Thai man in coma after face bashed with brick by unruly teens in pub altercation

Lite Beer

It takes a man to stand up for himself in the west here in thaiway takes a mob, a proud nation indeed.

Are you sure ? I read many news stories from the 'west' reporting mob attacks on an individual. Happens all over the world.

BANG! straight in at #8 the "happens all over the world".... the new predictable crap to replace "quality tourist".....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

"happens all over the world"

It's the catchall answer,when you don't have an answer !

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, it could happen anywhere but it DOES happen in Thailand more frequently in this lunatic loss of face, deranged, gang-style , ultimate coward fashion. There is too much testosterone-fuelled rage: all seven of these thugs should be sentenced to 30 years, including chemical castration for the entire sentence.

You've obviously never spent much time in British provincial towns and cities on a Saturday night!

It takes a man to stand up for himself in the west here in thaiway takes a mob, a proud nation indeed.

Are you sure ? I read many news stories from the 'west' reporting mob attacks on an individual. Happens all over the world.

BANG! straight in at #8 the "happens all over the world".... the new predictable crap to replace "quality tourist".....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Sorry, but I don't agree with you.

It's not the catchall answer, it is simply a fact. It is as predictable as some of the corny Thai bashing bs we have to put up with day after day.

But it is a fact.

Some of the poor bastards on this forum who have nothing better to do with their miserable lives than complain about Thailand should get out a bit more.

You could live in worse places, and a lot of people do. biggrin.png

Thai guys and alcohol, this would be a much nicer country if it was alcohol free.... They can't handle booze, it's not in their genes.

True ... It must be some genetic - most thai men drink like a small girl in pre school ... blink.png I guess they believe "Practice makes a Champion" like when they drive as a bat out of hell but here it only makes fools ... crazy.gif What are they really good at ... the men I mean ... the girls are okay at ... well you know cool.png

Edited by Jimlove

Where I grew up in school, the Mexican gangs were prevalent.

Rule of thumb was if you fought one Bean, you would end up fighting the whole Burrito.

I've only been back to the UK twice in the past two decades. The last time was 2007. Almost the first thing my brother told me was "Times have changed, there is no one on one any more. If you see a group of teenagers walking towards you, cross the road and ignore the insults. If you don't they will very likely beat you senseless."

That night on the news was a report of a middle aged man who confonted a group of young men who were knocking his car around, they kicked him to death.

I reckon it's much the same everywhere in the world now. Queensbury rules have long since been forgotten. I don't confront anyone physically aný more. Even if it seems to be one on one, you never know when a knife or a gun is going to be pulled. It simply isn't worth it to 'save face.

You are so right. It's not only in the UK but the same happens back home in OZ. Back in the 50's and 60's it was one on one or in some instances a couple of gangs had a rumble but nothing like it is today. My wife, a Thai, is forever telling me to not say anything to anyone, as you never know if they have a gun or knife. So I've now adopted the three wise monkeys' approach, See nothing, Hear nothing, Say nothing.

Edited by Si Thea01

I don't drink much these days but when I do I only go to one or two bars in CM that I regard as "safe to drink in". One of them is in the row of bars at the entrance to the boxing ring in Loi Kroh, but I get there early and go home early before the drunks get out of control.

In the six years I have been in CM I have not had any trouble.

Have never stepped into a Karaoke bar and never will.

Having my first time coming to Thailand since 1980's, I've seen a lot of things going on here.

It has/had gotten to the point, where I hadn't been to Pattaya for 10 years. And ultimately sold all my houses/business/belongings and left Thailand last year.

And don't regret it. The people here have become so delusional, All of them.

Having my first time coming to Thailand since 1980's, I've seen a lot of things going on here.

It has/had gotten to the point, where I hadn't been to Pattaya for 10 years. And ultimately sold all my houses/business/belongings and left Thailand last year.

And don't regret it. The people here have become so delusional, All of them.

Just curious - where did you relocate to?

I have yet to ever hear of an actual "one on one" fight in this nation.

Your sense of honour will be different from that in other nations.

And why would they fight one on one, I guess they fight to win.

The latest news is that this man has died. The entire kingdom is anxiously awaiting for murder charges to be brought against the insects who killed this man. It is imperative, that they are arrested, tried, and convicted and sentenced to a minimum of 20 years to life, as quickly as possible. This was an absolutely brutal, and homicidal act, committed by kids who have no parenting whatsoever, and goes against everything civilized society stands for. The government has an opportunity to do the right thing here, and make a statement that crimes of this nature will not be tolerated. Little P, are you paying attention?

It wasn't an answer to anything, it was an accurate observation in response to a predictably tedious suggestion about Thailand.

Does anybody have any information on whether or not these cretins have been arrested and charged with murder? If not, this is a real disaster. I am thinking these worms would be treated very nicely in the slammer. Real special treatment for the special crime they committed. And they would no longer have the benefit of the gang to protect them. How sweet would that be. Hope they get their just desserts.

They earned that fate. They crossed a line. All need to be charged accordingly. Little P. needs to make this a priority now that this is national news.

Edited by spidermike007

Thai guys and alcohol, this would be a much nicer country if it was alcohol free.... They can't handle booze, it's not in their genes.

True ... It must be some genetic - most thai men drink like a small girl in pre school ... blink.png I guess they believe "Practice makes a Champion" like when they drive as a bat out of hell but here it only makes fools ... crazy.gif What are they really good at ... the men I mean ... the girls are okay at ... well you know cool.png

As opposed to drinking like what? Like a big drinking man such as you? All hail our farang drinking hero.

I don't drink much these days but when I do I only go to one or two bars in CM that I regard as "safe to drink in". One of them is in the row of bars at the entrance to the boxing ring in Loi Kroh, but I get there early and go home early before the drunks get out of control.

In the six years I have been in CM I have not had any trouble.

Have never stepped into a Karaoke bar and never will.

I don't go to bars period, there's nothng decent in Loei and even if there was I wouldn't go. It's much safer to drink at home and if I get sozzled, I don't have far to stagger to the comfort of my bed.

Edited by Si Thea01

Same dynamic in prisons. If a black man is offended, all his black buddies are obliged to attack the offender. ....same with white supremists, or Latinos, or....

One of the basic tenets of Buddhism is 'no attachments' ...which includes attachments to self-image/ego/pride/culture, etc. Even monks have trouble embracing that, so how can we expect punks in bars to? It's doubtful that Thai kids even know about Buddhism, other than going through bodily motions at the Wat once in awhile, while accompanying their parents in attending a ritual. Thais are as easily offended and quick to anger as Muslim extremists.

Police and rescue workers arrived to the scene where there was a crowd of residents standing around the motionless victim who was losing blood rapidly from wounds on his face....

The whole incident is very unfortunate, but this line is the most disturbing. sad.png