elites / Shin opponents use paid thugs plus the military to carry out their violence. When it gets to much the military step in and say enough and everyone is scared of them when push comes to shove.

So, the Shins were resorting to their usual crude violence which despite escalating was getting nowhere and their opponents retaliated; the police certainly didn't do anything to protect them. The army came out and stopped it by their presence, seizing control in the process.

If you believe the Shins or their opponents are remotely interested in democracy or running the country in the interests of all the people then you are delusional.

The irony is that most in my village hate Thaksin, but hate the opposition even more!!

Spot on Fatty.

I think that seems the irony just about everywhere. You vote for the ones you hate or dislike the least!

And in a feudal hierarchical almost tribal culture those hatreds become polarized.

They're not exactly spoiled for choice are they!

But do they ACTUALLY know why they hate the politicians?

A very good question and comment.

I doubt many actually do. Their told that's how it is and just accept it. They haven't got the information or education to process the information if they had it. So they opt for an easy life and go with the flow.

That's how tribal / religious / political / sectarian divides are perpetuated.

The irony is that most in my village hate Thaksin, but hate the opposition even more!!

Spot on Fatty.

I think that seems the irony just about everywhere. You vote for the ones you hate or dislike the least!

And in a feudal hierarchical almost tribal culture those hatreds become polarized.

They're not exactly spoiled for choice are they!

But do they ACTUALLY know why they hate the politicians?

A very good question and comment.

I doubt many actually do. Their told that's how it is and just accept it. They haven't got the information or education to process the information if they had it. So they opt for an easy life and go with the flow.

That's how tribal / religious / political / sectarian divides are perpetuated.

A bit like the technical college wars... They are not quite sure why they hate each other enough to kill, they just know that they hate!

And that is why reconciliation will never happen either.

Why else? Because if there was total reconciliation there would be no bad guys to hate, no bogeyman, and no justification to keep certain policies and procedures in place.

There are very influential people who really don't want Thailand and Thais all holding hands and singing Kumbaya around a barbecue as they'd no longer have a hold over them.

I'm pretty sure most Thais don't know the words to Kumbaya!!!

Or actually understand what democracy is! Thinking about it, there actually isn't just one all conquering brand of democracy. Every country has a slightly different take on it!

So whose to question what version Thais and Thailand eventually end up being happy with!!

• 2 weeks later...

Jaturpon said Suthep will disrupt the peace and now thaksins son has stated as much.

I am sure Nattawut will be able to hold a press conference as long as he does not try try to divide the nation, incite unrest, threaten anyone, intimidate or belittle anyone. When looking at the responses by some on TVF one can be ensured that these negative qualities are in their ethos and Nattawut cannot open his mouth without offending or inciting violence.

He is but a violent irrelevant man trying desperately for his UDD to stay in the spot light and the only way they know how to do that is through violent actions.

What was Suthep saying or doing when PEACE TV was doing what they do best? He didn't come out to threaten or act like a child and state "If you can do it so can I". Where was Abhisit? He is a man that would look odd coming out stating "We will come out in our Dem shirts because PEACE TV is being broadcast" Abhisit let the Junta control the situation and the broadcast was banned. Where was Suthep and Abhisit when PEACE TV was reinstated? Allowed to broadcast again to the nation? No where to be seen because it was deemed lawful.

RED's deciding their own laws, interpreting laws as they see fit and coming out with their firebrand of threats as if accountability was a dirty word.

I look forward to hearing what he has to say followed by him being banned then quickly followed by bombs.

I sincerely hope for the sake of the peaceful majority I am wrong.

I look forward to hearing what he has to say followed by him being banned then quickly followed by bombs.

Again, I sincerely hope my prediction was wrong and this latest bombing was a once off and not politically motivated.