How does the Ark Bar continue to get away with their excessive noise pollution?

I said why don't you call the DJ to confirm this is his song, and he did that. He was quite embarrassed when he heard that same song in the background, and he did not know what to say.

His ringtone must have been awesome! smile.png

1813aqov5wc2jjpg.jpg

Edited by evadgib

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I said why don't you call the DJ to confirm this is his song, and he did that. He was quite embarrassed when he heard that same song in the background, and he did not know what to say.

His ringtone must have been awesome! smile.png

1813aqov5wc2jjpg.jpg

My guess is that he is instructed to answer whenever he sees Ken calling. One cannot ignore the boss for long, and get away with it. He did not hear the ringtone, as that would have been impossible. But, I guess he saw the sows face on his screen.

What a surprise, a negative thread about ARKbar posted by my old friend "spidermike007".

I am the previous manager of ARKbar that the always neutral and positive moderator, "Roo", referred to in an earlier comment.

I am not posting today to defend ARKbar at all. Some of what has been said here is accurate, the majority is not. Any normal individual will have a fair idea of what is true and what is fabrication or exaggeration.

Rather, I am going to question the credibility of the person who has started yet another thread and negative topic about ARKbar, spidermike007.

Spidermike007 previously took photos of rubbish scattered in various parts of Chaweng and posted them as far and as wide as he could on the internet, claiming it to be caused by and/or inside ARKbar.

Tripadvisor was one of the websites that he posted these photos. I contacted tripadvisor and sent them photos of the same locations that spidermike007 was claiming to be ARKbar. With this geographical proof and following a solicitors letter, these fraudulent photos were removed, and spidermike007 went underground for a while.

I am asking spidermike007 to come clean and admit his actions and to apologise to all of the people that he has been misleading on Thai Visa.

Perhaps spidermike007 will reveal his true motives for his targeting of ARkbar.

Fascinating how ysamui has not bothered to reply to my very honest and truthful answer to his questions.

What a surprise, a negative thread about ARKbar posted by my old friend "spidermike007".

I am the previous manager of ARKbar that the always neutral and positive moderator, "Roo", referred to in an earlier comment.

I am not posting today to defend ARKbar at all. Some of what has been said here is accurate, the majority is not. Any normal individual will have a fair idea of what is true and what is fabrication or exaggeration.

Rather, I am going to question the credibility of the person who has started yet another thread and negative topic about ARKbar, spidermike007.

Spidermike007 previously took photos of rubbish scattered in various parts of Chaweng and posted them as far and as wide as he could on the internet, claiming it to be caused by and/or inside ARKbar.

Tripadvisor was one of the websites that he posted these photos. I contacted tripadvisor and sent them photos of the same locations that spidermike007 was claiming to be ARKbar. With this geographical proof and following a solicitors letter, these fraudulent photos were removed, and spidermike007 went underground for a while.

I am asking spidermike007 to come clean and admit his actions and to apologise to all of the people that he has been misleading on Thai Visa.

Perhaps spidermike007 will reveal his true motives for his targeting of ARkbar.

Fascinating how ysamui has not bothered to reply to my very honest and truthful answer to his questions.

Several days later, ysamui's silence is deafening. Further validation of the continued misdeeds of his former employer, and the fact that, no matter what he says, no matter how much he protests, he knew all along what was going on, and what a great offender the Abominable Ark Bar is, and was, and continues to be, to this day. They are perhaps the greatest single offender on the island. They annoy thousands of innocent people daily. Their lack of regard for the "community" of Samui is legendary. The owners deserve the Thailand "Black heart award" for worst citizen of the land.

Perhaps he has better things to do with his time.

Perhaps every single one of the other (tens of) thousands of innocent people blighted by this catastrophe that live within a 5km range of Ark bar also have better things to do with their time, give that not one of them has popped their head up here.

Or perhaps you're making far more of it than it is, and there is a lot more to this story. Really it appears to be a vendetta.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd

I would not just “Like” rwdrwdrwd’s reply without a comment, but I tend to agree – and I also have been wondering, why we don’t hear numerous others complains.

I can imagine how awful it must be, building the “dream house” and then realize, that the spot is too noisy, and there is nothing one can do about it – I certainly will be very, very sad, if my dream house at Samui become inhabitable because of something unforeseen, that I missed to check or be aware of before I build it – but as Ark Bar and the night life in noisy Chaweng Beach was there long before 7 years ago, it seems to me a bit like building a house next to an airport runway, and then later realize that airplanes really do land and takeoff... sad.png

However, what I wished to say for some time is, that now you have found a new beautiful and silent place to live over at the mainland – and have told us here how happy you are, and I think all of us posters here are glad to hear you finally found your “dream spot” – and no one else seems to post complains about noise from Ark Bar, I honestly think it’s about time to stop the rant; seems like the story after all got a “happy end”. smile.png

• 1 year later...
On 8/24/2015 at 10:16 AM, spidermike007 said:

Thanks for your concern. I am thrilled to report I have left Samui, after spending 10 years there. On the mainland in a very quiet and peaceful area, thank you very much. It is a huge relief to not have my brain pounded by the noise pollution of the abominable ark bar, on a nightly basis. Please enjoy. To each, their own, as they like to say.

"I am thrilled to report I have left Samui, after spending 10 years there".
Thank Buddha for that!
My sincere condolences to the local business owners in your new location. 

On 8/30/2015 at 8:58 AM, Birdman said:

To call Samui a party island is way overstated. Even Chaweng is not a party beach. Actually there are only a handful bars on the 6 km long beach, just one bar on busy beach road, the short Soi Green Mango, and Soi Reggea in the back, some local Singasong pubs in the back.

The character of Chaweng is much more a perfect mixture of nice sand, sea, seafood, countless restaurants and nice food markets, a bit shopping and entertainment. Almost all hotels are right on the beach and there is no better sand and water quality than there.

Accurate and impartial. The most accurate comment in this post.
In total contrast the the ops alcohol infused and biased rants. 
Let the younger people have the 5 kilometres of Chaweng beach, there is over 70 kilometres of coastline available for us "older generation" to use for other purposes. 

Have you heard the younger people complain that the 70 kilometres is to quiet, serene and traditional? No, of course not. They have more important things to do than complain about something they know nothing about.
There is so much more to Koh Samui than Chaweng.  

On 12/09/2015 at 11:33 PM, khunPer said:
I would not just “Like” rwdrwdrwd’s reply without a comment, but I tend to agree – and I also have been wondering, why we don’t hear numerous others complains.

I can imagine how awful it must be, building the “dream house” and then realize, that the spot is too noisy, and there is nothing one can do about it – I certainly will be very, very sad, if my dream house at Samui become inhabitable because of something unforeseen, that I missed to check or be aware of before I build it – but as Ark Bar and the night life in noisy Chaweng Beach was there long before 7 years ago, it seems to me a bit like building a house next to an airport runway, and then later realize that airplanes really do land and takeoff... sad.png

However, what I wished to say for some time is, that now you have found a new beautiful and silent place to live over at the mainland – and have told us here how happy you are, and I think all of us posters here are glad to hear you finally found your “dream spot” – and no one else seems to post complains about noise from Ark Bar, I honestly think it’s about time to stop the rant; seems like the story after all got a “happy end”. smile.png

On 12/09/2015 at 11:33 PM, khunPer said:

But do you really expect the thousands of disillusioned  5 star resort holiday makers to complain here on TV. Of course not, they just go away and tell their friends and families, not to come here and why!