Flying overseas to activate 2nd Tourist Visa entry

If you want to fly overseas to activate 2nd Tourist Visa entry for an in & out flight on the same day, which country/city would you recommend to go to? Is it best & cheapest to go to Kuala Lumpur?

Planning on around 21st to 23rd October for this. Comments & recommendations from others who do this appreciated :)

From?

Bangkok

AirAsia has a 2,260 return (1,290 baht to KL & 970 baht to BKK)

Also do you have to clear immigration & customs then check in again or you would stay inside the airport as a transit passanger? Never done this before hence the question.

Edited by bbi1

I'd say that is cheaper flying to ho chi minh , if I'm not wrong there are very nice promotions by Air Asia and there are no more visa requirements for many countries... may I ask your citizenship?

Australian citizen

Took a look at Ho Chi Minh but it's more expensive the flights. 1,490 baht to there & 860 return to BKK.

Edited by bbi1

Unfortunately and mysteriously Australia ain't on the list of visa waiver's countries http://www.myvietnamvisa.com/vietnam-visa-exemption.html , therefore KL or Singapore is your best option ....

Yeah that's weird considering they have UK but don't have the brother Aussies on there lol.

Maybe KL is the place to fly then. Is AirAsia the cheapest usually or any other airlines? Best to book online or might be able to get a travel agent to get a better deal than online?

No, haven't gone to immigration to extend for the 30 days yet. I believe you need to wait until 30 days before the stamp in your passport says your stay expires before you can do that, correct?

Edited by bbi1
  • Like 1

Unfortunately and mysteriously Australia ain't on the list of visa waiver's countries http://www.myvietnamvisa.com/vietnam-visa-exemption.html , therefore KL or Singapore is your best option ....

Yeah that's weird considering they have UK but don't have the brother Aussies on there lol.

Maybe KL is the place to fly then. Is AirAsia the cheapest usually or any other airlines? Best to book online or might be able to get a travel agent to get a better deal than online?

No, haven't gone to immigration to extend for the 30 days yet. I believe you need to wait until 30 days before the stamp in your passport says your stay expires before you can do that, correct?

I believe you can go anytime, even few days before the expiration...

Ok thanks for your comments smile.png

If anyone else has any other suggestions, please let me know. Also if someone knows if you have to clear immigration & customs then check in again or you would stay inside the airport as a transit passanger? Never done this before hence the question.

Having a look at Tiger Air, I think the benefit of Tiger Air is you can leave from Suvarnabhumi whereas all the others leave from Don Mueng which is a pain in the ass to get to.
Edited by bbi1
  • Like 1

If anyone else has any other suggestions, please let me know. Also if someone knows if you have to clear immigration & customs then check in again or you would stay inside the airport as a transit passanger? Never done this before hence the question.

I did it several times in the past flying jetstar from Phuket to Singapore and return few hours later, and yes you have to clear immigration and custom... then re-enter

Would it matter which currency you select for booking on those sites? Eg. is it best to select Singapore dollars for Tiger Air & Malaysian Ringgit for AirAsia? I'm thinking if you select Thai baht they will hit you with currency conversion fees twice making it more expensive as I'll use an Aussie credit card.?

Normally i did a few times before KL, easy to do same day. But tommorrow i fly by ThaiLionAir to Hat Yai and back the next day (790Baht promotion fare), make my visa run for start my 2nd entry visa at Padang Besar border about 50Baht oneway by local bus (max. 1,5hour oneway). U can do this trip to the border for a few Baht more with minivan (1 hour). So if you take the morning flight, ut can do this trip also in one day, but you need plan your trip in advance to get a promotion fare price by Air Asia or LionThaiAir.

Normally i did a few times before KL, easy to do same day. But tommorrow i fly by ThaiLionAir to Hat Yai and back the next day (790Baht promotion fare), make my visa run for start my 2nd entry visa at Padang Besar border about 50Baht oneway by local bus (max. 1,5hour oneway). U can do this trip to the border for a few Baht more with minivan (1 hour). So if you take the morning flight, ut can do this trip also in one day, but you need plan your trip in advance to get a promotion fare price by Air Asia or LionThaiAir.

In March a dear friend of mine did exactly what you intend to do, but he wasn't allowed to re-enter in Thailand in the same day, he had to wait the next day and so he spent a night in malaysia .

To be precise about my statement, I add that my friend didn't have a visa, his entrance was based on visa exemption .

In March a dear friend of mine did exactly what you intend to do, but he wasn't allowed to re-enter in Thailand in the same day, he had to wait the next day and so he spent a night in malaysia .

To be precise about my statement, I add that my friend didn't have a visa, his entrance was based on visa exemption .

Dear Siriam

Thanks for the warning, but i did it in PadangBesar a couple of times before, never had any problems there. But the latest border run at PB was about 2 or 3 years ago. I heard about Sadao can make problems.

Ok i be warned, but also good prepared, have with me my flight ticket out of Thailand and also 20k Baht cash in USD. But still i think i will dont need this, because im on double entry tourist visa and this will be my 2nd entry. We will see. And if the worst case scenario really will happen to me and im not allowed to enter the same day, it doesnt matter, i can take a hotel for one night in PB, enter the next day. My flight back from HatYai to DonMuang is about 2:40 pm, so enough time for me. And the cheap ticket by LionThaiAir 790Baht incl all taxes (go and return ticket) makes this visa run for me very easy going.

• Like 1

Dear Siriam

Thanks for the warning, but i did it in PadangBesar a couple of times before, never had any problems there. But the latest border run at PB was about 2 or 3 years ago. I heard about Sadao can make problems.

Ok i be warned, but also good prepared, have with me my flight ticket out of Thailand and also 20k Baht cash in USD. But still i think i will dont need this, because im on double entry tourist visa and this will be my 2nd entry. We will see. And if the worst case scenario really will happen to me and im not allowed to enter the same day, it doesnt matter, i can take a hotel for one night in PB, enter the next day. My flight back from HatYai to DonMuang is about 2:40 pm, so enough time for me. And the cheap ticket by LionThaiAir 790Baht incl all taxes (go and return ticket) makes this visa run for me very easy going.

Please just let us know how it went when you come back [emoji6] [emoji106]

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk

Dear Siriam

Please just let us know how it went when you come back [emoji6] [emoji106]

Ok, i will report in two days

• Like 1

I am sure the crossing telling a person being told they have to stay overnight was at Sadao. They have reputation for doing that.

There is a bis difference between Sadao and Padang Besar

I'm not sure 100% I'll ask him... and since we are talking about it, sorry for the OT, when he got back to Thailand they gave him only 15 days, even though he's from a g7 country... Did this ever happen to anyone?

I'm not sure 100% I'll ask him... and since we are talking about it, sorry for the OT, when he got back to Thailand they gave him only 15 days, even though he's from a g7 country... Did this ever happen to anyone?

Mistakes happen everyday. He can go to any immigration office to have it corrected to 30 days.

He sent me few pics in order to find out what border it is and also a void departure stamp from Malaysia coz he had to reenter after being refused to Thailand... as you can see the next he got just 15 dayspost-26625-14386451686472_thumb.jpgpost-26625-14386451782051_thumb.jpgpost-26625-14386451921103_thumb.jpgpost-26625-14386452021488_thumb.jpgpost-26625-14386452103521_thumb.jpg

Having a look at Tiger Air, I think the benefit of Tiger Air is you can leave from Suvarnabhumi whereas all the others leave from Don Mueng which is a pain in the ass to get to.

if you go to KL, you clear immigration Get your entry stamp, then go to immigration again and get your exit stamp

Mistakes happen everyday. He can go to any immigration office to have it corrected to 30 days.

He is just a tourist, not an expert, even though I told him he should get 30 days, he chose to believe the Thai officer... don't forget that the day before he got refused and sent back to the Malaysian side. Furthermore he told me that they asked him a return ticket to his country... Instead he showed them a ticket from KL to Taiwan explaining that his plan was spending some time in Koh bulon and then crossing back to Malaysia to go to KL and Taiwan to follow...

Would it matter which currency you select for booking on those sites? Eg. is it best to select Singapore dollars for Tiger Air & Malaysian Ringgit for AirAsia? I'm thinking if you select Thai baht they will hit you with currency conversion fees twice making it more expensive as I'll use an Aussie credit card.?

I don't think so, but then again I'm not sure

Ps: I just noticed this post

Arrived back from visa run from Padang Besar.

Here is my short report about start my 2nd entry of double tourist visa at Padang Besar.

Songteo from airport HatYai blue nr:8299 goes to city (14km)30 Baht, 25 minuts, change to local bus red sign Padang Besar (56km) 44Baht, 1h and 20 minuts.

Stamp border Out and IN at Thai and Malajsia took me 30 minuts by walk no other passenger , only myself. You can do this also by motorbike taxi price you can bargain 50 - 100 Baht. No nesessary to stay one night in PB. But i repeat i had an double entry visa to open my second entry. The immigration officer lady on the Thai side was very friendly, we had a nice small talk, with a lovely smile of the officer, as she liked i try to speak a few Thai words. At all a good experience.